Page 34 of 109 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Just mounted up my orange 188's, so I have an extra pair of green 188's to sell, PM me for details.
    If you said 193 Gunsmokes, I’d be all over them...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    If you said 193 Gunsmokes, I’d be all over them...

Gunsmokes are gone, last pair went to oftpiste's Thing #1 . . .

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Just mounted up my orange 188's, so I have an extra pair of green 188's to sell, PM me for details.
    Had green now have orange. The Cheeto skis have really grown on me. I like the orange.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Anyone else have any thoughts on brahma mount point? Curious as to how it skis at +2

Quote Originally Posted by waxloaf View Post
    Anyone else have any thoughts on brahma mount point? Curious as to how it skis at +2
    I’m on the line and I love them there

Can some shop rat throw a tape measure on the current year 178 and 185cm Zero G 95 and tell me what actual tip to tail length is?
    I'm kinda right in between sizes.

measured length is actually 176cm and 183cm on the zero G 95s

Thank you!

Blizzard Bodacious in 175-180cm lengths
    It looks like the Bo isn't made in any sizes except 186 and 196.
    I'm only 5'7" [getting old, so probably getting shorter now...sigh] and a 186 is way more length than I want or need.
    I've got a 2014 Bo, and I love it - but am getting anxious about replacing it someday.

Is Blizzard going to start making the Bo in sizes for non-fat/short people again?
    [I honestly hope the pendulum has swung as far as it's going to go on "light and playful" and we'll return to having more damp chargers...at least before I'm a shriveled old man, who has no need of them.]

Blizzard doesn't seem to have much interest in the Bo unfortunately - I LOVE that ski in a 186. But they're only making them in limited quantities, and don't really seem to be pushing/hyping them much. I have no real knowledge, but I'd be surprised if they added a shorter one.

So, this obviously isn't a blizzard question, exactly, then.
    Has anyone skied the Volkl Confession in comparison to the Bo? (Especially the OG "Tank" version.)
    They do make the Confession in 179 [Though I haven't been able to find one, inexpensively, to suit my cheapo soul.]

Quote Originally Posted by gregorys View Post
    Blizzard Bodacious in 175-180cm lengths
    It looks like the Bo isn't made in any sizes except 186 and 196.
    I'm only 5'7" [getting old, so probably getting shorter now...sigh] and a 186 is way more length than I want or need.
    I've got a 2014 Bo, and I love it - but am getting anxious about replacing it someday.

Is Blizzard going to start making the Bo in sizes for non-fat/short people again?
    [I honestly hope the pendulum has swung as far as it's going to go on "light and playful" and we'll return to having more damp chargers...at least before I'm a shriveled old man, who has no need of them.]
    Because that version did not sell... The Cochise sold like hotcakes but that version of the Bo did not... I hated both the Cochise and 19x Bo, but love my Angel's of Black Death Bos... That ski killed it and was not hard to ski but was heavy... I do now own 193 Rustler 11s that I cant wait to get on... If you are getting older and shorter that sounds like your ski...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180328_101753.jpeg 
Views:	122 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	304648

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

Has anyone skied the Volkl Confession in comparison to the Bo? (Especially the OG "Tank" version.)
    They do make the Confession in 179 [Though I haven't been able to find one, inexpensively, to suit my cheapo soul.]
    I've skied both in a 186 (I'm your size and also getting shorter); they are more similar than different. Heavy, powerful, don't really come alive until you're moving at a fair speed, tend to plow through difficult snow rather than float over it. Although I own the black 2019 re-issue of the Bodacious, I find myself using it seldom in comparison to my 188 Rustler 11's.

Bo a quarterback for Auburn University

Bodacious is a ski made by Blizzard, originally influenced and developed with Arnie Backstrom. It’s still made in very small quantities for a particular customer who usually gets them on some sort of hook up. You’re not gonna see it in a 176 because it’s not the type of ski generally skied by folks who want something smaller. If you’re 5’7” and not looking at the 186 Blizzard likely makes a different ski more suited for you (hint: Rustler 11).

Thanks for the feedback.
    If I can find a pair of R11's cheap, I might try them.
    But I seriously doubt I'll like them as much as the OG Bodacious - no matter what is "suited" for me.

