Page 66 of 109 FirstFirst ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 2711
    ^pretty good summary on the tail.

The beautiful thing about the 186 bode is that the tail manages to be supportive but still pretty easy to break loose. I wouldn't say the tail is there all the time ready to kick your ass if you get in the backseat, but its there. I'm also a front of the boot skier FWIW.

A point of comparison I can offer is that multiple times I have gotten on longer skis with a less substantial tail and it took me a couple of runs to adjust. I skied a pair of 193 gunsmokes a few years ago after spending almost every day that season on the Bode's and it felt like they didn't have a tail in comparison for the first couple laps. Similar feeling when I demo'd 188 Rustler 11s.

What's Blizzard up to?

PSA: Cheap Blizzard skis

In case anyone missed this in the Gearswap thread.

https://proskiguy.myshopify.com/sear...uct&q=Blizzard

Proskiguy has new 2020 Blizzard skis on sale right now. Rustler 10/11 and Bonafides are $489 with no sales tax and free shipping. Brahma 88/82 and Sheeva 9/10 are even cheaper. I called them to check it out and they seem legit. They are a smaller shop but trying to compete online. Treat yo’ self!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's Blizzard up to?

I’ve bought from ProSkiGuy and they are legit. Ship to Canada too.

Also just picked up some new 2021 Rustler 9’s for $569 CDN (~$450US) from West Coast Sports in Vancouver. Not sure if they ship to ‘Merica? They had 188s in both the R9 and R11.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1092.JPG 
Views:	157 
Size:	254.2 KB 
ID:	381191
    Last edited by kc_7777; 08-02-2021 at 12:37 AM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2155.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	381242

God.

Damn.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Has anyone spent anytime on the Cochise 106? I hear a lot of good feedback on the rustler hear but not much talk of the cochise.

What's Blizzard up to?

Quote Originally Posted by PNW-skier78 View Post
    Has anyone spent anytime on the Cochise 106? I hear a lot of good feedback on the rustler hear but not much talk of the cochise.

Try this link: 2020-21 Cochise 106
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=341551

I only have a few days on mine, but so far I prefer the Katana K108 and M-Free 108.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Try this link: 2020-21 Cochise 106
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=341551

I only have a few days on mine, but so far I prefer the Katana K108 and M-Free 108.
    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. There is a lot of info there and it doesn’t sound like the Cochise is what I am looking for.

Every time the MFree 108 gets mentioned on this forum I try to find a way to sell my Mantra102.

The Cochise talk has never made me hate my ski. But I have grown to hate the MF108 mainly because I don’t own it and I know I should.

I’m bummed that Blizzard is nowhere on this radar in 2021.

I have a friend here in JP who didn’t even know the maker of his Cochise. “A bull?” was his description. This was 2018?

Anyway…. JP is a small market. You either exist or you don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    I’m bummed that Blizzard is nowhere on this radar in 2021.
    How many times do I have to say it? "Rustler 10.5 @ 108mm"

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    How many times do I have to say it? "Rustler 10.5 @ 108mm"
    Greg - your an industry guy and ski lots of gear. Isn’t the Rustler 10 kind of a blessing and a curse in the product line? It sells well at the 10X slot in the product line especially for the intermediate crowd, but it kind of gets in the way of getting a real high-performance ski of similar dimensions. I know that is that the Cochise 106 is supposed to be, but it’s missing the mark for me.

Greg - your an industry guy and ski lots of gear. Isn’t the Rustler 10 kind of a blessing and a curse in the product line? It sells well at the 10X slot in the product line especially for the intermediate crowd, but it kind of gets in the way of getting a real high-performance ski of similar dimensions. I know that is that the Cochise 106 is supposed to be, but it’s missing the mark for me.
    The Rustler 10 is extremely successful from a business point of view, it just doesn't click for me (I wouldn't call that a curse).

I also don't own a Cochise 106, but it seems to work for other people.

The Rustler 10 is extremely successful from a business point of view, it just doesn't click for me (I wouldn't call that a curse).

I also don't own a Cochise 106, but it seems to work for other people.
    Maybe I didn’t express that well, but you supported my point. The success of the current R10 works well for Blizzard (they sell lots of units) but it is also why it remains kinda blah for some high performance skiers. It is a money maker so why would they change it?

