Hustle 11 - 164/172/180/188/192
    Hustle 10 - 156/164/172/180/188
    Hustle 9 - 157/164/172/180/188

Source: @blizzardskis on IG

Hustle 11 188 = 1950g
    Hustle 10 180 = 1800g
    Hustle 9 180 = 1750g

Source: @blizzimages on IG
    Strange. 188 rustler 11 is 2050 g. So a 100g lighter rustler. Anyways love my rustler 11

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    Strange. 188 rustler 11 is 2050 g. So a 100g lighter rustler. Anyways love my rustler 11
    Yeah. OTOH Blizzard's web site states 2170 g for Rustler 11 188.

Quote Originally Posted by Stenis View Post
    Hustle 10 - 156/164/172/180/188
    Hustle 9 - 157/164/172/180/188

Source: @blizzardskis on IG

Hustle 11 188 = 1950g
    Hustle 10 180 = 1800g
    Hustle 9 180 = 1750g

Source: @blizzimages on IG
    Too heavy for my blood.

I would say that the changed construction on the Hustle 10 may actually be a very good change for that mold. The Rustler 10 is a missed mark IMO, so the Hustle 10 may acheive what people wanted from the Rustler 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Stenis View Post

Hustle 11 188 = 1950g
    Thanks.

Happy to see the 192. Weights are not unreasonable, but have to admit I'm pretty surprised to see blizzard make identical skis separated by only ~200g??

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Am I the only one who wants a 10x wide touring ski in a 190+ length? I never should of sold the Scouts.

No! But we might be the only two.

For ski touring I love the Zero Gs, so light on the way up yet pleasant to ski on the way down, whatever the snow conditions. With the pro boots and light pins the are really light and fast. A no brainer if you plan to 1000+ meter up.

For freeriding Rustler 11s are great and with Duke PT and Cochise boots you can charge hard on the way down + skin up few hundred meters if needed to catch a line. Its on the heavy side but it works fine and it also makes a great all round travel combo.

Now comes the « utility ski » as Blizzard puts it on IG., to do laps in the back country…. Quite curious to see how it fits between the two re weight and skiability.

And obviously find our wether the hustle 10 works better than the R10.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    The black top sheet argument is never ending. Look at how many of the euro skimo brands make all black skis…Most of them. If anyone was concerned about it it would be them.
    Tell that to me when I'm on a skin track with a few extra pounds of snow on the top sheet. Different climate and different types of touring I suppose. Lots of skis are going white on the tips for a reason.

Anyone know if the rec mount point on the R11 192 has changed from the 2018 green versions?
    Have a pair of 2022 orange 192s coming soon and planning to go +1.5cm from rec.

Quote Originally Posted by kicool View Post
    Anyone know if the rec mount point on the R11 192 has changed from the 2018 green versions?
    Have a pair of 2022 orange 192s coming soon and planning to go +1.5cm from rec.
    Mount points are all the same at -7.8

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

What's Blizzard up to?

At this point I’ve had a few more days on the 192 Cochise 106 and I’m pretty stoked on this ski.

I think my description of a “slightly more casual OG 193 Cochise” is spot on.

I am not a fan of quiver overlap or having “too many” skis. I only want one ski in each waist width / category, and these will be my inbounds 10X ski for the foreseeable future.

These will be the ski I grab most days. I have skis for when it hasn’t snowed in weeks and I have skis for powder… but these will be that mixed condition daily driver for most days.

I like to ski fast. I like to ski the fall line. I spend most of my (non-powder) ski days searching out steep tech with edgeable snow. I love a good traverse or hike to get there… Some of my favorite places on Earth: Crystal Chair 6, Mammoth Chair 23, Headwall at OV, ABC at Alpine.

A quick review.