I have a pair of Cochises too, and they see a lot of rotation - but the Bo's come out more often than one might expect. I've had weird conditions where I'd expect to use the Cochise, [it's not very deep at all] the Bo skis way better.

Guess I'll see about picking up an old copy, or perhaps branching out to a Confession.

Thanks for the feedback.
    If I can find a pair of R11's cheap, I might try them.
    But I seriously doubt I'll like them as much as the OG Bodacious - no matter what is "suited" for me.

I have a pair of Cochises too, and they see a lot of rotation - but the Bo's come out more often than one might expect. I've had weird conditions where I'd expect to use the Cochise, [it's not very deep at all] the Bo skis way better.

Guess I'll see about picking up an old copy, or perhaps branching out to a Confession.
    Or try to find a metal Katana in 184. More accessible than OG Bodacious but no speed limit in every kind of terrain as well.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Can some shop rat throw a tape measure on the current year 178 and 185cm Zero G 95 and tell me what actual tip to tail length is?
    I'm kinda right in between sizes.
    If it makes any difference they definitely don't ski short
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Anyone else have tip dive in deep (24"
    or so )powderr with Rustler 11s? I took mine out for the first time in anything deeper than 6" today and absolutely hated them. Major tip dive if I got the slightest bit forward. We're really bad on landings from smaller drops too. After about an hour I grabbed my Enforcer 100s that were much better even in the deep stuff.

I have them mounted on the line for a 336 BSL and am curious if a 1-2 cm move back would help or if I should just move on. For some reason me and this ski just aren't getting along. I'm a "husky" guy (aka a fat ass) at 6 ' 220 and might just need something more stiff. No idea.

On the 192s, I’m guessing?

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    On the 192s, I’m guessing?
    And this might be part of the problem - they are 188s. I got a killer deal on them from a friend otherwise my fat ass would definitely have grabbed the 192.

The Enforcers are 193, but at 100 width they still handle themselves good enough in deeper snow. Maybe I am just expecting too much from a fairly light 188 ski.

You definitely need the 192.

I'd be willing to bet that the Enfocer's mounting point is considerably further back than
    the Rustler as well.

I'm the same size and have skied the 188 a fair amount. Just need to ski it differently.
    Not sure I've experienced crazy tip dive but it needs to be skied in a little more centered
    stance.

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    Blizzard doesn't seem to have much interest in the Bo unfortunately - I LOVE that ski in a 186. But they're only making them in limited quantities, and don't really seem to be pushing/hyping them much. I have no real knowledge, but I'd be surprised if they added a shorter one.
    It's more that there are so few customers interested in that ski. We'll definitely never make the 176 again. The number of people
    looking for those is probably less that 20 globally and that might be a stretch.

While the Bodacious is makes skiing crud at crazy high speeds pretty fun, I'd personally take a Rustler 11 over it
    any day. It definitely doesn't have the top end speed as a ski with two sheets of metal but it does everything else quite
    a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    You definitely need the 192.

I'd be willing to bet that the Enfocer's mounting point is considerably further back than
    the Rustler as well.

I'm the same size and have skied the 188 a fair amount. Just need to ski it differently.
    Not sure I've experienced crazy tip dive but it needs to be skied in a little more centered
    stance.
    I did notice the manners improved when I centered or for in the back seat. At 42 I'm getting to the point where I like to ski the way I like to ski and I'm not changing for a ski. I might throw some demos on them and play with the mount point. I also might just give them to a nephew and try something else.

Any comparison between the Anima and Rustler 11! I definitely charge for a fat guy and prefer a forward stance even in the deep stuff.

I could probably live with these if it weren't for the face plant they did on a couple of short drops.

Quote Originally Posted by cspringsposer View Post
    And this might be part of the problem - they are 188s. I got a killer deal on them from a friend otherwise my fat ass would definitely have grabbed the 192.
    I was going to bet you were on the 188’s and that was the problem. I’m 195’s but only 5’8” and have no tip dive issues in deep snow on the 188. That being said, on deep days I’m on a bigger, fatter ski (193 Shiros, C&D’s, or L138’s).

Life is too short not to have the perfect ski for the powder day.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...