Page 73 of 108 FirstFirst ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 2680
    Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    I believe they have a different core and less metal. Could be wrong though.
    Blister says they're the same. You can see from photos that the metal sheet is the same shape.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Anyone use the R11 as a touring ski or is it too heavy? That deal on the Sheeva is pretty enticing to fill the touring slot in my quiver.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Anyone use the R11 as a touring ski or is it too heavy? That deal on the Sheeva is pretty enticing to fill the touring slot in my quiver.
    People definitely at least use it as a 50/50 ski, and I believe that era of the Rustler/Sheeva weighed about 100g less than the current version. So the weights should match the Blister weight of around 2050g per ski for the 188. It seems the newer, heavier version has a different topsheet material that’s potentially a bit heavier plus likely beefed up a little at the ends of the metal insert where the older version had a propensity to snap.

Exactly the same as per Blizzard website. At that price, I may have to buy a second pair for stockpile.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Looking to get rid of my R9’s 188. Spent half a day on them last spring and don’t see myself grabbing them over my Brahma’s this season.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by slowroastin View Post
    Looking to get rid of my R9’s 188. Spent half a day on them last spring and don’t see myself grabbing them over my Brahma’s this season.

If I needed a backup pair I’d grab these. I love my R9s. Like 90% of the carving stability of the Brahma for me, yet way more playful to good around in. Blister said the narrowest ski they would drop Corbets on is the Brahma, I’d disagree because I’ve done Corbets on my Brahmas and R9s, the R9s were WAY less sketchy and more fun.

Funny how different people feel about skis. I sold my Brahmas because I was always grabbing my R9s.

Yah!!

But damn we need some snow here in California. Ugh

Pm sent.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    I had a pair with Shifts on them (2800g/ski). Until I lost all faith in Shifts and sold them that is. Then I broke the tip off the ski. Oops.

But they are great to tour with! I'm thinking about putting a Cast set-up on my new pair.

sproing!

I do a lot of sidecountry touring on my R11s. They're great for that kind of mission.

Opening day at the Ghee this year was an 8 inch pow day. I looked at a garage full of skis and pulled out my R11s.

There were lots of unknowns- how was the snowpack? What was under the 8 inches? How would skiing pow on my first run of the season feel?

Coming from the top and dropping into Headwall, I made a single cautious right turn, digging my skis in deep to feel for a bottom.... but, nothing. Just floatation.

I turned back left, gained speed and then the all familiar feeling of the Rustlers took over. Easy pow turns, predictable pivoting in 3D snow, GS turns on groomers. Everything clicked from the first turn, and I never hit bottom.

God I love these skis.

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    I had a pair with Shifts on them (2800g/ski). Until I lost all faith in Shifts and sold them that is. Then I broke the tip off the ski. Oops.

But they are great to tour with! I'm thinking about putting a Cast set-up on my new pair.

Highly recommend Cast on the R11. Absolute weapon for riding resort then dipping out for a tour.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Anyone actually ski the Sheeva 11 yet?

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    If I needed a backup pair I’d grab these. I love my R9s. Like 90% of the carving stability of the Brahma for me, yet way more playful to good around in. Blister said the narrowest ski they would drop Corbets on is the Brahma, I’d disagree because I’ve done Corbets on my Brahmas and R9s, the R9s were WAY less sketchy and more fun.

Funny how different people feel about skis. I sold my Brahmas because I was always grabbing my R9s.

Admittedly, I haven’t given the R9 a fair shot but I just like the Brahma so much. At a bigger resort I could see the R9 being more versatile in comparison though. Maybe a detune would change my feelings but I should stop before I end up keeping them..

Admittedly, I haven’t given the R9 a fair shot but I just like the Brahma so much. At a bigger resort I could see the R9 being more versatile in comparison though. Maybe a detune would change my feelings but I should stop before I end up keeping them..

I did take a metal file to the rocker part of the tip and tail of my R9, almost gave WSTDeep a heart attack well doing it.

I would of kept the Brahmas if I didn’t have the MX98s. Too much over lap IMO, and the R9 gives me an option I didn’t have, a playful narrower ski.

For all transparency, my R9s did crack the core longitudinally on both skis the heel binding screws, so 4 cracks, two screw holes in each cracks that were about 4-8 inches long. Blizzard was awesome and replaced them no questions asked. Maybe the Brahma is the correct ski, or maybe I should try to carve the R9 so hard…

I did take a metal file to the rocker part of the tip and tail of my R9, almost gave WSTDeep a heart attack well doing it.