- Groomers - They rail turns on their 26m radius well. You can really push into them as much as you want and they hold. But… you can’t load them up and spring them out of turns like your favorite frontside ski… with this ski, groomers are for transportation or warming up the legs. If you want to lap groomers, you should be on something else. Pretty similar to the OG Cochise here…

Open bowl Crud / Windbuff - Two skis I’ve owned; the OG Cochise and LP105 are best in class here. These are 90% there. Like any good charger, you can arch, railing the turn radius, and haul ass down the mountain. It’s not the freight train, try and stop me feeling from the LP or OG… You can still charge crazy fast; call it “mach-looney”, but you might not be able to go “mach-stupid”. This is what these skis are designed to do, and they do it super well without being punishing. I kept thinking “wow, these are a well engineered tool”.

Bumps / Steep Trees / Tight Spaces - A huge improvement from the OG or LP here. Easy to whip the ski around, jump turn, make quick adjustments. No issues skiing the fall line in tight techy zones. The little that you lose in full throttle offgroom charging, you more than make up for here. They are closer to my older 187 Bonafides here than the OGs (which is a great thing).

Powder - The OGs are submarines and need vert and speed to ski pow. These are not submarines. You can noodle low angle pow. They don’t rise and plane like a modern pow ski but they float enough to get by. I owned the Corvus for a sec, it skis pow better than these. If there is more than 3-4 inches of fresh snow, I’ll grab my GPOs or Protests.

Speed limit - I stated that these are 90% of the charger as the LP and OG Cochise. That doesn’t mean they are not fast as hell. They probably have a higher speed limit than all but 3 or 4 skis on the market. I am 6’2” 205#. I never found the speed limit of the LP or OG. I haven’t yet found a speed limit on these. I think I maybe, might be able too… I will certainly try.

Last edited by nickwm21; 01-10-2022 at 11:47 AM.
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Those are already for sale: https://www.telemark-pyrenees.com/sk...RoCrqMQAvD_BwE

Softer and cheaper than the core Zero G line.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    At this point I’ve had a few more days on the 192 Cochise 106 and I’m pretty stoked on this ski.

I am not a fan of quiver overlap or having “too many” skis. I only want one ski in each waist width / category, and these will be my inbounds 10X ski for the foreseeable future.

These will be the ski I grab most days. I have skis for when it hasn’t snowed in weeks and I have skis for powder… but these will be that mixed condition daily driver for most days.

I like to ski fast. I like to ski the fall line. I spend most of my (non-powder) ski days searching out steep tech with edgeable snow. I love a good traverse or hike to get there… Some of my favorite places on Earth: Crystal Chair 6, Mammoth Chair 23, Headwall at OV, ABC at Alpine.

A quick review.

- Groomers - They rail turns on their 26m radius well. You can really push into them as much as you want and they hold. But… you can’t load them up and spring them out of turns like your favorite frontside ski… with this ski, groomers are for transportation or warming up the legs. If you want to lap groomers, you should be on something else. Pretty similar to the OG Cochise here…

Open bowl Crud / Windbuff - Two skis I’ve owned; the OG Cochise and LP105 are best in class here. These are 90% there. Like any good charger, you can arch, railing the turn radius, and haul ass down the mountain. It’s not the freight train, try and stop me feeling from the LP or OG… You can still charge crazy fast; call it “mach-looney”, but you might not be able to go “mach-stupid”. This is what these skis are designed to do, and they do it super well without being punishing. I kept thinking “wow, these are a well engineered tool”.

Bumps / Steep Trees / Tight Spaces - A huge improvement from the OG or LP here. Easy to whip the ski around, jump turn, make quick adjustments. No issues skiing the fall line in tight techy zones. The little that you lose in full throttle offgroom charging, you more than make up for here. They are closer to my older 187 Bonafides here than the OGs (which is a great thing).

Powder - The OGs are submarines and need vert and speed to ski pow. These are not submarines. You can noodle low angle pow. They don’t rise and plane like a modern pow ski but they float enough to get by. I owned the Corvus for a sec, it skis pow better than these. If there is more than 3-4 inches of fresh snow, I’ll grab my GPOs or Protests.

