Page 86 of 108 FirstFirst ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 2680
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    literally my last 5 pairs of new blizzard came edge high....but so has basically every other ski as well.

oh shit, that’s gotta make dolphin turns close to impossible!! How do you manage?! With or without pole straps?!

I’ve got carbon tip bonafides, 187s in gearswap.

Great all mountain ski. Selling because there I have some overlap now with the Cochise 106 and Brahma.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Anyone have any hustle thoughts yet? A real quiet rollout, it seems.

I had a day on them. 188 10's. Can't AB to a rustler. Obvious speed limit but it's not like you have to crawl over chop. They will stay composed enough if you don't attempt to nuke everything and are -good enough- for energy on groomers. The most impressive thing was how intuitive and predictable they were. Not hooky unlike the claims on the rustler 10; effortless pivoting and light swinging around, can very easily adjust from locking in the edge or slarving. Speaking of, they grip 40 degree chalky pitches confidently enough you can trust them in a tight spot. I was making some of the smoothest and consistent lines in dusty crust trees as I've ever done in any condition because controlling speed was very easy. Would consider as a mellow terrain 5050 or an early season inbounds, and I usually only like skis that can charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Westcoaster View Post
    Anyone have any hustle thoughts yet? A real quiet rollout, it seems.

greg L has been on the 10 as well. It’s a few posts back in here.

Oh, and the rustler 10 is actually pretty sweet I thought. I just skied it. I actually liked how responsive it was and how connected it stays. It’s definitely not a fun slarvy toy.

Who saved me from buying the $199 Spurs on Sierra this morning?

Haha I saw those too last night.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeMagnet View Post
    I had a day on them. 188 10's. Can't AB to a rustler. Obvious speed limit but it's not like you have to crawl over chop. They will stay composed enough if you don't attempt to nuke everything and are -good enough- for energy on groomers. The most impressive thing was how intuitive and predictable they were. Not hooky unlike the claims on the rustler 10; effortless pivoting and light swinging around, can very easily adjust from locking in the edge or slarving. Speaking of, they grip 40 degree chalky pitches confidently enough you can trust them in a tight spot. I was making some of the smoothest and consistent lines in dusty crust trees as I've ever done in any condition because controlling speed was very easy. Would consider as a mellow terrain 5050 or an early season inbounds, and I usually only like skis that can charge.
    Interesting. Mostly looking for a variable conditions ski for Tahoe Spring touring. 1400g sticks are annoying and I'm usually waiting for people on the up so what the hell, might as well haul some more real skis. Hustle seems like it could fit the bill. I enjoy the r9 and r11, never skied the r10.

Looks like they did away with the 192 cm for next years R11 based on website availabilities for the 2023.

I've been debating between the 188 and 192 at 6'0 205lbs. Lots of good deals on 188 right now.

I'm 6'2/210, was skiing em primarily at a smaller resort, and the 192 was the right length for me. If they are gone for next year, I would grab a pair if you can find one; the 192 is a great ski, and I found skied shorter due to the tail rocker and splay. Check out Blister's review and pics to check out the profile if you haven't already. My 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by rockymtn View Post
    Looks like they did away with the 192 cm for next years R11 based on website availabilities for the 2023.

I've been debating between the 188 and 192 at 6'0 205lbs. Lots of good deals on 188 right now.
    Nope 192 will still be available and in Hustle 11 as well.

Demo'd Rustler 10s last week.......loved them outside the pow. Compared to my Atris, they didn't require being driven anywhere near as hard to have fun on the groomers/4cm fresh but anything deeper I wasn't really having a good time.

Kinda want to try some 9s and see how those are but I've got Enforcers, 4FRNT and Mindbenders up next for demo.

Quote Originally Posted by rockymtn View Post
    I just picked up the 188 R11 from Corbetts Ski for $462 USD shipped. Are most people mounting these on the recommended line? I'm gonna mount them with CAST.

https://www.corbetts.com/2022-blizzard-rustler-11-skis/
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    Are most people mounting these on the recommended line?
    I mounted my 192s at -2 (-10ish), and really liked em there (prefer trad mounts). Have read that the ski has a pretty big sweet spot and anything between +2 and -2 works depending on preferences.

Spent another 3 days on B97s this week; blue ice, crud, inconsistent groomers, nice chalk and some boot top. The combination of top end stability and suspension, with the precise edge hold they provide, while still having a releasable tail in 2 and 3D snow, is nothing short of grin inducing. Only place the flat tail doesn't release super well is in manky heavy shit, but that tail is why this ski is so well sorted. Great ski.

