Page 80 of 109 FirstFirst ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 2711
    Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    I keep using my R9s more and more. My only real complaint about the rustlers is I wish they had something in between 180 and 188. I keep waiting for the Eluder pro model. Mounting my 180s at -1 has helped though.
    Same. I'm OK with the R9 mounted at rec, ski my muliple pairs of 188 R11's at plus 1, but wish there was a 184 R11 (not to mention a 108mm R10.5).

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Same. I'm OK with the R9 mounted at rec, ski my muliple pairs of 188 R11's at plus 1, but wish there was a 184 R11 (not to mention a 108mm R10.5).

i think that illusive R10.5 is the Atris.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    That is what I have, wish it had a bit of Titanal in the build.

What's Blizzard up to?

A 192 R10.5, possibly a full sheet of metal in it over the cutdown piece the R10 currently has, yummy.

A Blizzard version of the 194 Candide 3.0.

Just saw next years R9 is green. I will be getting a back up pair or two, or maybe selling my current red pair and getting 2 green pairs.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

What's Blizzard up to?

I know it’s not a Blizzard, but I wonder if the Unleashed 108 comes close to the elusive R10.5?
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    A 192 R10.5, possibly a full sheet of metal in it over the cutdown piece the R10 currently has, yummy.

A Blizzard version of the 194 Candide 3.0.

Just saw next years R9 is green. I will be getting a back up pair or two, or maybe selling my current red pair and getting 2 green pairs.

Red on one foot, green on the other. Christmas.

Great ski but no.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    I know it’s not a Blizzard, but I wonder if the Unleashed 108 comes close to the elusive R10.5?
    It’s pretty high on my list of new skis to check out.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Those are the old Gunsmoke line. Been dead for awhile because despite being genuinely loved by most folks who got on them, few people got on them. Blame the graphics and the market generally going away from large twin tip skis.

If you find a good pair of 193s skibird will likely circumnavigate the world blindfolded to buy them from you. I’d likely buy some good condition 186 or 193s. Preferably the white topsheet or the only non bull topsheet.
    I came across a cheap, used pair in 193 the other day. Let me know if anyone (skibird?) needs a hookup. Too long for me unfortunately. I loved my 186 though!

man, 2023 Blizzards actually look pretty good. Like, improving over a color wasn't seemingly impossible, but mission accomplished. Looking good.

Anyone skied the current gen Bonafide and can please provide sizing advice? 6'2/210, technically proficient, aggressive skier at WB. Like a precise, stable, traditionally mounted ski with some camber and if I can get this in a slightly shorter package that is ideal. Current DD is 22 188 CMD 108, and deep snow ski is the 20 188 CMD 118 (love them both dearly in their roles). Bones will only ski firm snow, and will see groomers, bowls, steeps, couloirs, etc (ie. everything WB has to offer save trees). Want the 183 to be the ski to keep swing weight to a minimum, but if top end is in doubt will bump up to 189. Thank you in advance for any advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan View Post
    Anyone skied the current gen Bonafide and can please provide sizing advice? 6'2/210, technically proficient, aggressive skier at WB. Like a precise, stable, traditionally mounted ski with some camber and if I can get this in a slightly shorter package that is ideal. Current DD is 22 188 CMD 108, and deep snow ski is the 20 188 CMD 118 (love them both dearly in their roles). Bones will only ski firm snow, and will see groomers, bowls, steeps, couloirs, etc (ie. everything WB has to offer save trees). Want the 183 to be the ski to keep swing weight to a minimum, but if top end is in doubt will bump up to 189. Thank you in advance for any advice.
    189cm

Do you have pics of those gunsmokes?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Looks much more like a M-free 108 than a Rustler. If it’s with metal, could be a interesting alternative to MF108. Some Nordica guys here are skiing those.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan View Post

I wouldn’t buy the 189 even at your size. I ski a 183-190 typically on any ski, skied the 183 bonafide and I felt like those were too long for me even. They just always want to stay engaged and they demand the pilot to always be on it. I would of sized down if I bought them, or chanced it and bought the 183 and then have to figure out how to knock the bevels down to change the ski.

I would buy the 183 at your size. There are a bunch of other guys that discussed these earlier in this thread. GregL was one of them. Hit him up for some beta.

There is a reason they are being changed for next year, I’d almost wait it out for the release of next years

Sylvan, guess a blanket statement to get the longest isn’t helpful.

I’m your size, well I have an inch and 15lbs on you, and I’d personally get the 189. But, I ski out west and have the room to let them run. If I lived on the East Coast, I’d look at the 180s.

