Page 41 of 108 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 2680
    Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    I got a pair of 196s I’m sure we can figure out how to get into your hands.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Wish I could but my ski budget is low and first priority is replacing my 186s.

I’m 210 naked and for the chutes and tight spots I was in today, then 196 is terrifying. The 186 would of been better. I hope someone grabs them and enjoys them.

Just felt too long and heavy? The swingweight on those is a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Just felt too long and heavy? The swingweight on those is a lot.
    Tail kicked my ass, length didn’t bother me too much, but the swing weight did. Maybe I need more time on them, but I’ve been really happy on other skis recently.

I’ve been splitting time between Kastle BMX 115 and K2 Mindbender 116, both of which disappear under my feet. Neither have metal, both are fairly light, K2’s are incredibly light for their size, and the BMX hollow tip gimmick is amazing.

I’m sure with more time I’d like the Bodacious, but I’ve been liking softer skis lately. Even skiing the MX 98s in a more playful style and not just running over little children, grandmothers, and ikon pass holders. I also don’t want to take the time to get to learn them when I have two other skis I’m pretty darn happy with.

Ran the repress OG bodacious today, 2-10" mid density rough dust on crust.

Never once noticed the tail, found it to be uniquely powerful and playful ski.

It will be part of my quiver now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Ran the repress OG bodacious today, 2-10" mid density rough dust on crust.

Never once noticed the tail, found it to be uniquely powerful and playful ski.

It will be part of my quiver now.
    It is an absolute awesome and magical ski... Absolute crusher that is not over demanding when skied...

Now, since you like this ski I am going to have to try the M Free 108 in a 192... From your report and others this sounds like a killer ski...

SkiLyft was rolling my m-free 108 today and seemed happy.

Skied a lot of tight trees and chutes today on the bode. They take a commitment to the fall line in tight spots but are easy to pivot and really can power through the shit. Really amazingly beautiful drifty turns on steep fall line pow pockets.

I skied my pro riders yesterday and the bode is easier and responds better to a more relaxed skiing style.

Pro riders actively look for ways to kill you in comparison.

You like flipcore? Flat underfoot. Whodathunk?!
    That OG 186 is the ski that made me retire my snowboard for good.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post

Skied a lot of tight trees and chutes today on the bode. They take a commitment to the fall line in tight spots but are easy to pivot and really can power through the shit. Really amazingly beautiful drifty turns on steep fall line pow pockets.

I skied my pro riders yesterday and the bode is easier and responds better to a more relaxed skiing style.

186 or 196?

Anyone know the rec. mount point on the Brahma 82 in a 180?

The one on the ski... the bump on the top sheet

Skied the 188 R9 today and it’s a fun ski. Snappy when I needed it to me, in the slightly creamy pow (1-5in) mostly tracked out, I could fly around. Ski pops off everything you want it to and lands with confidence. Definitely a fun ski.

Doesn’t have the high top end I’m used to in a ski, but it’s not an MX98 and that’s 100% ok.

Defiantly recommended it if you want a family ski day ski. Makes everything a bit more interesting because the mountain becomes more playful.

New 177 Black Pearl rips. It’s a better ski than the new Bonifide.

All the new bones/bramas are individual skis at each length. I’d buy length based on skiing style not size. The 189 makes big mountains small. As mentioned the tail don’t want to let go. Instead, it digs in and rockets you down the mountain. Awesome ski if you have the space to let it run. 183 was the most versatile length for me, erring towards open and fast turns. 177 was distinctly quicker, tail was more balanced with the tip (not the accelerator of the 189 or even 183) and was the most comfortable with a bit more centered stance. Stability wasn’t an issue.

Now the real winner: the 177 Black Pearl 98. Sweet damn that’s a good ski. Stable, balanced, calm until you commit to a turn and then it dives into the carve. Change your mind? It rolls right out. Put a black top sheet on it, change the name and I’d buy it.

Anyone have extensive time on the 188 R9 and 188 R10, and could comment on the differences?

I’ve been loving my R9s the past week, super fun, playful, easy to carve, just fun and easy. They aren’t a Brahma or Bonafide, but that’s sort of the point.

Is the R10 closer to a Cochise (which I haven’t been a fan of) or a Bonafide (which I loved)? Is it a slightly more stable version of the R9?

What's Blizzard up to?

Anyone have extensive time on the 188 R9 and 188 R10, and could comment on the differences?

I’ve been loving my R9s the past week, super fun, playful, easy to carve, just fun and easy. They aren’t a Brahma or Bonafide, but that’s sort of the point.

Is the R10 closer to a Cochise (which I haven’t been a fan of) or a Bonafide (which I loved)? Is it a slightly more stable version of the R9?

