Page 85 of 108 FirstFirst ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 2680
    Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Somewhere back a few pages I just did that.

Brahma = BMW M3/5 - low snow, no new snow, want to lay railroad tracks on groomers/hard bumps

Bonafide = TRD Off-road Tacoma - low snow up to 6-8 in of fresh powder, can lay railroad tracks, excels off piste in low snow

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Thanks, I clearly suck at searching. Reading a few pages back got R9 into the mix though.

Quote Originally Posted by spudbumkin View Post
    I actually skied my 82's (180) today. First time on them since early Dec before it started to snow. It's what I ski early season when it's a groomer or 2 on man-made only. It was fun today too. Obviously good on icy groomers but also capable in the chalky bumps. I'll likely ski it a lot until in snows again.

Those hustle reviews are interesting. Has anyone got on the 10?

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    Those hustle reviews are interesting. Has anyone got on the 10?
    Yeah, it's the best of the bunch.

^^ Interesting to hear, as the Rustler 10 is generally getting pretty poor feedback around here compared to Rustler 9 & 11.

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    ^^ Interesting to hear, as the Rustler 10 is generally getting pretty poor feedback around here compared to Rustler 9 & 11.
    Interesting for me as well, I spend the majority of my days on the Rustler 11 and (lately with no new snow) the Rustler 9, I don't own the 10. IF I was to add a Hustle to my quiver it would probably be the 10. In other news, the re-design of the Zero G 95 is a winner - more guts and stability but still less demanding than the OG version (which I still ski).

Blizzard fans - how's the Brahma 82 on hardpack? Real hardpack, like what you'd rail a GS ski on.

Considering that STP clearance deal, but wondering how much edge hold the rockered Brahma gives up vs a traditional camber ski. Ideally I'd like something that holds an edge like a race ski, but actually skiable off groomers.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Go up thread for a couple reviews. I'm not into the B82 off piste, at all. I think that calls into question its value vs a fully cambered ski for sure. But is a fun, somewhat demanding ride. Does not replace the B88 in my quiver. Ymmv.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Go up thread for a couple reviews. I'm not into the B82 off piste, at all. I think that calls into question its value vs a fully cambered ski for sure. But is a fun, somewhat demanding ride. Does not replace the B88 in my quiver. Ymmv.
    Thanks. Searched, found some discussion of them here too:
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...Skis?p=6491014
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    anyone interested in these?

Attachment 406190

Attachment 406191

Attachment 406192

like new condition
    What's the price and will the seller ship?

What's Blizzard up to?

$375 plus shipping in Gear Swap
    Last edited by ~mikey b; 02-21-2022 at 07:31 AM.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

So I’ve been looking to buy a versatile frontside carver for firm icy days, specifically the brahma 82s. Got a chance to try out Brahma 88s in these conditions (no 82s available) – some thoughts below.

Me – 5-10/160lbs. Home mountain is Lake Louise. Daily drivers are 181 ON3P jeffries 98 and 108s. A bit of east coast race background from way back, but more of centered, poppy, slashy style now; but coming off an injury (tibia spiral fracture) so mostly on groomers this winter (no real airs and no switch allowed). Haven’t skied a sub 98 wide ski in many years.

I tried the Brahma 88s in 177 first. I thought they would feel short as my other skis are all 180-186; but was surprised. I guess I’m not used to having that much shovel in front, or that stiff of a ski. I didn’t feel like I needed to try a longer size. They railed scraped off icy sections in the middle of the trail. I’d forgotten how reassuring it is to have that grip. So much fun ripping and made me nostalgic for younger days in Vermont. Quite responsive when I put a lot of energy in them. Really nice on medium to larger gs turns. Very stable. Surprisingly better than I thought off piste as well (steep chalk and some firm variable stuff). But also a bit damp and unplayful for my taste.

I decided to try out the 171 88s too. My ego felt a little silly with such short skis on, but I was again pleasantly surprised how well they held up. They did feel a tad short, but were still stiff and stable enough, and felt rather natural (likely because my other skis have a short effective edge). I was most surprised at how different they skied compared to the 177s. The 177s felt more like a GS ski; and the 171s felt like a slalom ski. Really maneuverable and easier in short turns. Didn’t require as much speed; and handled off piste decently as well. I assume they would be a lot easier in bumps too. However, they had surprisingly less grip than the 177s. I’m not sure if that is due to length or tune (likely in part the tune because the tail of one ski was washing out more than the other at the end of turns).

Also tried the bodacious. Solid overall ski, certainly better grip than my ON3Ps, but felt a little boring to me.

Now I’m debating whether the brahma 82 in 173 would split the difference. I’m intrigued by going that narrow and having that much agility. Do y’all think the 82 would be narrow enough to maintain enough grip (compared to the 180 82), and stiff enough that they would not be too short? Solid in bumps and for cruising around at slow speeds with my kids? Or would they lack enough versatility in firm off piste conditions compared to the 88? It seems like a pretty unique ski, given how narrow it is, yet still with a slight bit of tip/tail rocker.

What's Blizzard up to?

I skied my $199 187 Brahma 82s today. Super fun on hard groomers. Super fun on hard bumps. Excited to use these for less than ideal conditions or where I’m stuck skiing groomers with intermediate friends. I’ll likely sell my Bonafides because the Cochise 106 and Brahma 82 should cover the low end.

