Page 72 of 109 FirstFirst ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 2711
    Quote Originally Posted by g_man80 View Post
    Good suggestion. No reason I couldn't ski them a few times before making a decision. 6 foot, 174 lbs and intended use is everyday all-conditions ski around the Wasatch. Powder, hardpack, chop, groomers, side stepping, traversing, etc.
    I went a little bit forward on the 192 at 6foot1 and 185, and a mix of freestyle/freeride for my preference. That being said, I'd argue the rustler already has a more progressive mount, it also has a fairly large amount of fudge room for the sweet spot. I would leave it, mount the heel in such a way that you can re-drill the toe and be fine. If you hate it, then remount. I doubt you will though.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

I was poking around for some info on another ski site and there was a poster claiming that the 2021 Rustler 11 got “beefier and heavier” due to change in the factory they were being built in. I would love a slightly heavier and stiffer R11, but felt like he was talking nonsense. Any truth to this or fake news?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    I was poking around for some info on another ski site and there was a poster claiming that the 2021 Rustler 11 got “beefier and heavier” due to change in the factory they were being built in. I would love a slightly heavier and stiffer R11, but felt like he was talking nonsense. Any truth to this or fake news?
    Bandit Man, I think you are asking about numbers. Wow !

We measured them. The results are different depending if you are looking at the 180 or 188 cm.

In 180 cm, you can compare them here (18/19, 20/21 and 21/22):
    https://compareskis.shinyapps.io/com...=%22Compare%22
    Bottom line, similar weight for all these years (within 50 g). The stiffnesses of both the 20/21 and 21/22 are real close. They are both stiffer (10-15%) in bending and torsion than 18/19.

In 188 cm, you can compare them here (17/18, 18/19, 19/20 and 20/21... I am pretty sure we should measure the 21/22 soon):
    The 20/21 is the same weight as the 18/19 and 100g heavier than the 17/18 (missing weight for the 19/20). The 20/21 is about 15% softer in bending than all the skis that we measured, but one of the stiffest in torsion.

I will address your other questions about my skiing resume, forum background and business model soon in the other thread. For now, I hope you find the info useful!

Nice comeback, proper TGR-style

What's Blizzard up to?

Quote Originally Posted by alude View Post
    Bandit Man, I think you are asking about numbers. Wow !

We measured them. The results are different depending if you are looking at the 180 or 188 cm.

In 180 cm, you can compare them here (18/19, 20/21 and 21/22):
    Bottom line, similar weight for all these years (within 50 g). The stiffnesses of both the 20/21 and 21/22 are real close. They are both stiffer (10-15%) in bending and torsion than 18/19.

In 188 cm, you can compare them here (17/18, 18/19, 19/20 and 20/21... I am pretty sure we should measure the 21/22 soon):
    The 20/21 is the same weight as the 18/19 and 100g heavier than the 17/18 (missing weight for the 19/20). The 20/21 is about 15% softer in bending than all the skis that we measured, but one of the stiffest in torsion.

I will address your other questions about my skiing resume, forum background and business model soon in the other thread. For now, I hope you find the info useful!
    Touché

You have 57 posts since August 2020 all promoting your business venture disguised as a “ski selector tool”.

Can you tell me how the newest Rustler 11 skis?

Have you ever skied any vintage of Rustler 11?

Sure, your first hand experience might be subjective, but I’d value it more than the enginerd’s summer camp project.

p.s. I added you to my Ignore List, so this is the end of our little cyber spat. Buh Bye!
    Last edited by Bandit Man; 10-31-2021 at 11:49 PM.

I might have been the one noticing the weight gains on the whole Rustler line since it’s introduction. I always browse through the Evo ski weight lists out of curiosity every year and remember a few years back when Blizzard increased the core thickness in the Rustler 10 which is verified in Evo weights as well as Blisters review of the 2020 ski. Stiffness wasn’t effected much according to reviews, just the weight.

The 188cm rustler 10 went from 2040gr in 2018 when introduced to the 2140gr range when “changed “ in 2020 and now it’s 2240gr in 21 and 22.

Know the first change was due to the thicker core but no idea why it added even more weight the last 2 years unless something was tweaked again or possibly where they were made.

Also noticed the Rustler 9 and 11 weights have also changed in the last 2 years with both of them gaining around 100-150gr in the 180cm plus sizes. Both Evo and Blizzard sites showing heavier weights listed on them now.

Some Rustlers used to be made in the Ukraine Fisher plant but not sure if that’s still the case. They had a fire last year and Fisher moved some production to their Austrian plant.

So something must have changed over the last few years but strictly guessing at probable reasons. Would love to the actual reasons myself!

Bandit Man: heard Rustlers have gotten heavier and stiffer, that true?

alude: we’ve measured stiffness and weights, here’s how they’ve been changing.

Bandit Man: fuck you for presuming I wanted know anything about stiffness and weight.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Bandit Man: heard Rustlers have gotten heavier and stiffer, that true?

alude: we’ve measured stiffness and weights, here’s how they’ve been changing.

Bandit Man: fuck you for presuming I wanted know anything about stiffness and weight.
    Please go slink back to the Sooth Ski thread.