Speed limit - I stated that these are 90% of the charger as the LP and OG Cochise. That doesn’t mean they are not fast as hell. They probably have a higher speed limit than all but 3 or 4 skis on the market. I am 6’2” 205#. I never found the speed limit of the LP or OG. I haven’t yet found a speed limit on these. I think I maybe, might be able too… I will certainly try.

These sound more and more like a more maneuverable LPR. I let a pair go last year, maybe I shoulda kept em.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

I posted this over in the 22/23 thread. But anyone have any inside knowledge?

I don't remember where I heard this but I am under the impression that for the past few years Blizzard/Technica has produced their "top shelf / pro athlete / flagship" models in orange or black&orange colorway (Cochise, Bones, 0G105, R11, Firebird, FB130, M1-130, Cochise130, ZGTP, etc...)

.....The Hustle 10 is orange..... (not the Hustle 11).... Maybe the H10 is the flagship of the Hustle line, a touring ski designed for their Freeride athletes?

Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

I don't remember where I heard this but I am under the impression that for the past few years Blizzard/Technica has produced their "top shelf / pro athlete / flagship" models in orange or black&orange colorway (Cochise, Bones, 0G105, R11, Firebird, FB130, M1-130, Cochise130, ZGTP, etc...)

.....The Hustle 10 is orange..... (not the Hustle 11).... Maybe the H10 is the flagship of the Hustle line, a touring ski designed for their Freeride athletes?

Probably a question only us texans want to know, but does the mach1 130 HV ever get the TDrive or any other update like the rest of the Mach1 130 line?

I posted this over in the 22/23 thread. But anyone have any inside knowledge?

yes, that has been the case.

In this case I would be surprised if the case was not "pink - so hot right now".

I would rather have the pink accented graphic than the orange one, but then again I am no fan of R10s. Perhaps the new construction improves how that shape skis.

Did anyone ever publish a weight (grams) for the HustleR 11? Somebody upthread cited an IG handle, but I never found any definitive weight info there or elsewhere.

Just curious - love my Rustler 11s for inbounds, bet I would for out too. Was gonna CAST em.
    sproing!

A quick review.
    Great review! Sounds like you've found a winner for your style.
    Curious what other skis are claiming the other spots in your quiver.
    Also curious what other 10X skis (besides the Corvus) before you landed on before the Cochise took this spot in your quiver.

I had the 192 Blue Cochise (2017). I thought it was a bit too heavy and punishing whenever I wasn't 100% game on. I switched to the 189cm BMX105HP (2017) and was very happy with them. Then I was a total dummy and sold them to try out some M102's, which are great, but unfortunately do not have quite the same level of versatility for my wants.

What's Blizzard up to?

Quote Originally Posted by VON View Post
    Great review! Sounds like you've found a winner for your style.
    Curious what other skis are claiming the other spots in your quiver.
    Also curious what other 10X skis (besides the Corvus) before you landed on before the Cochise took this spot in your quiver.

I had the 192 Blue Cochise (2017). I thought it was a bit too heavy and punishing whenever I wasn't 100% game on. I switched to the 189cm BMX105HP (2017) and was very happy with them. Then I was a total dummy and sold them to try out some M102's, which are great, but unfortunately do not have quite the same level of versatility for my wants.
    Current Quiver - I am super happy with all of these. Many have been in my quiver for 5+ seasons. I don’t think I’ll be buying new skis for some time….