Maybe I didn’t express that well, but you supported my point. The success of the current R10 works well for Blizzard (they sell lots of units) but it is also why it remains kinda blah for some high performance skiers. It is a money maker so why would they change it?
    Not saying they should discontinue the R10, just suggesting they add an R10.5 with better straightline chops and less snappy turn-in . . .

Not saying they should discontinue the R10, just suggesting they add an R10.5 with better straightline chops and less snappy turn-in . . .
    100% agree. You guys probably sell a ton of R10’s, especially 180 and shorter.

Ok, I think this is the right thread now.

Where are y'all mounting your Rustler 11 188's? I think I'm set on -1cm.

What edge angles are you using? Blizzard seems to do 3 and 1 which seems odd for such a wide ski. I'm really starting to like 1 and 1 on wider skis, and may ultimately wind up doing it on all my skis, no matter the size as I'm mostly skiing ungroomed snow and I like the drift and can control it fine on hardpack.
    Also, why don't I have a stripey base structure? Do any of yours come new with them? The fit and finish is otherwise impeccable, but major ski manufacturers seem to be getting cheap with their grinding. I wanna put some slush wax on them for storage and prep, but if I'm just gonna get them ground, I probably won't bother.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I typically like traditional mounts and have them at -.5. I wouldn't go much further back unless you're prioritizing tip float. If that is what I wanted them for I'd probably just size up anyway.

And don't mess with the tune until you ski them. I didn't have to touch mine to get them dialed. Not even a detune at the tips or tail.

I went - 1 on my 188s, but I prefer trad mounts.
    Can feel the tail in bumps etc, so could maybe have gone slightly longer, but it's a slightly short ski for me so maybe not.

Maybe it's the 1/3 I'm noticing? Did not detune, but not grabby either. Tips initiate nicely, but haven't skied them in funk, have BGs for that.

Holds an edge nicely for a 114 waist, would ski as stock, then grind if you're not liking it

Edit: Basically what ISBD says

I'm really happy with my 188 R11s on the line.

I much preferred mine at +1.5cm versus on the line. Tip felt a little vague at rec for me. Skiing in 3-piece Dalbellos with Pivots.

Generally, I tend to prefer most manufacturer's rec line or +1, so not surprised.

Can't imagine wanting to go behind the line, but maybe I've been skiing too many Moment skis! (No, that's impossible.)

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    sproing!

Another on the line on 188’s. Float fine at 200-lbs. Stuck with factory tune but detuned rockered areas pretty aggressively. Big sweet spot, so I don’t see a problem going fore or aft of the line.

188s on the line with a 1/2 base/side bevel and the rocker lines detuned fading to a file at 45* a few inches into the rocker lines.

I’m at + 1cm on 180cm R9s and 180cm R11s.

But I’m only 5’7” (170cm) with a 289mm bsl.

Rustlers are great skis. Big sweet spot as I’ve seen everywhere from -2cm to +2cm in the winding Covid lift lines at Whistler (I ask).

Thanks guys
    Yeah, the edges are nicely finished and detuned. We'll see how they ski.
    Probably gonna wind up with a stone grind and 1/1. IDK how to ski with a lot of tail. Like 🤷🏻♂️
    No longer stuck.

Wow, the edges up the tail are almost park detuned. Amazing.
    No longer stuck.

Where are y'all mounting your Rustler 11 188's? I think I'm set on -1cm.

What edge angles are you using? Blizzard seems to do 3 and 1 which seems odd for such a wide ski. I'm really starting to like 1 and 1 on wider skis, and may ultimately wind up doing it on all my skis, no matter the size as I'm mostly skiing ungroomed snow and I like the drift and can control it fine on hardpack. Also, why don't I have a stripey base structure? Do any of yours come new with them?
    Size of the skier makes a difference. I have all my 188's at +1 (I have the 180's on the line). 5'8" and 175. If I was bigger I'd probably mount the 188 on the line, too.

I detune all my Blizzards except the race skis - 1 and 3 (or 1 and 2.8 according to their chart) is too much for most of what I do. I have the Rustler 11's at 1 and 1, Bonafides at 1 and 2, race skis still at .75 and 3. Stripey? Not sure what you mean, most of mine came with vague diagonal structure, but I grind and wax them a few times before I ski anything anyway.