How much in either case is anecdotal though? There's always gonna be variation between pairs of skis, so are we chalking up the difference as applying to ALL the skis just because of one pair, or is there actually a difference if we had a mean of say, 20 different pairs?

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    I have the first year rustlers and the 2021s. I noticed a small but significant difference between them as the newer pair is 100g heavier and in general just a bit sturdier. All 192cm btw.

I think they had to use a bit less balsa than the first year to stop the cores from exploding lol.
    Also ski companies in general seem to release the first years with a bit lighter and wimpier cores.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    I have the first year rustlers and the 2021s. I noticed a small but significant difference between them as the newer pair is 100g heavier and in general just a bit sturdier. All 192cm btw.

I think they had to use a bit less balsa than the first year to stop the cores from exploding lol.
    Also ski companies in general seem to release the first years with a bit lighter and wimpier cores.
    Thanks for the response and insights on your experience.

I’ve owned the first year (green ones) and first year they changed the topsheet material and color (orange). I think those are the 2020 model? Both pairs were 188’s. I didn’t notice any appreciable difference between the two.

My buddy bought a pair of 2021’s he has yet to ski, so was curious about the reported changes.

Thanks for the response and insights on your experience.

I’ve owned the first year (green ones) and first year they changed the topsheet material and color (orange). I think those are the 2020 model? Both pairs were 188’s. I didn’t notice any appreciable difference between the two.

My buddy bought a pair of 2021’s he has yet to ski, so was curious about the reported changes.
    didn’t blizzard start scaling skis two years ago? Which would kind of make sense. They started adding mm to certain longer lengths correct, like the 188 and the 192, which may make up for the change. Maybe they added a little core to each of those, which would not be totally unreasonable.

Oh and hey alude, go fuck yourself you fucking chode.

Remember weighing a bunch of pairs of Rustler 9s when they fist came out in 180cm for my personal pair and they were all in the 1850-1900gr range and others seemed to get similar weights. Last 2 years they are in the 2050gr range and that’s what caught my eye as I remembered my old pair’s weight.

They did start SLIGHTLY scaling the Rustler 11 starting in 2021, but the 188cm is still the exact same dimensions and shorter sizes get SLIGHTLY narrower on the tip and tails and the 192cm is only 1 mm wider in the tip. The current 180cm version of the Rustler 11 is now a hair narrower now but still gained 150gr since last year and it’s a touch stiffer.

They still list the same core construction in the Rustler 11 but maybe it’s thicker or less of the lighter Balsa or Paulownia wood in it now?

On my old Rustler 9 pair, it said “Designed in Austria(Blizzard/Tecnica plant), Made in UA(Ukraine Fisher Plant)”
    Curious what the current Rustler skis say on them?

Not my sale but came across these 193 og Cochise today. Pretty good price at $150 w demo clamps

https://denver.craigslist.org/spo/d/...?lang=fr&cc=fr

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Minty first year OG Cochise!?! What a find!

Rustler vs. Sheeva question....everything I can find says the construction and dimensions are the same. Found some 188 Sheeva 11s (NOS) for cheap (Sierra Trading Post) and bought them but now wondering if the recommended boot center line is the same as the men's version. These are 2018/2019 skis. Anybody have a similar vintage Rustler 11 in 188 that can do a straight pull tape from the tip and tell me how far back the rec line is? BTW, the topsheet on the Sheeva 11 says it's 112 underfoot but my micrometer sez 113.9.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Rustler vs. Sheeva question....everything I can find says the construction and dimensions are the same. Found some 188 Sheeva 11s (NOS) for cheap (Sierra Trading Post) and bought them but now wondering if the recommended boot center line is the same as the men's version. These are 2018/2019 skis. Anybody have a similar vintage Rustler 11 in 188 that can do a straight pull tape from the tip and tell me how far back the rec line is? BTW, the topsheet on the Sheeva 11 says it's 112 underfoot but my micrometer sez 113.9.
    I don’t have mine handy right now, but Blister says the recommended mount point on their 188 Rustler 11’s was 85.4 cm from the tail. My 188’s are marked as 114 waist; weird that a 188 Sheeva would say 112

My 188’s are 85.7-mm from the tail…straight tape pull.

Thanks all. Will measure in the morning and report back if they are the same.

Sheeva's are 85.5 from the tail (straight tape pull) so same as the Rustlers.

Thanks again!

You are going to have to show us the stickers up version.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

2018 Sheeva 11’s are down to $299 today at Sierra.com. They have both 180’s and 188’s in stock. Pretty cheap alt-topsheet Rustler 11.

Fuck me...I paid $88 more. Still a killer deal with free shipping and no sales tax in Cow Hampshire.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

Fuck me...I paid $88 more. Still a killer deal with free shipping and no sales tax in Cow Hampshire.

Happy Thanksgiving all!
    You could call them and ask if they offer price protection on big ticket items if price drops within a few days of purchase. Has worked for me at some stores (never tried w Sierra).

2018 Sheeva 11’s are down to $299 today at Sierra.com. They have both 180’s and 188’s in stock. Pretty cheap alt-topsheet Rustler 11.
    I believe they have a different core and less metal. Could be wrong though.