187 Bonafide (carbon tip era) - Hard snow
    192 Cochise 106 - DD / Mixed
    192 GPOs (stock) - Soft Snow
    196 Protest (stock) - Deep Snow
    190 Raven - Touring

Previous 10X skis in the quiver.
    - 193 Corvus - too light, too torsionally rigid, terrible on hard pack.
    - 192 LP105 - Amazing at what they do, but ultimately too heavy and damp for tight trees, thick wet snow, and casual skiing. If I wanted multiple 10X skis in the quiver, I would have kept these and added a more versatile ski like an MF108, E104, etc….
    - 193 OG Cochise - My favorite ski ever. I sold these 5 years ago when I moved to the PNW, thinking I could get away with just the Bones and GPOs…
    - 189 VCT (Gotama copy) - Old trusty do it all midfat. I skied these until they fell apart….

Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Hey nickwm21, I'm curious what you thought of the Corvus. I'm a fan. Was also a big fan of the OG Cochise, and liked but didn't love gen 2.

Edit: you answered in a post a few seconds before mine.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Hey nickwm21, I'm curious what you thought of the Corvus. I'm a fan. Was also a big fan of the OG Cochise, and liked but didn't love gen 2.

Edit: you answered in a post a few seconds before mine.
    Yeah.

Too add a quick comparo: Cochise 106 vs Corvus (rockered).

- Similar maneuverability in tight/tech, bumps, trees
    - Similar groomer performance
    - Corvus wins in pow
    - Cochise wins big on harder crud, windbuff, etc.
    - Slight nod to the Cochise in softer crud and chop
    - Cochise probably has a higher speed limit.

*The mount points are pretty different… I never moved the Corvus mount back but I think that would have improved it a touch…

Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Yeah.

Too add a quick comparo: Cochise 106 vs Corvus (rockered).

- Similar maneuverability in tight/tech, bumps, trees
    - Similar groomer performance
    - Corvus wins in pow
    - Cochise wins big on harder crud, windbuff, etc.
    - Slight nod to the Cochise in softer crud and chop
    - Cochise probably has a higher speed limit.

*The mount points are pretty different… I never moved the Corvus mount back but I think that would have improved it a touch…

Interesting. One reason I like the Corvus a lot is that I find them much more engaging on groomers and lower angle snow than the older Cochises. The Corvus tips engage at a lower edge angle and the tails have they just a bit of energy in them which makes a big difference when I'm skiing part of the day with my kid or somewhere with long runouts back to the lift. I think I prefer the Corvus in bumps for a similar reason. I can use the tails in a way that I never could with Cochises. If the 106's close that gap on mellower terrain and bumps, and also smooth out shitty snow nearly as well as the OG's then I want a pair.

Current Quiver - I am super happy with all of these. Many have been in my quiver for 5+ seasons. I don’t think I’ll be buying new skis for some time….

187 Bonafide (carbon tip era) - Hard snow
    192 Cochise 106 - DD / Mixed
    192 GPOs (stock) - Soft Snow
    196 Protest (stock) - Deep Snow
    190 Raven - Touring

Previous 10X skis in the quiver.
    - 193 Corvus - too light, too torsionally rigid, terrible on hard pack.
    - 192 LP105 - Amazing at what they do, but ultimately too heavy and damp for tight trees, thick wet snow, and casual skiing. If I wanted multiple 10X skis in the quiver, I would have kept these and added a more versatile ski like an MF108, E104, etc….
    - 193 OG Cochise - My favorite ski ever. I sold these 5 years ago when I moved to the PNW, thinking I could get away with just the Bones and GPOs…
    - 189 VCT (Gotama copy) - Old trusty do it all midfat. I skied these until they fell apart….

Interesting - the 2017 Bonafide 187 is one of my all time favorite skis.

On the new Cochise, do you find a big enough difference in off-trail performance versus those Bonafides? Would you say the Cochise is significantly looser? Is the tip/tail flex on the Cochise any softer than the 2017 Bonafide?

IMO, the Cochise106 is significantly looser skiing than the previous generation Bonafides. The Cochise106 is a charger and is really at home off piste. I couldn’t make friends with it on groomers so sold my 185’s. If I primarily skied off piste alpine zones, I would have been more keen to keep them. They aren’t as versatile as previous generation Bonafides, IMO.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...