Page 94 of 109 FirstFirst ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 2711
    Curious to see more on the snow feedback come in as I've really enjoyed my Rustler 10s (188) as a daily driver here in Whitefish, but they are near end of life and I've been pondering replacements. Looks like current shop inventory will be my last chance to pick up the old design if I decide I want more of the same.

I'm not opposed to the extra length, but not if it makes them harder to swing around through the tighter trees.

Are they keeping the variable waist widths? Article just says 102 underfoot for the 180cm, but I recall the older models stepped up to 104 underfoot for the 188 (and down to 100 for the short size).

Gonna miss the 10s being blue--I appreciated that they kept them consistent even as the 9 and 11 switched colors.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesbrother49 View Post
    Hahahha..I just did a trade show showing the new lineup to dealers and buyers and their was one consistent message from any woman in the booth..."Those are the coolest women graphics I've ever seen". Men know nothing!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	meme.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	137.0 KB 
ID:	442040

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    Same amount of metal as before repositioned to give the skis a much more round and consistent flex from tip to tail. Present layup can cause some hinging in the tip and tail where the metal ends in the fore body of the ski. Two strips of metal that change in width depending on the model, run the full length of the ski but are not joined in the tip and tail. The third piece of metal under foot is also not joined to the strips over the sidewalls. This is important as it keeps the playfulness that the old construction had by keeping the ends of the skis torsionally softer.

I can feel the full length of the ski more on this new model. Previous gen, especially the 10, I felt like you couldn’t feel much of the ski past where the rocker started and they always felt very short

10 got the biggest change to the rocker with much less tail rocker which is a very welcome change.

9 is now 96mm under foot.

Spent most of my time on the 192 R11 so far as it’s been snowing so much. I don’t think we’ll see 192 r10s to test until maybe March.

All in all I think the top end has been improved considerably without sacrificing the ease of use and playfulness.
    Badass - thanks for sharing the straight dope.

Is the 192 R11 still significantly burlier than the [checks notes] 186 R11? I understand the first-gen had a stiffer layup or something.

When will us plebes be able to buy the new shit?
    sproing!

Are the hustle heavier than the v2 rustlers? Dont really understand the published weights.

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Badass - thanks for sharing the straight dope.

Is the 192 R11 still significantly burlier than the [checks notes] 186 R11? I understand the first-gen had a stiffer layup or something.

When will us plebes be able to buy the new shit?
    Yup. Longest lengths are always burlier in construction. 186 is also stiffer than 180, etc.

Varying waste width concept continues

R11 192=116, 186=114, 180 and down = 112
    R10 192=104 186=104, 180 and down = 102
    R9 186 = 98 180 and down = 96

Same amount of metal as before repositioned to give the skis a much more round and consistent flex from tip to tail. Present layup can cause some hinging in the tip and tail where the metal ends in the fore body of the ski. Two strips of metal that change in width depending on the model, run the full length of the ski but are not joined in the tip and tail. The third piece of metal under foot is also not joined to the strips over the sidewalls. This is important as it keeps the playfulness that the old construction had by keeping the ends of the skis torsionally softer.

I can feel the full length of the ski more on this new model. Previous gen, especially the 10, I felt like you couldn’t feel much of the ski past where the rocker started and they always felt very short

10 got the biggest change to the rocker with much less tail rocker which is a very welcome change.

9 is now 96mm under foot.

Spent most of my time on the 192 R11 so far as it’s been snowing so much. I don’t think we’ll see 192 r10s to test until maybe March.

All in all I think the top end has been improved considerably without sacrificing the ease of use and playfulness.
    I have the green 192 R11s - with less 'hinging' will the new 192 R11s be more stable in chop? or what is the result of this update?

Just watched the skiessentials video on them, they’re saying not much change to the R10s in shape, but had a higher top end, presumably less turny?

They said the R9s changed considerably, sounded like the new ones are way more mantra like, which is not something I think I want out of a Rustler. My 9s still have plenty of life, but I personally like the soft tip/tails, though do admit they need to be skied pretty centered when really laying into them, flip side is they’re really fun and playful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    I have the green 192 R11s - with less 'hinging' will the new 192 R11s be more stable in chop? or what is the result of this update?
    Yes more stable.

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    Just watched the skiessentials video on them, they’re saying not much change to the R10s in shape, but had a higher top end, presumably less turny?

They said the R9s changed considerably, sounded like the new ones are way more mantra like, which is not something I think I want out of a Rustler. My 9s still have plenty of life, but I personally like the soft tip/tails, though do admit they need to be skied pretty centered when really laying into them, flip side is they’re really fun and playful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mantra like in the R9?!? That’s not what I got from their review at all. “the narrowest of the group, it is most at home in an all-mountain format, and the big changes for this ski make it more agile, smoother, and floatier than ever before. This is a big step in the direction of sophistication, tip to tail precision, and energy out of the turn. It makes short, snappy turns with ease, and feels like the whole ski is engaged throughout varying shapes and styles of carves.”
    The R10 gets a new core and that’s where they differ mostly.
    really wants to be driven through crud, powder, windslab, and chalk. The stability of this ski is one of the perks, and you can really feel the difference between the new TrueBlend core combined with the FluxForm metal laminates.”
    Edit: what they say, is that the increased width makes them a competitor of skis such as the Mantra and that their metal placement is in similar spots
    Last edited by SacTo; 01-11-2023 at 01:22 AM.

Any idea if these might get an early release this season? That new R9 is intriguing for an EC daily

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Any idea if these might get an early release this season? That new R9 is intriguing for an EC daily

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    They will be available in certain sizes at select retailers. 186,180,174 in 9/10/11

In my opinion the biggest change to R10 is reducing some of the rocker in the tail. It falls between 11 and 9 now where as before it was the same amount of rocker as the 11, which was too much for a 102 wasted ski.

