Page 42 of 108 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 2680
    Quote Originally Posted by Island Bay View Post
    Have you put them up for sale?
    They were for sale here for a few weeks before I put them on eBay. They are long gone now

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Island Bay View Post
    Are they as heavy and damp as the Pro Riders? My interest is piqued!
    Yes, but looser and my in my opinion easier to ski, especially in tight terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Yes, but looser and my in my opinion easier to ski, especially in tight terrain.
    Thanks. Will see if I can find a pair to demo.

"They were for sale here for a few weeks before I put them on eBay. They are long gone now"

Cheers.

I am starting to trust my 180cm Bonafides on everything from steep ice to 3D. I have them in all conditions and they are good and predictable.

This weekend I had a few excellent powder runs in 12+ They wanted in the fall line and they wanted to ski it fast. I found myself wishing I were on my 112 or 116 underfoot options (non-Blizzards). The Bones handled everything else well that day.

If I had a pair of Cochise, would I have the same level, especially on the ice, of trust while getting a bit more float?

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Hood View Post
    I am starting to trust my 180cm Bonafides on everything from steep ice to 3D. I have them in all conditions and they are good and predictable.

This weekend I had a few excellent powder runs in 12+ They wanted in the fall line and they wanted to ski it fast. I found myself wishing I were on my 112 or 116 underfoot options (non-Blizzards). The Bones handled everything else well that day.

If I had a pair of Cochise, would I have the same level, especially on the ice, of trust while getting a bit more float?
    The current Cochise is a lot more ski than the current Bonafide.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    The current Cochise is a lot more ski than the current Bonafide.
    Yup. +1

Even the 178 Cochise is more than the 180 Bones. It's not even close, IMO.
    The 185 Cochise is vastly more.

I'm not knocking the Bones, but I'd far prefer the Cochise if I had to pick just one. Perhaps steep ice would be better on the Bones, but I wouldn't pick either for that task. [And frankly, I'd just prefer to avoid steep ice. Nearly managed to go to the ER, myself, in conditions like that - and someone else actually died that day - so yeah...]

Float's going to be better on the Cochise. Though it's not known as a "floaty" ski. I've skied the Cochise in heavier PNW pow at 40+ inches and felt it was fine. You never saw the ski, but it didn't dive.

IMO, it's pretty awesome as a full out crusher ski. Less twitchy [and the Bones isn't a twitchy ski to start with.] and more damp/stable.
    Way higher top end, speed wise.

I hear the new Bones are perhaps even more ski than the old one, but I'd like to ski it before I believe it. [And I haven't seen much beta on the new Cochise either.]

The Bones are more "playful." [Not playful, just _more_ playful than the Cochise.]

IMO, pretty hard to beat the Cochise and Bodacious. [My "ice" day ski is a Kastle MX98.]
    But I gravitate toward "that" kind of ski. If that's not your bag, you might not like the Cochise as much as I.
    Don't know where you are, but if you're at MH Meadows you'd be welcome to drive mine for a bit. Otherwise, demo them on demo day, if you've got one.

Any more folks get days on the new Cochise yet?

Thanks folks! I really appreciate the detailed comparison gregorys! I am also glad that you didn’t get hurt the other week; that was a sad day for our Mt. Hood community.

I will make it a point to try the Cochise and the Mx too.

I have two holes in my quiver. I need a 105-108sh and 90-95sh, and the Kastle and Blizzard options are on the short list.

Thanks folks! I really appreciate the detailed comparison gregorys! I am also glad that you didn’t get hurt the other week; that was a sad day for our Mt. Hood community.

I will make it a point to try the Cochise and the Mx too.

I have two holes in my quiver. I need a 105-108sh and 90-95sh, and the Kastle and Blizzard options are on the short list.
    Ah, so perhaps you ARE a MHM guy. I'm serious about driving my Cochise's [I've got 178's and 185's] for a bit - PM me, if you want.
    And demo day is the 15th at MHM. I'd pre-register, if I were you.
    [I've been kind of disappointed the last few years of demos. Not many skis I'd want to try that were actually there. e.g. Confession, Bodacious, etc. They might have been there, but you'd have to stand around half the day to get a pair...and I'm not that patient of a guy.]

I was a Meadows kid. I now live two hours front Govy, so you will find me most often Bowling followed by T Line. The extra hour of sleep is nice.

I was at Ski Bowl that day, but I had some friends at MHM

My kids have a ski camp the demo weekend. If I can’t find any in a demo fleet in any of the shops, I Just might take you up on your generosity and reach out.

I am thinking the Brahmas could be good for summer on Palmer. Have you skied them?

In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

I was a Meadows kid. I now live two hours front Govy, so you will find me most often Bowling followed by T Line. The extra hour of sleep is nice.

I was at Ski Bowl that day, but I had some friends at MHM

My kids have a ski camp the demo weekend. If I can’t find any in a demo fleet in any of the shops, I Just might take you up on your generosity and reach out.

I am thinking the Brahmas could be good for summer on Palmer. Have you skied them?
    Brahmas are awesome. Haven’t skied Palmer, but I could make it my every day inbounds ski if I had to. When Blister said it was the narrowest ski they would ski Corbets on, they meant it. It’s truly a rad ski that punches above its weight and width class.

Heard there won’t be blizzard race skis next year....

