Page 23 of 109 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by greasyslope View Post
    Does anybody have anything more to say about the Rustler 10?
    Great timing: http://blistergearreview.com/gear-re...ard-rustler-10

FYI: I think they where a limited run, but Soul ski (banff, alberta) has a ZG 108 in 192 new

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    FYI: I think they where a limited run, but Soul ski (banff, alberta) has a ZG 108 in 192 new
    Blizzard added a 192 108 last season

Quote Originally Posted by smooth operator View Post
    Tempered my enthusiasm for the r10. I want a 105ish soft chunder ski for the rest of a powder day after the first two hours are over.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Tempered my enthusiasm for the r10.
    yes, mine too

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Tempered my enthusiasm for the r10. I want a 105ish soft chunder ski for the rest of a powder day after the first two hours are over.
    Hmm, I normally find I have a lot in common with Blister's opinions, but that really doesn't chime with my experience on the Rustlers. I demoed them last March (and spent more time on the 11s), so it's been a while, but I found them to have plenty of guts and a fairly full on tail - lots of fun railing through chop.

A French friend ( and v good skier) recently bough the 11s and raves about them too. He used to ski Kästle BMX 128s and 108s in a 195 and reckons the Rustler is way more stable charging than them and (quote) has no speed limit at all.

I demo'd the 10s last year at Alta in the 180 for a few runs and I also thought they had a decent enough backbone. They did feel a little on the light side but I attributed that to skiing a shorter ski than I am used to.

I skied 90% of my days on the OG 186 bodacious last year so that's my baseline, FWIW.

The blister review is what made me ask now. Most of the previous reviews I had read were fairly positive, but I did not like what they had to say.

I figured the R10's might be on the more playful side compared to what I'm used to, but I do not want to feel like I have to make gentle little turns down the whole mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by ClarkleberryFinn View Post
    Hmm, I normally find I have a lot in common with Blister's opinions, but that really doesn't chime with my experience on the Rustlers. I demoed them last March (and spent more time on the 11s), so it's been a while, but I found them to have plenty of guts and a fairly full on tail - lots of fun railing through chop.

A French friend ( and v good skier) recently bough the 11s and raves about them too. He used to ski Kästle BMX 128s and 108s in a 195 and reckons the Rustler is way more stable charging than them and (quote) has no speed limit at all.
    I totally agree. This is probably the first Blister review that I disagree with almost 100% of what they say.

Though i've only been able to ski it on the limited terrain we have open in CO right now, the R10 has been the most fun skis I've had under my feet for 'less than perfect' snow in as long as I can remember. I feel like it lets me make literally any turn shape I want... big, at radius, smaller, and back and forth between all the shapes in an instant. This ski lets me crush wide open turns through crud and then throw them completely sideways to scrub speed, never contesting or acting sketchy when doing so. Maybe the only thing from that review that might have some truth to is is when they say their findings may be different if they were lighter skiers. Im small at 5'6 135lbs, and I'm on the 180 R10. Perhaps its the proportions there that are making this ski feel as chargy as it does, but that's just speculation. All I know is I have no reservations about buying this ski as my do it all charger. I'm super excited to get it into some more technical terrain with some steeps (read: away from peak 8 breck) and let it rip. Carving, smearing, straight-lining, airing.. it really does it all. The tails are also seem to hit the perfect balance between support and playful, and tail-pressing rollers has never been this fun.

I agree the Blister review is a huge discouragement, but I'd recommend looking around it and at least trying out a pair. That review makes me wonder if maybe they're just not great skiers.

Quote Originally Posted by greasyslope View Post
    The blister review is what made me ask now. Most of the previous reviews I had read were fairly positive, but I did not like what they had to say.

I figured the R10's might be on the more playful side compared to what I'm used to, but I do not want to feel like I have to make gentle little turns down the whole mountain.
    Playful is definitely a word that I would tag onto the rest of the adjectives associated with the R10, but feeling as though I have to make gentle little turns down the whole mountain is literally the exact opposite feeling that I have when skiing them. It's more like "how hard can I push this ski before my knees blow up".