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    The new Sheeva 10 and 11 are probably the ugliest skis I’ve ever seen.
    Heheh I’m on the teal Sheeva 11s with glitter feathers, it saved me $350 over the men’s topsheet. I didn’t like the look at first, but it’s growing on me!
    Ugly topsheets are great opportunities for deals!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

They will be available in certain sizes at select retailers. 186,180,174 in 9/10/11
    Thanks, I work at a Boyne resort so I'll check with the shop rats here.

Might as well post a shout out to Blizzard/Nordica support.
    My 180 Sheeva 11s didn’t have any issues on 2D snow but they were miserable to ski in fresh high density bottomless snow. True bar showed that they were edge high on the rockered sections of BOTH the tips and tails, on both skis. I sent pics and submitted a claim to Blizzard/Nordica. They agreed to cover the cost of grinding these things back into flatness and get edge bevels reset (1.5 base / 2.5 side is their spec).
    The bases were initially so concave at the hinge points of the rockered sections that even after a decent grind they were still slightly edge high at just the hinge point … my tech asked me to ski it because he didn’t want to go super crazy taking off material right off the bat. I got them out in cream cheese and they were smooth and marvelous, pivoted, smeared, or carved with ease at my direction. Problem solved.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

In my opinion the biggest change to R10 is reducing some of the rocker in the tail. It falls between 11 and 9 now where as before it was the same amount of rocker as the 11, which was too much for a 102 wasted ski.
    I’m pumped on the changes to the R10 and it has the best graphics of the three. Take my money!

Quote Originally Posted by SacTo View Post
    Mantra like in the R9?!? That’s not what I got from their review at all. “the narrowest of the group, it is most at home in an all-mountain format, and the big changes for this ski make it more agile, smoother, and floatier than ever before. This is a big step in the direction of sophistication, tip to tail precision, and energy out of the turn. It makes short, snappy turns with ease, and feels like the whole ski is engaged throughout varying shapes and styles of carves.”

All true, but if you take out the short snappy turns part, pretty close to a Mantra/Enforcer from what I've heard. Been a long time since I've been on either. I like the very soft entry/exit of the current R9 and they changed that pretty significantly. Maybe it's better, who knows, but is a pretty big departure and takes it a bit closer towards those, not just in width.

I'm excited to get on the 10 and 11.

Unrelated, I've been super stoked on the Hustle 11s.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    [/FONT][/COLOR]

All true, but if you take out the short snappy turns part, pretty close to a Mantra/Enforcer from what I've heard. Been a long time since I've been on either. I like the very soft entry/exit of the current R9 and they changed that pretty significantly. Maybe it's better, who knows, but is a pretty big departure and takes it a bit closer towards those, not just in width.

0.69% of the crap that comes out of ski essentials mouth can actually be trusted. That leaves a lot of garbage. And they loved the last Rustler 10 that everyone else hated. So that should tell you something to start with.

I think the new ones may be what changes my quiver. It would be nice to have something a little less hammer time then my Cochise and Bodacious. Stick a bonafide in there with a rustler 10 and a zero g 105 and that’s a 5 ski quiver that will conquer the world.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    It would be nice to have something a little less hammer time then my Cochise and Bodacious.
    Blasphemer!

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    0.69% of the crap that comes out of ski essentials mouth can actually be trusted. That leaves a lot of garbage. And they loved the last Rustler 10 that everyone else hated. So that should tell you something to start with.

I think the new ones may be what changes my quiver. It would be nice to have something a little less hammer time than my Cochise and Bodacious. Stick a bonafide in there with a rustler 10 and a zero g 105 and that’s a 5 ski quiver that will conquer the world.
    Exactly, nobody ever called Volkl’s Kendo/Mantra/Katana’s, or Nordica’s Enforcer series light and lively. I’m hoping the new R10s straddle the energetic/damp line similarly to the R11s with less of a hinge-y shovel.

Quote Originally Posted by gregorys View Post
    Blasphemer!

LOL! Settle down. I brought my Atris and Nocta out west with me. Wished the entire time that either the Cochise or the Bodacious went in the bag instead of my Atris. Needed that heavy metal thunder!!

I am very excited for the new rustler 10. I cant wait to get on it. I have faith they made it rock!!

Hey wasatchback, 2022 Sheeva 11. Same ski construction and flex as Rustler 11? Is the “womens specific design” blurb just bogus?

You mentioned a couple of years ago that my 2020 Sheeva 11s were the same ski. Just wanted to confirm if that’s still the case for 2022. Because the feather topsheet is soooooo much less expensive

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Hey wasatchback, 2022 Sheeva 11. Same ski construction and flex as Rustler 11? Is the “womens specific design” blurb just bogus?

You mentioned a couple of years ago that my 2020 Sheeva 11s were the same ski. Just wanted to confirm if that’s still the case for 2022. Because the feather topsheet is soooooo much less expensive
    Defer to the expert, but it looks like just the new 2023/24 Sheevas have a different layup.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rustler-sheeva-fluxform-scheme@2x.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	226.7 KB 
ID:	442524

2022 should be the same as rustlers--at least that was my understanding when I almost bought a pair.

My buddy reminded me that my vague recollection of what WB said about the 19/20 skis were, 180/188 the same, shorter lengths womens specific flex. Hoping that’s still the case!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    My buddy reminded me that my vague recollection of what WB said about the 19/20 skis were, 180/188 the same, shorter lengths womens specific flex. Hoping that’s still the case!
    I seem to recall seeing that the difference between Sheeva and Rustler was a single stringer in the core.