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    Yeah if you like the R11, R10 shouldn’t feel drastically different... especially the new one. The only real difference between the two is the top metal piece is ever so slightly longer on the 10 than on the 11. Rocker profile is basically the same on both. ...
    So this post made me buy a pair of R10s with ATK FR14s - the impulse buy of the season. I have one full day and two half days on them now - all in resorts for max vert. The one half day was spent A/Bing them against R11s.

Short version - read Blister's review of R11s. I re-read it after said three days and agree 100% with their take on said skis. In fact, the review made me appreciate just how good their reviews can be.

Longer version:
    R10s and R11s are more different than alike imho. They both share accessible tips that are easy to manipulate and both skis are easy to ski. Their shapes are similar, as is their construction. Both my R10s and R11s are 180s, I am an intermediate+ skier - 175cm tall/68kg w/o gear. R10s are 2020, R11s are 2018s.

They ski quite differently though.

R11s are stable/predictable, pack a decent punch+ for their weight and can do everything from long GS turns on firm snow at mach looney speeds to shred variable pretty well (their lack of weight/mass is noticeable, if no game stopper). They also do well in powder, and are fairly fun on groomers for their width. Their main strength is how predictable they are and how easy they are to manipulate, while maintaining a high speed limit. R11s would be my one ski quiver ski - I simply love these.

R10s are also predictable and fun. They are super intuitive on groomers and do soft snow really well for their width. They are honestly the funnest 100mm-ish ski I've been on. They are a lot - meaning a lot - more turny than R11s. Due to their accessible tips they are still easy to control, especially in soft snow. Where R11s tails are super easy to relase and can easily do slarves/skids to control speed on hard snow and stay on edge, R10s whip around / want to turn a lot more (caveat - I have not detuned them at all). Like most 100mm skis they carve with aplomb and are super intuitive and very lively on groomers. They are not great at dense variable, especially at higher speeds - where rider errors are made worse, not muted like with R11s.

I am a bit uncertain how much of the aforementioned negatives for the R10s would lessen with a heavier binding with toe elasticity. I think it would partially negate some of it and make them ski better (duh). The added weight of the 2020 R10s probably makes them a better ski comapred to the original version.

Would I buy R10s again? Yes. They will be perfect for the use I plan for them - touring. I will also try them back to back with Fischer Ranger 102 FRs in 177, where I kinda expect that the Fischers will be more what I am looking for for a low tide, playful ski made to rip in the resort.

Do R10s ski like R11s. No. But both are really nice skis in their own right. I would be very happy with a two ski quiver consisting of R10s an R11s, both mounted with Shifts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    That is a great PSA and hope someone jumps all over this deal... I would but my reissue 196 black angels of death are going strong... What floored me was the fact that the owner put Marker Kingpins on them... I absolutely love my Bodes but no way in hell can I understand how someone toured on these...!

Just got a pair of Black Pearls for my wife Package deal with Look NX10s. $419 from Evo. I think these will be a good set up for her.

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    They're still 2.5 sheets of metal and the core, especially under foot, is made up of more dense
    material. On harder snow they feel more stable in the middle of the turn than the present ones I
    think especially if you're really tipping them up and trying to push the radius of the skis.

One of biggest differences I've felt on groomers or harder snow when you ski the new ski back to back
    with the present model is the new skis feel like they engage much further up tip where as the present model
    feels like it engages much further down the forebody of the ski. That's a combo of more sidecut, less rocker, and
    flex profile of the tip.

When you're arcing on groomers it just feels like there's more ski on the snow. However it is slightly easier
    to break them loose or change the radius now. Less of that feeling of "stuck" in the turn.

Hope that helps
    Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    Absolutely. You probably made me go Nordica - - > Blizzard with that description
    A follow-up on my question. Brahma 82?
    - how does the 19/20 B82 flex, feel and ski compared to the 19/20 B88?
    - how does the 19/20 B82 flex, feel and ski compared to the 20/21 B88? (probably pretty self explanatory given your previous comments)
    - will the new construction hit the B82 in 21/22?

I had a few pairs of Cochise over the year...This past season bought a R11. I think I like the R11 more than the Cochise (and I loved those). I think the R11 is as predictable (not as stable at speeds sometimes), and easier to manipulate (not that the Cochise is a hard ski to ski)

Hey,

Liking Blizzard these days. I’ve got some 2019 green Rustler 11s with Shifts that I really like. Quality build and a do everything ski at +1. Thinking of adding some 2020 Rustler 10s now too (I bought some 100mm Shifts in the COVID sales for $340US and need a ski for em).

Re for deeper days inbounds, anyone got any thoughts/intel on the new green/blue 2021 Blizzard Spur? (Specs of 147-127-136? I think).

What’s the mount point?...f'ing far back @ -11 like a Cochise, or a bit more progressive like a Rustler @-7.7? Any idea of the mm of camber? And a pic of the rocker profile would be useful.

Liking the graphic. Would be perfect with some 130mm Orange Pivots that I have in the garage. It's so wrong that l like it.

Thx

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_4513.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	330234

No racing skis to the us this year?

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    No racing skis to the us this year?
    Well they're in the 20-21 catalogue: https://www.thepisteoffice.com/image...TALOGUE_EN.pdf

RIP Bodacious

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    RIP Bodacious
    Damn.

Bodacious still exists. It’s the same ski as it has been the last four years. Literally no one buys any and there’s probably enough for a few more years.

No Race stock skis in the US next year. WRC, SRC, HRC, etc all available.

New Spur mount point is closer to a Cochise than Rustler.
    Last edited by wasatchback; 05-31-2020 at 07:10 PM.

Glad to hear they're not totally gone. I might need to start hoarding