Page 46 of 109 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 2711
    Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Did I say "instead of?" I meant "in addition to."

I still have 2 pairs of 186 Bodacious, 2017 and current re-issue black graphic, in the quiver, along with 2 pairs of 188 Rustler 11's.
    Ha!

That, and your comment
    "it's designed for the skier who just points it and trusts that the hill will flatten out eventually"

Ok, I'll bite.
    I'll buy the Bodacious first. Then I'll see about some R11's *too*.
    I'm not sure I'm the guy who simply points it, but I really do love the OG Cochise and Bodacious.

FWIW, new cochise is supposed to go back to its roots. 'Rona kinda put a damper on anyone actually trying it out much at the end of last season though. May be worth checking out if you don't wanna go 118 on the Bodacious.

Someone school me on the history of the bodacious... was there just one prior to the recent re-release and now said re-release is the same as the one and only, or were there two/three gens and the re-release is a copy of one of those, if so which one....

Is the 186 enough ski? I’m 5’9 but fat (swing between 180-200) loved: 191 12/13? Wren, 184 Germany katanas, 185 motherships, 184 mantras, 189 automatic 109s, 192 Bents, 189 OG Spurs.

Wish there was a 187-190, 196 is too long, even by my I have a tiny d and want to compensate standards.
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Gen 1 2012-2015. I think there were some mild flex changes between those years, but the shape and rocker is mostly the same. Full rocker skis.

Gen 2 2016-2017. New spurred shape, better pow ski, but less versatile, lighter and less damp.

Re-issue 2018-2021, full black ski, same shape and rocker as gen 1.

At 5,9 I think you would enjoy the 186, It’s stiff, but the rocker makes them easy to ski.

I thought the 196 was big...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Gen 1 2012-2015. I think there were some mild flex changes between those years, but the shape and rocker is mostly the same. Full rocker skis.

Gen 2 2016-2017. New spurred shape, better pow ski, but less versatile, lighter and less damp.

Re-issue 2018-2021, full black ski, same shape and rocker as gen 1.

At 5,9 I think you would enjoy the 186, It’s stiff, but the rocker makes them easy to ski.
    Thanks! I guess do you think the 186 will be not enough ski for a crud buster fall line mover?

Skibrd- is that your way of saying the 186 will be just fine.

Eye fuxking some 186 for cheap. Drooling
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

What's Blizzard up to?

Quote Originally Posted by volklpowdermaniac View Post
    Thanks! I guess do you think the 186 will be not enough ski for a crud buster fall line mover?

Skibrd- is that your way of saying the 186 will be just fine.

Eye fuxking some 186 for cheap. Drooling
    At your size, I think so. Then again I didn’t really have the conditions to let the 196 run, and tried to ski them with soft boots (XT Free Pros instead of Raptor 140s) in a steep couloir with about 6 inches of dust over refreese bumps... I may of had a different opinion of them with different boots inbounds charging all day on a pow day, but that’s not really my style lately. For reference I’m 6-3, and was probably 205 when I skied them. I also let a buddy tune them, he likes his skis sharp and I prefer them dull, so they probably were way sharper then I’d like. They skied easy, they just are heavy as fuck and ski big. The 203 Shiros ski smaller I feel.

Someone school me on the history of the bodacious... was there just one prior to the recent re-release and now said re-release is the same as the one and only, or were there two/three gens and the re-release is a copy of one of those, if so which one....

Is the 186 enough ski? I’m 5’9 but fat (swing between 180-200) loved: 191 12/13? Wren, 184 Germany katanas, 185 motherships, 184 mantras, 189 automatic 109s, 192 Bents, 189 OG Spurs.

Wish there was a 187-190, 196 is too long, even by my I have a tiny d and want to compensate standards.
    I'm 5'11 and hover around 180, you'll be fine on the 186. I too wish there was a 191, but the 186 is definitely enough ski.

I have two pairs of the OG 186, and I like to use that ski everyday, everywhere. It pivots super easily in the trees but will also straight line crud like nobody’s business.
    I also have a pair of the Spur’d 193s as a pow ski.
    I’m 5’11/200 and I’m also considering a pair of the 196s.

It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    I'm same height and a little light, love the 196, think it's an awesome ski. Just need a little room to run.

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    I have two pairs of the OG 186, and I like to use that ski everyday, everywhere. It pivots super easily in the trees but will also straight line crud like nobody’s business.
    I also have a pair of the Spur’d 193s as a pow ski.