Thank you for you review. What length are you skiing the B97 ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gweilo View Post
    Thank you for you review. What length are you skiing the B97 ?

Hey Gweilo, I'm 6'2/210, and on the 189. At the larger Western Canadian resort where I usually ski, it is the right length. I use them primarily as a firm snow ski, but have been taking them out more and more over my Cochise 106 and Commander 108s as the B97s are more precise and have better suspension than both. I did just pick up a Katana 108 though, as a complement, to see if it is the wider, slightly more soft snow focused B97 I am looking for. There are a number of B97 reviews, and sizing advice, a few pages back, and Blister's write up is pretty good; also happy to answer any questions you have about the ski. If you are looking for a traditionally mounted, precise ski in this width, that has great suspension, and shines equally well on and off piste, the B97 has been that ski for me, and is pretty easy to recommend. It requires some technique to get the most out of, but if one has that, it is also surprisingly approachable for a 2500+ gram ski (in the 189 length). Another one of the 'new school' chargers that has plenty of back bone, but is very versatile, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan View Post
    Hey Gweilo, I'm 6'2/210, and on the 189. At the larger Western Canadian resort where I usually ski, it is the right length. I use them primarily as a firm snow ski, but have been taking them out more and more over my Cochise 106 and Commander 108s as the B97s are more precise and have better suspension than both. I did just pick up a Katana 108 though, as a complement, to see if it is the wider, slightly more soft snow focused B97 I am looking for. There are a number of B97 reviews, and sizing advice, a few pages back, and Blister's write up is pretty good; also happy to answer any questions you have about the ski. If you are looking for a traditionally mounted, precise ski in this width, that has great suspension, and shines equally well on and off piste, the B97 has been that ski for me, and is pretty easy to recommend. It requires some technique to get the most out of, but if one has that, it is also surprisingly approachable for a 2500+ gram ski (in the 189 length). Another one of the 'new school' chargers that has plenty of back bone, but is very versatile, IMO.
    Thank you Sylvan. I ski in the French alps, from hardpack to open faces 40 days a year + touring. 50 yo on the sporty side with good technique. I have all sorts of blizzard skis, from Zero Gs to firebird or spurs. My daily drivers are the 192 R11 and 187 black Brahmas for low tide days, both on the line.
    Tore my ACL a couple of years ago, turns out I got fitter afterwards and I now ski harder but I now find the 192 R11 a bit overkill on my knee for soft snow days.
    I am currently in the market for something narrower (100+\-) that I could use both on the slopes and off piste when it’s failrly soft and not too deep or just not too bad
    Tried the R10 but found it skis short for my taste and I was thinking B97 or Cochise 106, to build on the Brahma feel (I love this ski!).
    What do you say since you have been skiing both ? 180+ seem a bit short to me (I have always ski my size mini apart from the firebirds) but the larger sizes seem like tanks reading the various reviews or insights. I’d like something a bit lighter on my knee or I’d stick to the R11 which is a great ski too !
    Missed the ski tests this year so I should really wait but there are some good deals around that time of year and it’s usually when I like buying my sticks !
    Thank you for your feedback, much appreciated !

Sorry to hear about your knee, but glad the recovery went well! For context, I also DD'd the 192 R11 (-2) for 3 years and really like it for a soft snow ski, and I also skied the 188 R10 but found it skied short/wasn't enough. I haven't been on the Brahma though. Opinions are like assholes and all that, but I find the B97 to be the more versatile of the two skis (between 192 Cochise 106 and 189 B97). The Cochise also has great suspension and edge hold while being very pivotable in steeps, but I find for its width it doesn't float very well (the B97 and Cochise 106 shovel is the same width), and isn't that fun on groomers (though it will safely take you where you are going and fast. The B97 design I find has less compromises; it rails groomers, floats fine for its width, and does everything else the Cochise does well (pivoty in steeps, great edge hold and suspension, etc). The way I think of the Cochise 106, is a slightly wider, slightly less refined/precise B97. And to be clear, I wouldn't recommend the B97 as a quiver of one in a place that sees deeper days, but sounds like you have that covered with the R11.
    Sizing is a more difficult question. As you can read a few pages back, some folks love the 189, while others felt the 183 was a lot of ski and opted for the 177. For me, the 189 is the right length, and I'm sure you could handle it at 6', especially as you ski the 187 Brahma and 192 R11, which I believe to be the comparable lengths. Not knowing how heavy you are makes it tough to recommend though. What I can say though is for my weight, I have not found the B97 difficult in tight spaces. Sometimes the first turn off a cornice I will put in the effort to make sure the tails clear, but once I have a little momentum, they are easy to slarve down steep faces, and put them exactly where you want. Only other thing I would say is my wife is just getting over a dislocated patella; I originally thought she would need to go to a lighter ski to keep swing weight down, but she found out pretty quick that good suspension trumped swing weight during her recovery (I'm an idiot apparently). Only mention this as the extra heft of the 189 may not be your enemy. Hope this helps Gweilo; all about preferences as to which ski to choose, but if you go B97, whether you go 183 or 189 (I think the latter is right for you based on your description), I think you'll really enjoy the B97 as an in between, on and off piste, not too deep, ski, with the Brahma for the firm, shit days, and the R11 for hero snow. Cheers.