Question to the collective skiing the Rustler 11s: did you mount them on the recommended factory line or did you vary from that? What are the results?
    Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Question to the collective skiing the Rustler 11s: did you mount them on the recommended factory line or did you vary from that? What are the results?
    Thx
    I did some cat skiing with the R11 last year, it was mounted on the line. Money.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Thx
    I mounted mine +2 with Sth2s and on the line with kingpins (inserts).

188cm length R11's

I have only skied the +2 mount yet, and it works really good. The tips are huge, and i can drive them hard in soft snow. Playful and quick feeling, yet very stable. Skied this weekend on 8" fresh over refrozen chop, no problem at all hitting the icy chop where it's exposed through the fresh at high speed. Im also impressed by how good edge hold they have on icy groomers, they really lock in and carve trenches, but can break free into slarves on demand. I instantly felt comfortable and home on these.

I can't imagine they will ski better on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexon Phil View Post
    I did some cat skiing with the R11 last year, it was mounted on the line. Money.
    Thanks. Was asking since their mounting line appeared to be a tad more forward than on other comparable skis.

Thx
    I skied the both the 188 and 180 on the line at demo. At 5'8" and 165 I would mount the 188 at +1.5 and will mount my new 180's on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Hs326 View Post
    I mounted mine +2 with Sth2s and on the line with kingpins (inserts).

188cm length R11's

I have only skied the +2 mount yet, and it works really good. The tips are huge, and i can drive them hard in soft snow. Playful and quick feeling, yet very stable. Skied this weekend on 8" fresh over refrozen chop, no problem at all hitting the icy chop where it's exposed through the fresh at high speed. Im also impressed by how good edge hold they have on icy groomers, they really lock in and carve trenches, but can break free into slarves on demand. I instantly felt comfortable and home on these.

I can't imagine they will ski better on the line.
    Thank you, please let me know how they skied on the line. Your height and weight?

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    I skied the both the 188 and 180 on the line at demo. At 5'8" and 165 I would mount the 188 at +1.5 and will mount my new 180's on the line.
    Me 5'10", currently 170 lbs. Am solely looking into the 188 length since I am coming down from a 191 driver. Mere directional skier, no trickster.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexon Phil View Post
    Thanks, which length did you ski and what are your stats?

5’10” 205lb - 188 11 on the Line was fine, maybe could have gone -1cm but not going to change yet. Tails felt a little Long and getting hung up on on some turns, but overall fine.

Likely just get a 192 and everything would be happy.

Thank you, please let me know how they skied on the line. Your height and weight?
    5'11", 190lbs

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    5’10” 205lb - 188 11 on the Line was fine, maybe could have gone -1cm but not going to change yet. Tails felt a little Long and getting hung up on on some turns, but overall fine.
    Likely just get a 192 and everything would be happy.
    Currently on a 191 driver and want a tad shorter so no 192 for me. The tail looked fairly long to me so from mere looks a -1 mount would make sense. But what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by Hs326 View Post
    5'11", 190lbs
    Thanks. Please let me know how the line mount worked out.

any comparison with the gunsmoke ? currently own 186 gunsmokes. what is closer to that ? the 180 or the 188 rustler 11 ? i seem to read between the lines rustlers ski longer (because of less tail rocker most probably)

Quote Originally Posted by slashy View Post
    any comparison with the gunsmoke ? currently own 186 gunsmokes. what is closer to that ? the 180 or the 188 rustler 11 ? i seem to read between the lines rustlers ski longer (because of less tail rocker most probably)
    I would more say the gunsmokes ski short (full twin, and softer) so go 180cm on Ruslers

Quote Originally Posted by slashy View Post
    I have the 186 Gunsmoke as well, and went 180 in the Rustler 11. The 188 felt too sluggish; the 180 is a bit more carvy and precise than the Gunsmoke and looks really short when you glance down, but I think it was the right call.

WTB Rustler 11 188cm if anyone is having second thoughts

Anyone have more feedback on the new Spur?

Anyone on a R10 in 188 that they don't love let me know!

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by prsboogie View Post
    Anyone on a R10 in 188 that they don't love let me know!

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    I have a pair that only have one day on them. PM sent.