Page 21 of 108 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mda13c View Post
    Do you know what the 188 Rustler 11 weighs?
    2039 and 2041 grams on my scale

While we weighed them at 2040g/ski - 4kg/pair they 'feel' lighter than that in your hand due to low swing weight. While 2000g sounds pretty heavy on paper I still see myself throwing kingpin's on these as my side country ski for places like whistler where you often find yourself doing some shorter tours but still end up skiing some resort laps on those days too. I would have gone 180 for a dedicated touring ski. The kingpin has impressed me through demos with its ability to edge wider skis and handle choppy conditions. Still too heavy and bulky for any dedicated touring, but so are most skis over 110mm, IMO. Marker knows I still want one with steel parts and a set of 16 springs in the back.

188 is what I demo'ed and found it to be an overall improvement from my Bodacious in everything but steep, deep and open runs. I felt much more confident skiing into thrashed areas at speed on them then I ever did on my Bodacious. The tips are light and quick which makes up for having minimal taper (generally I like tapered tips on anything 115ish or wider). Like the most traditional blizzards the Rustler 11 really shines when the tail follows the tip, especially in soft snow. It doesn't slarve as well as the gunsmoke did but feels more comfortable in big open turns to me. For the most part I like what I see with skis like this coming from Blizzard (and Enforcer Pro from Nordica, or QST 118 from Salomon) where they are making more playful and manageable versions of their bread and butter while allowing the smaller, newer companies like Armada, Line, 4FRNT, and ON3P to go after more playful or surfy ski designs. The Euro companies' roots are still in racing and it shows in their entire ski line, from carvers to powder skis. The wider euro skis still edge exceptionally well and ski through powder with more traditional styles, while the American companies take a different approach having grown up from twintips and oftpiste skiing. Not a knock on either source but creates a more diverse and better set of ski options for the consumers.

What's Blizzard up to?

Does the Rustler 10 come in 188?

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    God damn I need that ski. The old school V20 Thermo SL put me on varsity Freshman year... flipping between #1 & #2 on the team all season. I killed it on that ski.

Attachment 205048
    ^^^I had these ones too

Quote Originally Posted by aevergreene View Post
    Does the Rustler 10 come in 188?
    Yes. 188cm, 104mm waist, 19m turn radius.

Has anyone had a spin on the new Brahma Ca?

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Yes. 188cm, 104mm waist, 19m turn radius.
    Meh with the turn radii on Rustlers. Maybe it doesn't matter. Who the fuck knows...

FWIW skied the og spurs in fresh snow and cut up and loved it. i am not much of a power skier. Why would anyone soften it?

I assume the Spur is getting softer for pure powder, while they reintroduce the OG Bodacious for skiers who see a lot of crud and mank

Quote Originally Posted by aevergreene View Post
    I assume the Spur is getting softer for pure powder, while they reintroduce the OG Bodacious for skiers who see a lot of crud and mank
    Making 150 pairs of Bodes is hardly filling a market niche. It's just a one-off funfest.

I was skeptical of the radius on the Rustler 10 (and my 180s are a childlike 17.5), but so far I've been super happy with them; even in shit snow.

No, they're not crud leveling steamrollers, but if you expect anything this light to do that you've got bigger problems.

In a perfect world they'd blow out the waist to get the radius up to about 23, but life is a compromise

What's Blizzard up to?

I did not know only 150 pairs of the Bodacious. What will be their stiffer big mountain/powder offering this year. The rustler 11 takes over?

Quote Originally Posted by roQer View Post
    Meh with the turn radii on Rustlers. Maybe it doesn't matter. Who the fuck knows...
    I too was skeptical at first but the 188's ski pretty long for a 21m turn radius. Honestly almost as comfortable in long radius turns as my Cochise (29m) and more comfortable than my Kartels (23?)

Ok so I'm itching to get skiing. I traded my 2016 187 Bonafides for a pair of 194 Kastle MX 98s, and had a blast for a few days, but they are just too much ski for an everyday ski for me. Yep, I said it, it's too much ski. Getting to my question, I sold the 2016 187 Bonafides because I wanted more ski, a longer ski, more effective edge and a little stiffer of a ski. I'm reading the 2017/18 Bonafides have less tip rocker/early rise, give them a longer effective edge, is this true? Has anyone been on the new Bonafides and how do they compare to the most recent version?

