Page 58 of 109 FirstFirst ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 2711
    I’ll be joining the R11 club in a week ... anyone else somewhere warm and wet think this will do well as a west coast (the warmer and wetter part of it) daily driver? I’ll be on the 180s which are slightly skinnier than the big boy skis. I’ve already got junk snow skis and deep snow skis, hoping this slots in the middle of “who knows, who cares” conditions.

Honestly I was looking for a 108-110 mm daily driver ski, and totally should have asked here on this thread, but I couldn’t pass up the deal of trying them out for $300 NIP! At that price, there was a catch of course, mine will be pastely turquoise with feathers on them ... ended up getting a cheap pair of 2019 Sheeva 11s

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    I’ll be joining the R11 club in a week ... anyone else somewhere warm and wet think this will do well as a west coast (the warmer and wetter part of it) daily driver? I’ll be on the 180s which are slightly skinnier than the big boy skis. I’ve already got junk snow skis and deep snow skis, hoping this slots in the middle of “who knows, who cares” conditions.

Honestly I was looking for a 108-110 mm daily driver ski, and totally should have asked here on this thread, but I couldn’t pass up the deal of trying them out for $300 NIP! At that price, there was a catch of course, mine will be pastely turquoise with feathers on them ... ended up getting a cheap pair of 2019 Sheeva 11s
    Bienvenidos! I mounted mine at -1 (didn't like), then +1 (love).
    sproing!

What's Blizzard up to?

The R11s will be great anywhere from +1cm to -1cm.

If I had to have one ski the R11 would be it.

I’m at +1cm but I’m a forward mounter. Love it there.

For reference, was taking some pics a few days ago of my wife’s“177cm” Elan Ripsticks....which are apparently really ~178-179cm, sigh why is it so hard for companies to figure out lengths. Blizzard and Nordica seem to have it figured out.

For reference, here are my 180cm R11s, mounted at -6.7cm (+1cm) and my 179cm E104s at -6.5cm.

Both these skis get used at ton at Whisterl....they both make any conditions easy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9731.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	193.5 KB 
ID:	365881
    Last edited by kc_7777; 03-04-2021 at 11:23 PM.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CMBKGNy...=1vs4p2d4a48sq

Some R11 stoke for y'all. Turns out they crush hardpack too.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

^^^ That's some nice skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnar_Shralp406 View Post

Yep - now that is some Gnar Shralpin! Nice Headwaters - tasty and chalky. Which gullies/chutes were those specifically?
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Yep - now that is some Gnar Shralpin! Nice Headwaters - tasty and chalky. Which gullies/chutes were those specifically?
    Class 6 -> Rock Creek

Very nice carve/slarve technique. R11 are made for this.

That's even rockier than usual - hope you got 2 pairs.

(refreshes mental notes... do not miss the traverse out of c6)

Have ya ever hit the main air out the gut?

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post

Nope, I have dreams of doing the class 4 double but no intention of hucking 6 or 5 cliffs. It'd be cool to link 6 to the lilly pad though...

https://youtu.be/FP83PE3k6Iw this? 10/10 would recommend. Haven't done it in a while though!

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMarkus View Post
    this?
    no, class 6 direct, like this (not my vid)

^ that's a hearty line choice. Would have been better served on some blizzards I reckon. You too Darth

My much loved Rustler 9s have developed a sizable divot in the Ptex under the heel pieces. Both skis, same spot. Mount issue? Doesn’t look like it’s where my pivot heel pieces are, but maybe the original G3 Ion mount?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

no, class 6 direct, like this (not my vid)

That's a balsy move, lol. Dunno how you'd land that without some heavy backslap or about 3 feet of pow. Props for sending it off that thing though.

New bones mounted

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2083.JPG 
Views:	410 
Size:	213.9 KB 
ID:	366765

Holy boner licious - envy factor is high on this one...!

Klauss those are so money!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the find bry!

Hey Wasatchback,
    Do you happen to know the weight difference and any layup differences between the 2019 180 Rustler 11 and 180 Sheeva 11?

I had assumed they were same construction just one had pastel colors plus glitter, and my lazy ass neglected to weigh them before mounting ... but after my first day skiing on them it seems like they are lighter than Rustler 11's and don't have quite the same suspension and damping characteristics, is that accurate?

I did find one silver lining to my cheapskate experiment ... I think these lady Rustlers would just be amazing with touring bindings on them. They were really fun in unskied snow (they were also very fun in skied snow, but not so good in refreezing or thawing chunder). They really don't feel all that heavy so I don't think I'd complain about underfoot weight when skinning on them.

Anyways my knees were also pretty sore on my first-day test run busting crud all day on lightweight 112 underfoot skis ... I think I'll keep on the lookout for a heavier 108 underfoot ski for my mid-width all mountain resort ski quiver spot, and probably one that has just a touch more tail taper. (177 Woodsman 108 is my current main candidate)

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Anyways my knees were also pretty sore on my first-day test run busting crud all day on lightweight 112 underfoot skis ... I think I'll keep on the lookout for a heavier 108 underfoot ski for my mid-width all mountain resort ski quiver spot, and probably one that has just a touch more tail taper. (177 Woodsman 108 is my current main candidate)
    Read the dynastar thread and you'll find a bunch of us dynastar fanboys circle jerking about the m-free 108.

But, I can honestly say that I've found the R11 to be a bit wanting in some circumstances. This is my first year skiing it after being on the gunsmokes for a very long time (still have them).

Anyway, my two cents as someone who has the R11 and has been on blizzard the previous 6 years, the m-free fits very well into that 108 slot. I think I'd also consider the new cochise if you don't need a twin.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMarkus View Post
    Read the dynastar thread and you'll find a bunch of us dynastar fanboys circle jerking about the m-free 108.

But, I can honestly say that I've found the R11 to be a bit wanting in some circumstances. This is my first year skiing it after being on the gunsmokes for a very long time (still have them).

Anyway, my two cents as someone who has the R11 and has been on blizzard the previous 6 years, the m-free fits very well into that 108 slot. I think I'd also consider the new cochise if you don't need a twin.

Blister suggested the same thing, to check out the MFree 108, when I asked if the new Salomon Blank would be a good Gunsmoke replacement. I’ve been liking the Rossi Black Ops Sender Squads, but it’s NOT a Gunsmoke replacement. The similarities begin and end at the waist width, after then the Sender Squads are a big stiff Missile, not the fun playful ski the Gunsmoke was.

Hey Wasatchback,
    Do you happen to know the weight difference and any layup differences between the 2019 180 Rustler 11 and 180 Sheeva 11?

I had assumed they were same construction just one had pastel colors plus glitter, and my lazy ass neglected to weigh them before mounting ... but after my first day skiing on them it seems like they are lighter than Rustler 11's and don't have quite the same suspension and damping characteristics, is that accurate?

I did find one silver lining to my cheapskate experiment ... I think these lady Rustlers would just be amazing with touring bindings on them. They were really fun in unskied snow (they were also very fun in skied snow, but not so good in refreezing or thawing chunder). They really don't feel all that heavy so I don't think I'd complain about underfoot weight when skinning on them.

The glitter and pastel is throwing you off bro!

I don’t have the specs sheets from 19/20 but 20/21 they’re listed as the same target weight from the factory which means construction is the same. I think there is something like a 50g acceptable tolerance so they could be slightly different in weight. 180/188 Sheeva 11s should be just different top sheets from Rustler.

Thanks WB! Appreciate the info.

That’s what I was originally hoping. It’s a pretty light ski for 112 underfoot!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell