Page 63 of 108 FirstFirst ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 2680

What's Blizzard up to?

The perfect three ski quiver would have to be a bonafide, a rustler 11 and a bodacious. There is absolutely no doubt you could ski everywhere in the world on that quiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Pabst View Post
    I've mentioned this before, but Blizzard ought to make an R10 a 110mm underfoot, cross between a Cochise and R11, ala the Blank. I see the trend of people being less enthralled with super-fats. 110mm gives the ultimate of versatility IMO with a little less knee and hip soreness associated with 118 to 122mm underfoot.
    I’m on the 188 so 114mm underfoot. But for me the R11 as is fills this spot very well. The R11 is very intuitive for spins and skiing switch, it’s a playful ski from the flex at the tips and lightweight. But it’s still holds a good edge and is damp for a 110+ partial twin ski.
    I haven’t been on the R10 but if it’s anywhere close to smaller quicker R11 I’m sure I’d like it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    The perfect three ski quiver would have to be a bonafide, a rustler 11 and a bodacious. There is absolutely no doubt you could ski everywhere in the world on that quiver.
    Not for me...

Brahma/Cochise/OG Bodacious

Ok I haven't actually skied this new Cochise (I own the M102) but I had the sky-blue and carbon tipped one, which I destroyed in Las Lenas.
    Anyway, I would take the Brahma because we have so many hard snow/low snow days here in Sun Valley.

The perfect three ski quiver would have to be a bonafide, a rustler 11 and a bodacious
    Got 'em all. If I went to Sun Valley I'd break out the 27m FIS GS ski, which so far has seen 1 day in the PNW this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Gweilo View Post
    Reading all those posts about Rustlers, gunsmokes OG Cochise and all our favorites skis I wonder if anyone has been stashing some extra pairs in case new versions are not as good as the current ones or the model is discontinued ? Considering their success I bet blizzard will stick to the Rustlers for a while but there’s always a chance new models might not be as good as the current ones. With all the resorts closed here in France I actually found (and bought) a very cheap pair of R11 192 that I will leave in the attic for later ! You never know

PS : Our experience with Salomon skis here in France is that construction is not very solid and durable. Might be different now that the skis are produced in Austria tho

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
    I have a pair of unmounted bodacious for when my 2014 version dies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Beder View Post
    Not for me...

Brahma/Cochise/OG Bodacious

Ok I haven't actually skied this new Cochise (I own the M102) but I had the sky-blue and carbon tipped one, which I destroyed in Las Lenas.
    Anyway, I would take the Brahma because we have so many hard snow/low snow days here in Sun Valley.
    I found out I ski 90% of the time the Brahmas or the rustlers 11, but I would be keen to add something in between. Tried and sold straight way the R10 so I might give a try to the new Cochise. I am 6,2 / 200 lbs but I am thinking to size down a bit since the Cochise is already a lot of ski and I would have a more manageable ski for side country when conditions are not great. Brahmas are great for anything on the slopes but definitely a bit light for everything else. Does it make sense to you guys ?

I found out I ski 90% of the time the Brahmas or the rustlers 11, but I would be keen to add something in between. Tried and sold straight way the R10 so I might give a try to the new Cochise. I am 6,2 / 200 lbs but I am thinking to size down a bit since the Cochise is already a lot of ski and I would have a more manageable ski for side country when conditions are not great. Brahmas are great for anything on the slopes but definitely a bit light for everything else. Does it make sense to you guys ?

Yes. Or a bonafide. But I’d highly recommend demoing them before buying them. Even though they are more user friendly, they are still a lot of ski and down sizing defeats the purpose of the Cochise. I feel like at 6’2 you can only down size so much with mounts moving forward and increase in rocker/shorten shovel equals less planing of the tip. I’m 5’11, 180, the 185 is just right.