I also have liked traditionally mounted skis, with camber underfoot. WSTDeep has gotten me to be a technically proficient, very aggressive skier. I had the Bonafides and could (even would) ski them up to 12in of pow. They did the job. Over time I realized they weren’t quite right and switched to the 194 Kaestle MX 98 (red tip version), and that is by far my favorite ski ever. But, due to a bit of luck and finding a pair as a steal of a deal, I tried the Rustler 9, which by every description from Blizzard and Blister I should not like, and absolutely love it. I love it so much that when I left Wyoming in November and headed to Cali for work for a few months, I didn’t bring my MX98s, I brought the R9s.

If you read back a few pages GregL and I have been singing praise for the R9s for a reason. It carves on groomers 95% as well as the Bonafide, the rocker in the tail of the R9 doesn’t have quite the same edge hold as the Bones. But, you get a ski that is half the work making it a lot easier to ski off groomers. In bowls, steeps, couloirs, etc, the R9 will be easier, more fun (imo) and you will be less fatigued skiing it then the Bones.

I’m looking at heading to WB, of course with a stop to see GregL in WA on the way, and my R9s are coming with me. I probably will still bring the MX98s because WB is one of the few resorts that is big enough to let them run, but most days I’ll probably be looking at grabbing the R9s.

If you are sold on the Bones. You will have a great ski, it’s Blizzards best selling ski for a reason. But it might be worth your time to give the R9s a try.

Another vote for R9s. So versatile and fun, but pretty powerful when needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn’t buy the 189 even at your size. I ski a 183-190 typically on any ski, skied the 183 bonafide and I felt like those were too long for me even. They just always want to stay engaged and they demand the pilot to always be on it. I would of sized down if I bought them, or chanced it and bought the 183 and then have to figure out how to knock the bevels down to change the ski.

I would buy the 183 at your size. There are a bunch of other guys that discussed these earlier in this thread. GregL was one of them. Hit him up for some beta.
    Yeah, I normally ski a 188 Rustler 11 if it snows, and the 183 Bonafide was more ski than I cared for at normal speeds. I have the 177 and they feel right. 5'8" and 175 lbs.

If you like the Commander 108s, the 188 Commander 98 is good middle ground between the 183 and 189 Bonafide 97s

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Gents, Thanks for all the great advice. While I've found a pretty good deal on the 183 and 189, sounds like maybe I need to demo some skis.

Skibrd, Your advice (189) makes sense to me as I don't mind having to be 'on', and as you mentioned there is a lot of room to let em run here, and the bigger reviewers at Ski Essentials seem to agree, but then Blister says if one is in between, to size down, and there is tons of experience in this thread (SoVT Joey and GregL included (thanks)), that indicate the 183 should be more than enough. Then there's a review of the CMD 98 on the Moment site that says the 189 (Bones) were too much for one guy, but he folded the 183, and that the 188 CMD 98 was his goldilocks. Gah.

Re R9, TBH I've pretty much dismissed that ski until now, but the fact that there are bigger, strong skiers in this thread that really like it make me think I should get over myself and try it. I hated the 188 R10, did two runs on it and sold it due to it folding up (not alone on this opinion though); I did really like the 192 R11 as a DD but found in firmer conditions it was dictating the speeds I skied it, which is not a trait I love, even in a wider ski; great ski though. Sounds as though the three skis in the Rustler line clearly don't share all the same traits so prolly need to give the R9 a go.

And Bry, researching the 188 CMD 98 is actually where this journey began. I love the shape of the 108 so thought the narrower version (seems to be pretty much identical save 1cm narrower tip to tail) would make a lot of sense, but was concerned about the accompanying lower weight. Maybe I shouldn't be. This is my first season on anything Moment and I've been super impressed with the CMD line in general for my preferences.

Once I make some decisions and get on something I'll definitely pay it forward. Thanks again. Love this place.

First day on R9's I was not a fan, they kept wanting to pull into a tighter radius turn. Detuning the rockered sections helped some. but not alot. I reset the base bevels to 1 on the rockered sections, and boom, problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    First day on R9's I was not a fan, they kept wanting to pull into a tighter radius turn. Detuning the rockered sections helped some. but not alot. I reset the base bevels to 1 on the rockered sections, and boom, problem solved.
    What's the stock base bevel?

Quote Originally Posted by Westcoaster View Post
    What's the stock base bevel?
    Base bevel is 1 degree, but their side edge default is pretty aggressive. They quote a "range" but it averages out at 1 and 2.8. I detuned slightly to 1 and 2, rounded out the tip and tail edges just slightly past the contact points and they are great. I detune the R11 to 1 and 1.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Base bevel is 1 degree, but their side edge default is pretty aggressive. They quote a "range" but it averages out at 1 and 2.8. I detuned slightly to 1 and 2, rounded out the tip and tail edges just slightly past the contact points and they are great. I detune the R11 to 1 and 1.
    Sweet.

I noticed the same thing with the Cochise, the side bevel is damn near 3.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Already sold, 3 hours later