Awesome gonna do it, just searching the couch cushions.

fuck that noise.

gmen.

I had my first day on my 188 Rustler 11s.

9 inch pow day at the ghee. I was in love as of the first run. I've never been on a ski that is so composed and yet so maneuverable. It's damp but not dead, it holds an edge really well and if floats. It flexes into a tighter radius if you want, can be driven hard but yet isn't demanding to ski. Somehow it doesn't have a speed limit and when I ran it through a bunch of rocks it the bases held up beautifully. Everything about it was intuitive.

I'm so stoked.

^^^^ Yeah, that's how I feel about them.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app

What's Blizzard up to?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    I had my first day on my 188 Rustler 11s.

9 inch pow day at the ghee. I was in love as of the first run. I've never been on a ski that is so composed and yet so maneuverable. It's damp but not dead, it holds an edge really well and if floats. It flexes into a tighter radius if you want, can be driven hard but yet isn't demanding to ski. Somehow it doesn't have a speed limit and when I ran it through a bunch of rocks it the bases held up beautifully. Everything about it was intuitive.

I'm so stoked.
    Welcome to the club. The only thing that phases them is glare ice and really set up crud. Otherwise, they really do it all.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Why I never have less than 2 pairs . . .

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Why I never have less than 2 pairs . . .
    Ya I have 8 skis in my quiver and keep thinking I need a 2nd pair of R11s.

Quote Originally Posted by Evo.com employee
    (answering what the difference between 2020 and 2021 R11 is) They put an extra Carbon Fiberglass Compound layer for 2021 to stiffen the ski up a bit.
    Is this correct? I cannot recall seeing anywhere else that the construction has been updated for 2021, only the graphics.

I sold my beloved pair of 180 R11s - one of my favorite skis of all time - due to them just being a wee bit too small for where I live. A stiffer 188 would seemingly increase the difference between the two lengths making me a bit more sceptical about getting a pair of 188s, which is why I ask.

Ideally a 184 / straight pull 182 would be perfection, but I doubt they will release an additional length any time soon.

R11 has had no changes since it’s release.

R10 got a slightly thicker core for 19/20 release to bring the weight up a bit.

Yeah, that was my understanding as well for R10/R11s, excluding top sheet changes that are purely cosmetic and not functional.

Thanks!

Mounted my R10s (at +1 due to the drill bit breaking in the ski) and got them out for a spin today. I get them. They are super easy, a bit skiddish when the snow was not smooth, but then again it was man made refrozen hard pack on day 3 of the season. I’ll see how the next few weeks go before deciding. Seems like a good ski so far. I will probably love the bindings back to -1 or -2 from suggested. Going forward might not of been the smartest move.

yeah, going slightly forward on a ski that is already somewhat turny on firmer surfaces is prob gonna produce no contrary wonders - aka a ski that prefers longer turns - all of a sudden, especially on early season man made, shit fuck hard pack.

As things turn slightly softer they should improve a bit

I did not experiment with detuning, so perhaps that would loosen them up a bit.

What's Blizzard up to?

Yeah, shit fuck hard pack man made is more the Brahmas territory, tomorrow is a new day, and it’s sunny for the foreseeable future here, so I’m sure I’ll be giving all the narrow skis a work out.

I did take a file to the tip and tail rocker sections. Then took a gummy stone and tapered the detune from the tips and tails to about 4-6 in front/behind the binding. My standard for any twinish tip type ski. They were plenty loose, WSTDeep will probably try to put an edge back on them...

I really need to see how they do mid-winter when we are off looking for left over soft snow and the pickings are slim. That’s the real test. We will see, that’s for sure.

The 180/188 length break is the only thing holding me back from buying R11's. I'll probably end up buying both lengths and deciding which to keep. 180 is going to feel too short in soft snow, but I know a 188 is going to be a lot of ski to swing around in tight trees or steep bumps.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    The 180/188 length break is the only thing holding me back from buying R11's. I'll probably end up buying both lengths and deciding which to keep. 180 is going to feel too short in soft snow, but I know a 188 is going to be a lot of ski to swing around in tight trees or steep bumps.
    My 188 measure same as my 186 billy goat but look to be more friendly flex and radius wise.

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Just posting here to say that my 187-cm 2019 Blizzard Brahma 88’s are amazing. Skied them at the Stevens Pass opener today...wow. So stable. So much fun. So much easier to ski than a 187 Bonafide (not that those are super challenging to ski). Haven’t had that much fun on a narrow waisted ski in years.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...