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    Attachment 204838

What ski is this?
    I think its a custom to-sheet bodacious. Could be wrong but thats my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    ^^thanks. So a 180 may feel a little deflective in chop?
    Ive skied the 180 rustler 11 in lighter tracked out powder, that through the day set up into some really many crud. Not once did I wish I was on a different ski. The 180 ploughed through the thunder and I an absolute blast of a ski. I'm 5'8' 178lbs dunno if that helps.

Because I measured last night, marked mount points:
    Rustler 11 in 192 = -8cm
    Cochise in 192 = -11cm

Fuck me! The Bode with those firebird graphics would be sweet. I would rock those.

Does anyone have any thoughts on where to mount a pair of Rustler 11s in a 188? Last season I was on a Spur which I mounted at +2 of recommended which I was super happy with.

I'm trying to decide between Rustler 10 or 11. It would be cool to have both, but I feel like 112 underfoot of the R11 isnt quite a big enough jump up in width to justify having it as a pow ski while also owning the R10. Can anyone comment on which would make more sense to get? I know it obviously comes down to whether or not you prefer a little fatter daily driver, but are there other significant characteristic difference between them? Been back and forth on the rustlers or black crows atris, and really having a hard time picking. Having a hard time being fully excited on one or the other..

Quote Originally Posted by jckstein View Post
    I'm trying to decide between Rustler 10 or 11. It would be cool to have both, but I feel like 112 underfoot of the R11 isnt quite a big enough jump up in width to justify having it as a pow ski while also owning the R10. Can anyone comment on which would make more sense to get? I know it obviously comes down to whether or not you prefer a little fatter daily driver, but are there other significant characteristic difference between them? Been back and forth on the rustlers or black crows atris, and really having a hard time picking. Having a hard time being fully excited on one or the other..
    Depends on where you ski and how you ski. I have the Rustler 11 in a 180 and its an incredible pow ski, and its a prep solid daily driver if you see softer snow conditions a lot. Its really quick edge to edge and skis through crud almost as well as the Cochise.

Quote Originally Posted by AGbanjo_74 View Post
    Depends on where you ski and how you ski. I have the Rustler 11 in a 180 and its an incredible pow ski, and its a prep solid daily driver if you see softer snow conditions a lot. Its really quick edge to edge and skis through crud almost as well as the Cochise.
    These days im a classic CO weekend warrior, but even still i'd say I see softer conditions more than not. Really just feel like ive been lacking a ski to be able charge (trust) in between storm cycles. Want something that will be ready to go all out when necessary, but can also still cater to a playfull/jibby style.

Quote Originally Posted by jckstein View Post
    These days im a classic CO weekend warrior, but even still i'd say I see softer conditions more than not. Really just feel like ive been lacking a ski to be able charge (trust) in between storm cycles. Want something that will be ready to go all out when necessary, but can also still cater to a playfull/jibby style.
    The rustler 11 definitely goes all out when you want it to, and its incredibly playful for its flex pattern and will pop of just about anything. Id recommended going up a size (188), I only got the 180 because I could get it for dirt cheap. Its a ski worth looking at if you want something that'll ski pow well but also hold up in between storm cycles.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    Does anyone have any thoughts on where to mount a pair of Rustler 11s in a 188? Last season I was on a Spur which I mounted at +2 of recommended which I was super happy with.
    I'm wondering the same. I skied an afternoon in decent condtions and lots of different terrain in NZ on the 180 and liked them. I want the 188, has anyone spent any considerable time on the 188? Where'd you mount them?

Quote Originally Posted by M3Mike02 View Post
    I'm wondering the same. I skied an afternoon in decent condtions and lots of different terrain in NZ on the 180 and liked them. I want the 188, has anyone spent any considerable time on the 188? Where'd you mount them?
    Mine are being mounted right now. I took a punt and mounted at +1 of recommended. I should be getting them out on Wednesday so I'll post up some initial thoughts this week.

Having just read blistergear's flash review of the Rustler 11, i'm now really undecided on jumping into these as soon as I can. I've been pretty gung-ho on these after reading other reviews over the last month, but this flash review really made the ski sound dull. Basically called it a jack of all trades, master of none. Not a hard charger but also not playful. Just an easy to ski ski that isnt very fun/exciting... Not exactly the words I want to read before diving in.. I'm now pretty clueless as to what ski is right for me this season. I thought this ski would be the solution for something I can ski as hard as I want or as playful as I was over the normal variety of inbounds conditions.