Thanks to ElChup for posting this groomer ski thread. That thread discusses how a lot of Brahma’s come from the factory with fucked up tunes. I put a straight edge on the brahmas when I pulled them out of the plastic… sure as shit, railed / edge high. They definitely need a grind. I skied them as is and they were great (but it was noticeable at slow speeds and bases flat situations)..

So… PSA: Anyone that owns a Brahma should check the tune / flatness. Any negative review of a Brahma should have an asterisk next to it unless the tune was fixed.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...Skis?p=6491014

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

What's Blizzard up to?

I am still waiting for mine. I ordered on the 15th, stoked to get them. I will put a true bar on them first thing, as adjust the base as needed and mount my last pair of EVO wardens on them.

More cowbell!!!

I also have some Cochise of the blue and orange vintage (2016?) and some Kendos circa 2015, I am pretty set for any SW Idaho conditions.

More cowbell!!!

Yep, I set my 82's to 1 2. Totally fucked from factory.

I bought the 2019 180 Brahma 88's from Beder in gear swap. 20 days on groomers, he said never a grind and edges have never been touched up. So fresh as hell save for dull af edges. Screwed my sth2 binders right in and flew. These replace my OG Brahma 88's. Just got done skiing the evening away. Holy fuck. Don't believe the hype about Blizzard making the B88's too serious. Flat intuitive fun just like the OG's but way...way better tip to fail edge hold than my antique Brahma 88 and without the fuck you the 82's tails give if you get back seat. Nor do they care when you drop off trail or into wierd or variable snow. Super stoked on these bad boys.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Thanks to ElChup for posting this groomer ski thread.https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...Skis?p=6491014
    A HoF thread right there.

It’s impossible for the skis to be actually railed from the factory. They definitely could have too little base bevel but there is zero reason to ever grind them. It’s incredibly easy to add base bevel to any ski with a base bevel guide. It’s a great tool to have cause it’s also acts as a way to check the base bevel just by running it over the base with a file in it and light pressure. You can tell how much bevel actually exists by how much purchase the file gets with whatever guide you have.

It takes no more than 2-3 passes to set bevel from virtually flat to 1*. Once it’s set never touch it again.

The spec from the factory on Brahma 82s is probably close to .7 with as much as a .2 tolerance. So they could be closer to .5. Although a machine established .5 will ski much looser than a .5 made by a file. But that’s a different conversation.

I trust your expertise.

Could just be they ski like garbage at .7

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
    What's the price and will the seller ship?
    $375 plus shipping in Gear Swap

Name:  Image1645453941.141072.jpg
Views: 847
Size:  200.1 KB

Name:  Image1645453946.619628.jpg
Views: 864
Size:  122.9 KB

Name:  Image1645453952.402666.jpg
Views: 864
Size:  148.9 KB

skied twice

flat - no bindings - one mount for Griffon at unknown BSL

Skied my Brahma 82s today. Mounted them with a pair of the Wardens from EVO, set the base bevel to 1*, and buffed the edges real sharp at 2*. Sweet set up for less than $300.00 total. They grip and feel precise! No speed wobble, even at very high speed. Just groomers today, so I can’t say how they perform off trail. I imagine they will be fine.

More cowbell!!!

2nd day on the Brahma 82s. 40,000 vertical over the course of 5 hours. I really like this ski. Ducked off trail a couple of times to check out the 2” of dust on crust and a couple of wiggle lines, these skis work. I highly recommend.

More cowbell!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    It’s impossible for the skis to be actually railed from the factory. They definitely could have too little base bevel but there is zero reason to ever grind them. It’s incredibly easy to add base bevel to any ski with a base bevel guide. It’s a great tool to have cause it’s also acts as a way to check the base bevel just by running it over the base with a file in it and light pressure. You can tell how much bevel actually exists by how much purchase the file gets with whatever guide you have.

It takes no more than 2-3 passes to set bevel from virtually flat to 1*. Once it’s set never touch it again.

The spec from the factory on Brahma 82s is probably close to .7 with as much as a .2 tolerance. So they could be closer to .5. Although a machine established .5 will ski much looser than a .5 made by a file. But that’s a different conversation.
    literally my last 5 pairs of new blizzard came edge high....but so has basically every other ski as well.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Yep, I set my 82's to 1 2. Totally fucked from factory.

I bought the 2019 180 Brahma 88's from Beder in gear swap. 20 days on groomers, he said never a grind and edges have never been touched up. So fresh as hell save for dull af edges. Screwed my sth2 binders right in and flew. These replace my OG Brahma 88's. Just got done skiing the evening away. Holy fuck. Don't believe the hype about Blizzard making the B88's too serious. Flat intuitive fun just like the OG's but way...way better tip to fail edge hold than my antique Brahma 88 and without the fuck you the 82's tails give if you get back seat. Nor do they care when you drop off trail or into wierd or variable snow. Super stoked on these bad boys.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    The black one IMO are the best all around.

I have the new 183cm B88, and quite frankly it feel not as nimble in woods and bump as these black ones(my black were 180cm) might have to try 177cm but it seems like the camber is just longer on the new red ones. The Black ones IMO solved all the edge grip on hard snow issues of the Gen 1 and 1.5 with out making them worse off trail.