Page 65 of 109 FirstFirst ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 2711

What's Blizzard up to?

looking to fill out the bottom and top of my quiver.

The 21" Brahma 82 is the same rocker profile and core as the 19' and 20' Brahma 88? Will it stay this way next year or get the 21' Brahma profile and Trueblend Core?

I just searched this entire thread and most of the internet looking for info on the current Spur.

Is the mount point on the 21’ Spur in line with the Rustler series or the Bonefide, Cochise etc...?
    Last edited by slowroastin; 04-23-2021 at 04:22 PM.

everything carries forward - no changes that I know of besides those mentioned further down, no new freeride skis - though a new piste range I know nothing about will be introduced

As for the Spur, you could try pm'ing the mags who have them / been on them earlier in this thread and ask them directly perhaps? Sorry, have no info or time on em

from Evo:

The big news from Blizzard for this year is an all new frontside collection called Thunderbird and Phoenix. With waist widths in the mid 70 millimeters, TruBlend piste wood cores, and Active armor, these hard snow skis live to carve, but don’t require the absolute precision and power of the Firebird series. The women's Phoenix series features Blizzard's Women's Specific Design methodology of women's specific mount points, molds and TruBlend cores.

In their all-mountain collection, the popular all-mountain Brahma 82 and Black Pearl 82 now feature the TruBlend woodcore for an even smoother, more balanced ride.
    • New Thunderbird & Phoenix Frontside Collection with TruBlend Cores
    • Updated Brahma 82 & Black Pearl 82 with TruBlend

What's Blizzard up to?

New backcountry 110+ ski coming ??

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
    Last edited by Gweilo; 04-24-2021 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gweilo View Post

New backcountry 110+ ski coming ??
    Jake Angeli is out on bail and working as a shop tech in Europe? Let me guess, he found the sweet spot by locating the prominent bumps on the topsheet?

Clearly not a new thought as many of us have expressed before:

rustler 11 with ZeroG constitution would likely need minimal adjustments to be perfected as a killer touring ski.

https://blisterreview.com/podcasts/r...forward-ep-144

Pretty bad feedback on the new “green” Spurs in blister last podcast, although no proper review yet. Was wondering wether someone has been skiing those this winter !?

Pretty bad feedback on the new “green” Spurs in blister last podcast, although no proper review yet. Was wondering wether someone has been skiing those this winter !?

I almost bought a pair on corbetts before hearing what Paul had to say about them. Looking at the shape and weight I was not expecting them to be stiff as described.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

They are in no way shape or form stiff. Pretty soft torsionally and longitudinally. Not quite as soft as asym tip ones but still rather soft

He’s had some interesting takes on other skis too which seem to contradict much of what’s been posted here.

Has anyone skied both the Bonafide 97s and the Ranger 107ti? Gathering info on beefy chargers with tighter radii, I usually prefer wider skis but the B97s look ridiculously good. 189 B97s seem like great 191 Monster 98 replacements. Barely any skis like this anymore.

Looking for a fast ski that can still rally through bigger bumps. That video of Klauss ripping the 189 B97 in trees, on some dust on crust, is kind of how I'm feeling I want my next ski to feel. Super inspiring Klauss!

Took my PRs into some shitfuck bumps on North Bowl at Squaw the other day, and let's just say I had to side skirt half the run.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    He’s had some interesting takes on other skis too which seem to contradict much of what’s been posted here.
    Paul Forward is better at putting into words what skis do then the vast majority of mags. I tend to agree with him. His review of the Chipotle Banana was spot on for what I was feeling, same with the OG Spur, and Bodacious.

What's Blizzard up to?

Reading his past review of the OG Spur I suspect Paul wanted to see a looser and lighter version of the ski with more rocker, which would be the asym one (ie some kind of rustler 12) that he never get to ski.

Hand flexing the green spur is way stiffer than a rustler, especially on the tail department. After all it is still a directional ski with a further back mount point. Two different Spurs = two different skis, that make sense, and I doubt Blizzard got it that wrong regarding one of their most iconic skis.

Still, they do seem lighter and softer than the previous ones so it would interesting to compare the two. Hopefully Blister will cover this in a proper review soon.

Anyway I will report back next year once I can get some time on them. Been looking at those the whole winter in my garage… With the resorts closed all season all I got to ski this year were the zero Gs and it was on the way up most of the time

Quote Originally Posted by AEV View Post
    Has anyone skied both the Bonafide 97s and the Ranger 107ti? Gathering info on beefy chargers with tighter radii, I usually prefer wider skis but the B97s look ridiculously good. 189 B97s seem like great 191 Monster 98 replacements. Barely any skis like this anymore.