Yes. Or a bonafide. But I’d highly recommend demoing them before buying them. Even though they are more user friendly, they are still a lot of ski and down sizing defeats the purpose of the Cochise. I feel like at 6’2 you can only down size so much with mounts moving forward and increase in rocker/shorten shovel equals less planing of the tip. I’m 5’11, 180, the 185 is just right.
    Thank you. I first tried the Brahmas in 180 and that was too little ski. 187 is just fine, I can push the ski quite hard and it’s fantastic. I doubt I’ll ski anything else on the slopes when it hasn’t been snowing for days. I am a bit worried the bonafide might be too close to the Brahmas, hence the Cochise in 185. I am turning 50 this year, back with a vengeance following knee op but I don’t see myself going gung ho on variable shit snow days off the slopes like I used to. Hence the thought of the Cochise in 185 for something a bit more maniable. For anything softer I will always stick to the 192 R11 or the Spurs for super deep days in La Grave.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    This is what we all said last year after reviewing them. Don’t buy based on traditional sizing. Different sizes ski differently. I’m a bit over 200lb and love the 183. Normal skis are 188-190+. Don’t really ski mountains big enough or open enough to ski the 189. 183 is more fun for me. 177 is going to be the best for a lot of skiers who normally ski a 185ish.

Ski shreds if you can.

This is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by MD12 View Post
    This is spot on.
    Thought it made sense too

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    This is what we all said last year after reviewing them. Don’t buy based on traditional sizing. Different sizes ski differently. I’m a bit over 200lb and love the 183. Normal skis are 188-190+. Don’t really ski mountains big enough or open enough to ski the 189. 183 is more fun for me. 177 is going to be the best for a lot of skiers who normally ski a 185ish.

Ski shreds if you can.
    Timely - I have been trying to decide on a low tide ski for a 2 ski resort quiver (ignoring specialty skis) and finally got on the bonafide 183 today. Loved them, significantly more than an m5 (more stable, faster, actually preferred the tails in moguls). Only ski that felt similarly smooth is the stormrider 95 (also tried the Fischer 99ti).

Anyone with time on both the 183 and 189 who can confirm I should stop debating the 189? I’m 5’11’’, 185, will be a low tide ski for Big Sky with some Jackson/Tahoe/Utah thrown in. On other skis with this split I would bump to the 189 - don’t feel it is necessary here but would be helpful if anyone else with time on both can confirm how different the 189 is.
    "Dude - I'd kick his ass. I can take my ski-off so fucking fast." - Jongsy

Quote Originally Posted by vinnay View Post
    Timely - I have been trying to decide on a low tide ski for a 2 ski resort quiver (ignoring specialty skis) and finally got on the bonafide 183 today. Loved them, significantly more than an m5 (more stable, faster, actually preferred the tails in moguls). Only ski that felt similarly smooth is the stormrider 95 (also tried the Fischer 99ti).

Anyone with time on both the 183 and 189 who can confirm I should stop debating the 189? I’m 5’11’’, 185, will be a low tide ski for Big Sky with some Jackson/Tahoe/Utah thrown in. On other skis with this split I would bump to the 189 - don’t feel it is necessary here but would be helpful if anyone else with time on both can confirm how different the 189 is.
    I’m 200 and 6 2 and a very aggressive skier - not a technical expert by any means but ski everything well and had 60 days last year. I would not consider at all sizing up to the 189. 183 is plenty of ski - like a shit ton of ski - and has a longer effective edge than most skis that are in the low 190s. Really like my 183s and they were my favorite/daily driver skis for a while. Now if I had to pick I’d take the m102 or m6 in 184, but find them to be very different and enjoy having the B97s as well. As a disclaimer I also haven’t skied the 189 but really have no desire to even try them.

Thanks, helpful. I skied the m5 in a 184 and it was solid and predictable but I definitely preferred the B97 so I don’t think the m6 is going to change my mind.
    "Dude - I'd kick his ass. I can take my ski-off so fucking fast." - Jongsy

Quote Originally Posted by MD12 View Post
    As a disclaimer I also haven’t skied the 189 but really have no desire to even try them.
    Blister said the same thing about the 192 M-Free 108 until they tried it. Now they are reconsidering everything they said about the 182...

Try the 189. Size up. Challenge yourself. Big skis are more fun.