I skied the 188 R10 from last year at Whistler with 6” of new snow on a soft base. They are one of the worst skis I have ever been on. Stiff midsection but softer and hooky tips and tails. Own a 188 R11, 185 OG Cochise, and 187 Bonafide. It’s like none of these, IMO. It is one of the most perplexing skis I have skied in some time. Haven’t skied the Rustler 9, so not comparison there. Try before you buy.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    I skied the 188 R10 from last year at Whistler with 6” of new snow on a soft base. They are one of the worst skis I have ever been on. Stiff midsection but softer and hooky tips and tails. Own a 188 R11, 185 OG Cochise, and 187 Bonafide. It’s like none of these, IMO. It is one of the most perplexing skis I have skied in some time. Haven’t skied the Rustler 9, so not comparison there. Try before you buy.
    Interesting, I will try before I buy. I loved the 187 Bonafide, but they would lose their rebound after ~60 days for me, hence the switch to the MX98. The 188 and 192 R11 were just meh, same with the 3 (?) different generations of 192/3 Cochise I tried. I was very surprised I liked the R9, but I’ll definitely give both generations of the R10 a shot before buying.

That sounds like a tuning issue more than anything. The tips really shouldn’t be hooky at all, if anything the opposite. These were demos from a shop?

Interesting, I will try before I buy. I loved the 187 Bonafide, but they would lose their rebound after ~60 days for me, hence the switch to the MX98. The 188 and 192 R11 were just meh, same with the 3 (?) different generations of 192/3 Cochise I tried. I was very surprised I liked the R9, but I’ll definitely give both generations of the R10 a shot before buying.

The difference between R10 and R9 is:

R9 has less tail rocker and slightly more metal (the DRT piece extends maybe 2” further up the tip and down the tail) than the R10. That’s the difference. Should feel very similar. This seasons R10 did get a slight change as compared to the first two seasons. It has a slightly thicker core than it used to, making it around 150g heavier per ski than the previous gen. Just gives them more mass so they get pushed around less in cut up snow.

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    The difference between R10 and R9 is:

R9 has less tail rocker and slightly more metal (the DRT piece extends maybe 2” further up the tip and down the tail) than the R10. That’s the difference. Should feel very similar. This seasons R10 did get a slight change as compared to the first two seasons. It has a slightly thicker core than it used to, making it around 150g heavier per ski than the previous gen. Just gives them more mass so they get pushed around less in cut up snow.
    Hum, interesting, that sounds like something I’d be interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    That sounds like a tuning issue more than anything. The tips really shouldn’t be hooky at all, if anything the opposite. These were demos from a shop?
    They were from the on mountain demo center near Roudhouse Lodge at Whistler. You may be right about the tune issue. My buddy who owns an OG 187 Bonafide and 188 Rustler 11 skied the same pair and also had the same impression. I was so disappointed in my Rustler 10 experience. I was hoping for a smaller, more all-mtn friendly Rustler 11. I had a brand new pair of Rustler 10’s that arrived at my house during that trip and I sold them immediately afterwards.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

The 188 and 192 R11 were just meh, same with the 3 (?) different generations of 192/3 Cochise I tried.
    Curious to hear what makes you say that. R11 is like one of the best resort powder chargers out there. You see tons of them on feet of capable skiers, also in the FWT and other competitions. The Cochise is iconic anyway and still a reference as a variable conditions charger. OK, meh in deeper powder but that’s about all.

Some meh Rustler 11 skiing from yesterday...

https://youtu.be/RfElboa8uSE

Quote Originally Posted by roQer View Post
    Curious to hear what makes you say that. R11 is like one of the best resort powder chargers out there. You see tons of them on feet of capable skiers, also in the FWT and other competitions. The Cochise is iconic anyway and still a reference as a variable conditions charger. OK, meh in deeper powder but that’s about all.
    It’s been a few years since I skied the R11 so I don’t remember specifics, but they weren’t inspiring, same thing with the Cochise. Just seemed to do everything alright, but nothing great? At the time I had a ski locker at the resort so having a narrower ski to charge and a fat ski for pow worked, and I didn’t need to compromise.

I will be the first to thank wstdeep for working on my ski technique with me. He worked with me, skiing is better and in more control. I used to rely on skis for stability to cover up for the lack of control of my upper body.

I bet I would have a different opinion of the R11 (and Cochise) this year. If I can find a pair to demo, I’d be curious to see if my opinion changed.

On a side note the FTW (and other comp) argument is sort of crap and needs to stop being used. I really like the K2 Mindbender 116C and Kastle BMX 115, both of which lots of pros (and joes) ski a ton in the FTW and other comps. Just because pro XYZ likes a ski, doesn’t mean I/you will. I love watching Richie Permin ski, but can’t make the Proto work at all, and saying it’s a good ski for me because he sends it hard on it, is crap. We can do better.

Are they as heavy and damp as the Pro Riders? My interest is piqued!

They were from the on mountain demo center near Roudhouse Lodge at Whistler. You may be right about the tune issue. My buddy who owns an OG 187 Bonafide and 188 Rustler 11 skied the same pair and also had the same impression. I was so disappointed in my Rustler 10 experience. I was hoping for a smaller, more all-mtn friendly Rustler 11. I had a brand new pair of Rustler 10’s that arrived at my house during that trip and I sold them immediately afterwards.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Yeah if you like the R11, R10 shouldn’t feel drastically different... especially the new one. The only real difference between the two is the top metal piece is ever so slightly longer on the 10 than on the 11. Rocker profile is basically the same on both. Hopefully you can try it again sometime. Interested to know if your impression is the same.

I’m 210 naked and for the chutes and tight spots I was in today, then 196 is terrifying. The 186 would of been better. I hope someone grabs them and enjoys them.

Have you put them up for sale?