I would of kept the Brahmas if I didn’t have the MX98s. Too much over lap IMO, and the R9 gives me an option I didn’t have, a playful narrower ski.

For all transparency, my R9s did crack the core longitudinally on both skis the heel binding screws, so 4 cracks, two screw holes in each cracks that were about 4-8 inches long. Blizzard was awesome and replaced them no questions asked. Maybe the Brahma is the correct ski, or maybe I should try to carve the R9 so hard…

How did you identify cracked core?

Pricing/binding info/location?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishskisurf View Post
    Pricing/binding info/location?
    They are in gear swap. Pm sent

I just posted a feeler about selling a pair of 192 Rustler 11s and Kingpins in GS. But I thought I’d also drop it in here as well.

It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Thanks for the heads up on the sheevas. Got the 188s for pow touring. Seem substantial and the bonus of top sheet sparkles.
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Blister says they're the same. You can see from photos that the metal sheet is the same shape.
    Just since this speculation was never answered, wasatchback writes like he works for Blizzard (don't know if he does) and here are a couple of his responses related to Sheeva vs Rustler in this thread - https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ski-for-the-GF.

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    Sheeva 11 172 is almost exactly the same as the Rustler 11 172. They come out of the same mold. Sheeva 11 has one stringer of wood that’s different than the Rustler, that’s it.
    Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    Rustlers are very different by size. They have different waste widths and constructions on each size to try to scale them better for different sized skiers. The 180 R11 is narrower and softer than your 188. The 172 is the same width as the 180 but is softer again. The Sheeva 11 in 172 is slightly softer than the 172 R11 due to the center stringer of wood being different but that’s really the only difference between it and R11. As you go down in size the DRT metal piece also gets smaller. I think we did a pretty good job scaling them by size.

Ladies tend to love them. The reaction I’ve gotten at demos is always been pretty positive. Just like R11 they all say they’re amazed how fun they are on groomers for how well they float.
    I picked up a pair of the 180 Sheevas from STP, should be coming next week and I'm pretty excited. Sick ski for a crazy deal and I think the topsheet actually looks pretty cool online.
    Last edited by DigSki; 12-04-2021 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Westcoaster View Post
    How did you identify cracked core?
    4-6 inch longitudinal high spots in the P-Tex after the tails didn’t feel correct when trying to carve hard. They felt not quite right, so I checked them and the bases were not flat, the core was sticking up and the bases were wavy.

4-6 inch longitudinal high spots in the P-Tex after the tails didn’t feel correct when trying to carve hard. They felt not quite right, so I checked them and the bases were not flat, the core was sticking up and the bases were wavy.

Got it. Sounds like shear failure somewhere to me. I wonder if the construction has been beefed up since the first years of the r9 and r11...

Quote Originally Posted by Westcoaster View Post
    Got it. Sounds like shear failure somewhere to me. I wonder if the construction has been beefed up since the first years of the r9 and r11...
    Not sure? They were on their second set of heel mounts, both were in line with each other, first Mount was G3 Ion 12. I’m not a small guy, and I was skiing them hard and carving them like a GS ski.

We mounted the new pair up. Only one set of holes this time, so I’ll see what happens. I won’t get to ski as much as I used to, but I’ll beat on them and see if they hold up.

Not sure? They were on their second set of heel mounts, both were in line with each other, first Mount was G3 Ion 12. I’m not a small guy, and I was skiing them hard and carving them like a GS ski.

We mounted the new pair up. Only one set of holes this time, so I’ll see what happens. I won’t get to ski as much as I used to, but I’ll beat on them and see if they hold up.

Two heel mounts in line might make some sense. Skis do break, sometimes, and the fewer holes the better.

Glad that blizzard treated you right. Just bought a pair of r9, excited to get em out.

What's Blizzard up to?

I skied my first day on the 192 Cochise 106 and I’m happy about it. I think these things are going to treat me well.

5” of new snow at bachelor - limited lift ops, no steeps, pow groomers… not enough skiing to give a full review but it seems like they took a lot from the OG 193 (which I was a huge fan of) and put it in a slightly more casual package.

I sold my LP105s and Corvus - I was looking for a single ski to take the 108 DD spot in my quiver - deciding between this ski and the katana…. I think I chose right.

The ski deserves more love than it’s getting on TGR… I’m sure it’s just getting out-marketed by the MF108 & K108 lovefest…

The R11/R9 fanboys looking for an R10 with some balls, this ski might be it…

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Any on-snow updates from the recent Sheeva buyers?