Is there still an R11 for 2022?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I have the Bonafide 97 in 189 in my quiver. If you like a ski which has no speed limit whatsoever and skis like a fat GS with 40 m radius go for it. I‘m taking it out if I wanna rage the front side in low tide conditions. It might be the pre-production model in my case but I‘d never ever consider it as pivoty or accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by roQer View Post
    I have the Bonafide 97 in 189 in my quiver. If you like a ski which has no speed limit whatsoever and skis like a fat GS with 40 m radius go for it. I‘m taking it out if I wanna rage the front side in low tide conditions. It might be the pre-production model in my case but I‘d never ever consider it as pivoty or accessible.
    I have tried once the old bonafide but as a front side charger, i actually much prefer the Brahmas in 187 (previous generation). It’s rather one dimensional but it’s does all kinds of turns with an amazing edge hold, you can actually feel the whole ski and I have yet to find its limits. Been skiing fat skis for years and I forgot how narrower GS skis are superior for arcing turns on hard pack. Le « toucher de neige » (dunno how you translate that in english) is also fabulous and to me it’s right up there with the R11 in its own program (ie spot on).

My issue on low tide days is that if you want to venture out of the slopes and explore the mountain 88 underfoot and 187cm is not ideal. Hence me thinking of the Cochise or the bonafide in 185.

I have tried once the old bonafide but as a front side charger, i actually much prefer the Brahmas in 187 (previous generation). It’s rather one dimensional but it’s does all kinds of turns with an amazing edge hold, you can actually feel the whole ski and I have yet to find its limits. Been skiing fat skis for years and I forgot how narrower GS skis are superior for arcing turns on hard pack. Le « toucher de neige » (dunno how you translate that in english) is also fabulous and to me it’s right up there with the R11 in its own program (ie spot on).

My issue on low tide days is that if you want to venture out of the slopes and explore the mountain 88 underfoot and 187cm is not ideal. Hence me thinking of the Cochise or the bonafide in 185.

I bought the Bones in 189 primarily for the White Rush race in St. Anton. Some years before I bought the 187 Brahmas for it but wasn’t satisfied with its stability. The Bones are more stable and allow for higher speed in shitty snow. Making turns is not really relevant for White Rush so the Bones fits pretty well.
    White Rush is like Derby de la Meije in La Grave so you will know what I‘m talking about.
    For normal skiing with off-piste ventures I use other skis.

I know exactly what you are talking about, that’s my point ! Soft snow in la Grave I’d use the R11 or the Spurs but shitty snow definitely not the Brahmas. So bonafide would be enough, no need to upgrade to the Cochise ?

To be honest I have already way too many 110+ in my quiver so I’d be happy to keep things around 100 since snow conditions are getting quite unreliable here !

PS : I used to do the derby but turning 50 this year and with a brand new knee I will take it easier. Hence me thinking 183 instead of 189 which is my usual go to size.

What's Blizzard up to?

I’m the same height and weight. Totally agree with you about the 183. I have never skied anything more stable and smooth in that length. And a real plus for me is the vibration frequency that is so easy on my old knees. No need for the 189 for me.

Last edited by swissbro; 04-04-2021 at 02:40 PM.

189 just makes 1500ft runs disappear to fast. Even 2000 vertical feet goes by real quick. 183 is more fun because I have time to actually enjoy this hill. Still goes by fast but the 189 just eats up terrain. Unless you regularly ski 2000ft + continuous runs I'd get the 183. It doesn't lack stability, just more fun.

Look what the Easter Bunny left on my porch today:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1617574272.507282.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	179.9 KB 
ID:	370435
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Wow, you're Easter Bunny has some coin. Or had, I guess.
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

Wow, you're Easter Bunny has some coin. Or had, I guess.
    To be fair, it’s just the Cochise 106’s that are new. The others are just it’s old stable mates.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Hello,
    I am new to this forum so i hope i am posting at the right thread.
    I searched a bit but i couldn't find any direct comparison,
    I am looking for a powder ski and i am torn between the Blizzard Bodacious at 186cm (the full black one) and the Blizzard Rustler 11 at 192cm
    Has anyone skied both and would like to compare them? My main concern is their stability at speed , so if its marginal in favor of the Bodacious i will go with the Rustler for the extra ease of use, if there is any.
    186cm is the only bodacious size i have found available but i believe that the 196 would be too much for where i ski.
    Me: 6' 190lbs

Thanks in advance!