Looking for a fast ski that can still rally through bigger bumps. That video of Klauss ripping the 189 B97 in trees, on some dust on crust, is kind of how I'm feeling I want my next ski to feel. Super inspiring Klauss!

Took my PRs into some shitfuck bumps on North Bowl at Squaw the other day, and let's just say I had to side skirt half the run.
    189 B97 does not feel like a ski with a tight radius to me. More like 35 m. From all skis which I skied in the recent 10 years it feels the most confident blasting in huge turns or straightlining on hardpack.

Damn it says 20m for the 189cm, and signficiantly shorter for the smaller sizes. I just read the Blister review and it says what you’re saying though.
    Last edited by AEV; 05-09-2021 at 05:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    After some horse trading, I've got a pair of these headed my way. Now the question is should I put 916s on them or 997s?
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    After some horse trading, I've got a pair of these headed my way. Now the question is should I put 916s on them or 997s?
    i want them too... what size did you go with? and how tall are you???

So sick! One of the best graphics I’ve ever seen.

Ninja 916s

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Ninja 916s
    Agree. Ninjas would look sweet on those.

Quote Originally Posted by nordekette View Post
    i want them too... what size did you go with? and how tall are you???
    I've asked for the 189. I'm 5'11/200. I've always skied the longest length available, with the exception of the 186 Bodacious. And the only reason I don't have a 196, is I can't justify having 186/193/196 Bodacious in my quiver. I picked up a pair of 185 Cochise this year for a skinny ski, and I wished I had gotten the 193. Hopefully these will fill that void.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Ninja 916s
    Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Agree. Ninjas would look sweet on those.
    That was my original thought, but then I started thinking about some yellow 997s, and they would look tits as well.
    -Death

Kaz is my co-pilot

I've asked for the 189. I'm 5'11/200. I've always skied the longest length available, with the exception of the 186 Bodacious. And the only reason I don't have a 196, is I can't justify having 186/193/196 Bodacious in my quiver. I picked up a pair of 185 Cochise this year for a skinny ski, and I wished I had gotten the 193. Hopefully these will fill that void.

That was my original thought, but then I started thinking about some yellow 997s, and they would look tits as well.
    How do you like the 186 Bodacious at your weight? That ski is perfect for me on paper, I just wish for a 188-190cm true length. The 186 measures 184 true and has that far back mount point, but the 196 is too much for daily.

Quote Originally Posted by AEV View Post
    How do you like the 186 Bodacious at your weight? That ski is perfect for me on paper, I just wish for a 188-190cm true length. The 186 measures 184 true and has that far back mount point, but the 196 is too much for daily.
    I could ski it every single day. And have. It can pivot through trees and bumps, but still charge and have enough float on a surprise pow day.
    It’s a little short, but the low rocker profile lets it ski longer than it is.
    I keep the Spur’d 193 as a pow ski. The tips are a little lighter and they perform a little nicer in soft snow, but with a different profile and sidecut, they don’t have the same feel of the OG version.

-Death

Kaz is my co-pilot

I could ski it every single day. And have. It can pivot through trees and bumps, but still charge and have enough float on a surprise pow day.
    It’s a little short, but the low rocker profile lets it ski longer than it is.
    I keep the Spur’d 193 as a pow ski. The tips are a little lighter and they perform a little nicer in soft snow, but with a different profile and sidecut, they don’t have the same feel of the OG version.

I have been very tempted to grab some 186s. How do you feel recommending that size to someone a bit taller and heavier? I guess, more specifically, how big of a person would you draw the line for the 186? I’m trying to gauge this since I can’t demo.

I don’t mind skis that length, in fact I’m looking at the 186 Black Ops 118s for this spot.. but when going short I like to go more center mounted to have some tail. I loved my 184 Katanas and 185 Cochise when I was 185ish lbs, but as I got over 200lbs, the 191 Katanas felt better. Sometimes I feel like there is nothing behind me on skis under 185 with far back mounts, and it seems to bother me a lot more than having no tip in front of me.

The short tail never bothered me because it's flat and stiff. And I tend to ski on the front of my boots so it's not much of an issue for me.

I wasn't sure I was going to like the 186, so I waited until I found a cheap used pair. If I didn't like them, I could sell for what I paid. I think I've bought three pairs of the OG(red/white) version now, and the most expensive pair cost $200 and came with Dynafits and skins.

I would recommend trying to find a cheap pair. They're a substantial ski that has never let me down. And being a little shorter, they're not a handful in the bumps or trees.
    -Death

Kaz is my co-pilot

And being a little shorter, they're not a handful in the bumps or trees.
    This sounds good. I will look for a cheap pair. Thanks for the info