Page 30 of 108 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    Awesome, looking forward to checking them out. Don’t tell the dynastar gods.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

OK, I switched form the 118 to the 192 Rustler 11s and I'm content, I think. Much better ski, and pretty damp for how light it is. It's not a total crud destroyer though as it doesn't have the heft to make that happen, but it's pretty damn good and I guess I'm fine with compromising for the weight savings. And it has a stiffer tail which I enjoy.

I only have one day on the 192 so I can't say much overall except it's a lot more stable than the 188. Just a heads up for anyone else who is thinking of getting one. And I said before, the 188 is not THAT bad.

What's Blizzard up to?

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    OK, I switched form the 118 to the 192 Rustler 11s and I'm content, I think. Much better ski, and pretty damp for how light it is. It's not a total crud destroyer though as it doesn't have the heft to make that happen, but it's pretty damn good and I guess I'm fine with compromising for the weight savings. And it has a stiffer tail which I enjoy.

I only have one day on the 192 so I can't say much overall except it's a lot more stable than the 188. Just a heads up for anyone else who is thinking of getting one. And I said before, the 188 is not THAT bad.
    The idea of a 192 burlier version is intriguing. Post an update after you have some more days on them.

Also, some of us are more than happy with the less burly little brother.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

I knew I should stay away from this thread. Just ordered the 188 R 10 from Corbetts. After selling my unmounted Cochise and giving away my beat up pair to a pal, I thought I could be happy skiing my Nordica El Capo, but that thing skis like a dead fish. Hoping the R 10 will team well with my 13/14 Bodacious.

So what’s new for the next season in Blizzards freeride line. Same same and just new graphics or any substantial changes?

Quote Originally Posted by roQer View Post
    So what’s new for the next season in Blizzards freeride line. Same same and just new graphics or any substantial changes?
    Not much change. New graphics

Rustler 10 gets a little construction tweak.

Only new ski in the “Freeride” lineup is an 82 wasted Brahma/Black Pearl model. Doubt many people would care about those on here though.

From this link https://www.freeride.se/bildspecial-...idor/#image-39 (posted in the gear 19/20 thread) I see a bushwacker (thought that one had been gone for a while) and no Bodacious or Cochise.... but I assume at least the cochise is still inthe lineup?

Quote Originally Posted by couchsending View Post
    Not much change. New graphics

Rustler 10 gets a little construction tweak.

Only new ski in the “Freeride” lineup is an 82 wasted Brahma/Black Pearl model. Doubt many people would care about those on here though.
    Bringing back the Latigo? great ski.

the do look pretty damn nice graphic wise for next year though - very clean and a definite step in the right direction from the past two seasons Not that the current ones look bad - they do not, these are just looking even better imo. Though I guess more importantly, they are hard to dislike - so pretty broad appeal for lots of folks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blizzard-20-2000x1333.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	472.7 KB 
ID:	266677

Sheeva graphics for next year are IMO, the best executed 19/20 graphics.

What are the changes to the Rustler 10 for next year?
    Think it would make a good ski great if it was better at higher speed and heavier.

Rustler 9 wins the line up for me on appearance. Green 3 ways. Slick!

Quote Originally Posted by smooth operator View Post
    From this link https://www.freeride.se/bildspecial-...idor/#image-39 (posted in the gear 19/20 thread) I see a bushwacker (thought that one had been gone for a while) and no Bodacious or Cochise.... but I assume at least the cochise is still inthe lineup?
    Bushwacker has been around last two years. Reintroduced it two years ago as Brahma CA, changed name in 18/19 to Bushwacker

Bodacious and Cochise come back. Bodacious continues with all black graphic.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Bringing back
    the Latigo? great ski.
    It’s a beefier construction than a Latigo, not along lines of a Brahma. But similar I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by noslow View Post
    What are the changes to the Rustler 10 for next year?
    Think it would make a good ski great if it was better at higher speed and heavier.
    Yup it gets slightly heavier. 100-150 grams, can’t remember. Slightly different core configuration. Similar ski just deflects a little less at speed and shit conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    the do look pretty damn nice graphic wise for next year though - very clean and a definite step in the right direction from the past two seasons Not that the current ones look bad - they do not, these are just looking even better imo. Though I guess more importantly, they are hard to dislike - so pretty broad appeal for lots of folks.

Name:	blizzard-20-2000x1333.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	472.7 KB 
ID:	266677
    I really like everything from the black pearls on the left to the sheeva 11 on the right, especially that sheeva 11 and rustler 11. Great graphics and IMO much better than years past, especially compared to like 5-6 years ago.

Couchsurfing, you were talking about changing the cochise?
    Still plans to do that?

Just mounted up some Brahmas last night. They feel stout for sure - I haven't had a metal free ride board in a while. Looking forward to getting them on the corduroy!
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    Just mounted up some Brahmas last night. They feel stout for sure - I haven't had a metal free ride board in a while. Looking forward to getting them on the corduroy!
    I destroyed pow bumps all day with mine. Such a versatile ski.

Im looking for this years Cochise in a 185 and a Bonafide in either 180 or 187. Anyone have a deal?

i guess you already saw these as they were posted a week ago on Pugski (https://www.pugski.com/threads/2019-...s.12025/page-7) but if not:
    Name:  Skjermbilde 2019-01-28 kl. 19.54.21.png
Views: 925
Size:  633.1 KBName:  Skjermbilde 2019-01-28 kl. 19.53.52.png
Views: 936
Size:  514.0 KB

Blizzard Warranty

Thought I'd post this here. We just had a great experience with Blizzard's Warranty dept. My wife broke her Cheyanne's. There was a crack along the base lengthwise, maybe 1/2 the length of the ski. Called Blizzard and they are sending a new pair out. I would put my experience right up there with Pataguccia - which is saying something.

Quote Originally Posted by couchsending View Post
    It’s a beefier construction than a Latigo, not along lines of a Brahma. But similar I guess.
    Care to expound on this? As in more front-side carving focused or simply more of a top end than than the Latigo?

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    Care to expound on this? As in more front-side carving focused or simply more of a top end than than the Latigo?
    It’s stiffer than a Latigo, has a little less rocker

It’s much closer to a Brahma in construction. 98% of what a Brahma 88 is. Just a subtle tweak more for durability when Bruce is out there doing his best Stein impersonation.

edit: sold

Cross posting...Bonafide 187 for sale. Drilled for STH (1) at 306 bsl. $225 shipped USA. Very nice shape.

Name:	IMG_3212.JPG 
Views:	183 
Size:	281.6 KB 
ID:	267084

Last edited by 5Beder; 01-31-2019 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 5Beder View Post
    Cross posting...Bonafide 187 for sale. Drilled for STH (1) at 306 bsl. $225 shipped USA. Very nice shape.

Name:	IMG_3212.JPG 
Views:	183 
Size:	281.6 KB 
ID:	267084

Have a buddy who is interested. Any photos of the bases?
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

i guess i'm the odd man out, I think the new graphics are super boring and bland. def prefer this years. Other than the fact that I wish the Rustler 11's were basically any color other than that green.