Oops sorry forgot about the weight. 6.2/200 like you !

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan View Post
    Sorry to hear about your knee, but glad the recovery went well! For context, I also DD'd the 192 R11 (-2) for 3 years and really like it for a soft snow ski, and I also skied the 188 R10 but found it skied short/wasn't enough. I haven't been on the Brahma though. Opinions are like assholes and all that, but I find the B97 to be the more versatile of the two skis (between 192 Cochise 106 and 189 B97). The Cochise also has great suspension and edge hold while being very pivotable in steeps, but I find for its width it doesn't float very well (the B97 and Cochise 106 shovel is the same width), and isn't that fun on groomers (though it will safely take you where you are going and fast. The B97 design I find has less compromises; it rails groomers, floats fine for its width, and does everything else the Cochise does well (pivoty in steeps, great edge hold and suspension, etc). The way I think of the Cochise 106, is a slightly wider, slightly less refined/precise B97. And to be clear, I wouldn't recommend the B97 as a quiver of one in a place that sees deeper days, but sounds like you have that covered with the R11.
    Sizing is a more difficult question. As you can read a few pages back, some folks love the 189, while others felt the 183 was a lot of ski and opted for the 177. For me, the 189 is the right length, and I'm sure you could handle it at 6', especially as you ski the 187 Brahma and 192 R11, which I believe to be the comparable lengths. Not knowing how heavy you are makes it tough to recommend though. What I can say though is for my weight, I have not found the B97 difficult in tight spaces. Sometimes the first turn off a cornice I will put in the effort to make sure the tails clear, but once I have a little momentum, they are easy to slarve down steep faces, and put them exactly where you want. Only other thing I would say is my wife is just getting over a dislocated patella; I originally thought she would need to go to a lighter ski to keep swing weight down, but she found out pretty quick that good suspension trumped swing weight during her recovery (I'm an idiot apparently). Only mention this as the extra heft of the 189 may not be your enemy. Hope this helps Gweilo; all about preferences as to which ski to choose, but if you go B97, whether you go 183 or 189 (I think the latter is right for you based on your description), I think you'll really enjoy the B97 as an in between, on and off piste, not too deep, ski, with the Brahma for the firm, shit days, and the R11 for hero snow. Cheers.
    Cheers for the insight Sylvan, it really helps ! I was actually leaning towards the 189 B97. Might have to wait though as it seems they will slightly modify the core to make next year version a bit livelier if I read right !

Cheers for the insight Sylvan, it really helps ! I was actually leaning towards the 189 B97. Might have to wait though as it seems they will slightly modify the core to make next year version a bit livelier if I read right !

Enjoying the last days of the season

Enjoying the last days of the season

Right on. Trying to be as objective as possible, so been racking my brain as to what the Cochise does better. I'd say the straighter sidecut of the Cochise means you can be a little lazier on em when going straight (but if the boot is pressured, the B97 does this well too), and the slightly more turned up tail means they release a little better in that 3D funk I was talking about. Best I can do! YMMV and enjoy the last days of Spring!

Food for thoughts, will let you know !
    Thank you Sylvan

What's Blizzard up to?

I know no one gives a shit about ski racing but it’s getting old sourcing my ripping juniors race skis from Europe…..

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by detrusor; 04-20-2022 at 02:10 PM.
    I rip the groomed on tele gear