Page 54 of 66 FirstFirst ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1628
    Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Weird. I pay 0 attention to pretty much any ski under that waist width.
    Itís a numbers game. What are your chances of getting a pow day if you are a 10-20 day a year weekend skier. My cousin has been in Denver 10 year now and has caught 3 or 4 deep days on weekends. He skis 10-20 days a year, primarily weekends only. He is also a one ski quiver skier, so he has one <100mm wide pair of skis, and thatís it. He deals with being under gunned on the rare deep day he does luck out to get.

Also, Colorado just doesnít get the same snow as Utah, CA, or WA. Steamboats best year ever was like 350in, their average is 250in I think. At least here in WY, thatís a depressing season. When you donít get the volume of snow, the demand for 110* wide skis just isnít there. What does CO do best? Long groomers IMO, not big mountain pow skiing. Yes, Silverton, CB, and Telluride exist, but they donít have the draw of the weekend or vacation crowd that Breck, Vail, Beaver Creek, Copper, and Keystone have.

Thatís the vast majority of the I-80 skiers. We, with our bloated 7+ pair of ski quivers, are in the minority. Iím not surprised that fat skis donít move in the Intermountain area.

I still want a slightly longer and beefier R10 thought. Hey, a guy can dream.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I go through skis like a crack whore goes through, um, crack. Currently 12 or 13 pair. Not my Bodacious though. Nothing else even close to this old either. I remember buying them on close out too, maybe from Sierra? Anyway I wish they would make this one again...Iíve tried and sold some of the newer ones.
    Weíre going to Targhee tomorrow.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1612987887.940222.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	238.0 KB 
ID:	362255

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    It’s a numbers game.
    It is.

If the total number of your skis over 100mm = zero, how much fun are you gonna have when that once-in-a-lifetime bottomless pow day happens along?

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    It is.

If the total number of your skis over 100mm = zero, how much fun are you gonna have when that once-in-a-lifetime bottomless pow day happens along?
    Ignorance is bliss, maybe?

(Says the guy with a double digit quiver, one of which is sub 100)

What's Blizzard up to?

Ignorance is bliss, and skiing isnít the same sport to them as it is us. We forget that we are the 1% of skiers, with boots that fit, a quiver of skis to pick from, the list goes on.

Now convincing the one ski quiver owners they need a >100mm wide ski, or a pair 100-110mm wide, and a >1100mm wide pair, well thatís a question for Wasatch and GregL, cause Iím not the salesman here.

Quote Originally Posted by Beder View Post
    I go through skis like a crack whore goes through, um, crack. Currently 12 or 13 pair. Not my Bodacious though. Nothing else even close to this old either. I remember buying them on close out too, maybe from Sierra? Anyway I wish they would make this one again...Iíve tried and sold some of the newer ones.

Was there a big difference between the newer ones and yours? Curious as I have been debating about buying a pair to store for when my current bodacious dies. I love the ski that much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Any Ď21 Cochise 106 reviews here? Seems like a few of you were going to pull the trigger....

Bump. Any other comments on the new Cochise?

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Bump. Any other comments on the new Cochise?

Blister just dropped the full review.

What's Blizzard up to?

Sold my 2019 green R11s that had Shifts on them.

Tough to do as I think the R11 is legitimately a ski you could own 2 of in your quiver.

Picked up a pair of 2021 R11s....mounted them with gold Pivot 15s. Liking the new look. May have to start wearing a gold chain too. Or get a gold tooth?

Name:	IMG_9581.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	166.9 KB 
ID:	362559

Name:	IMG_9582.JPG 
Views:	121 
Size:	217.5 KB 
ID:	362560

Name:	IMG_9584.JPG 
Views:	117 
Size:	181.0 KB 
ID:	362561

Name:	IMG_9583.JPG 
Views:	111 
Size:	158.7 KB 
ID:	362562

Goodbye my friend....

Name:	IMG_2427.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	203.9 KB 
ID:	362563
    Last edited by kc_7777; 02-13-2021 at 12:11 AM.

The gold Pivots are usually a bit gaudy for me but that combo looks great.

I need to try an R11 one of these days. Think I'd really like the 188.

Damn son, you better buy a lock for those

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    The gold Pivots are usually a bit gaudy for me but that combo looks great.
    I need to try an R11 one of these days. Think I'd really like the 188.
    You should try one....I love it....~1/2 metal, lots of tip/tail rise....it's just a great mix of "easy that rips". Makes bad snow less bad.

Re the gold Pivots... haha. I put the silver, gold and yellow/purple forza Pivots on them and the gold looked the best. I think it will be better once they're scuffed up a bit. haha

Kc where’d you mount this time?

Hey Severin,

I went +1cm.

I skied my 2019 Rustler 11s at both +1cm and +2cm. I think +1cm is best. My bsl is 288mm so factor that in.

Keith

So I picked up a pair of the 186 cm black issue bodes from Asogear back in December mounted them up and had them ready to go, and then managed to injure myself(non skiing). Missed five weeks of season. So I finally got a chance to take these out. Blown away! Conditions at my home hill Sugarloaf are very good right now, but it hasn't snowed in a week so everything is packed out with excellent groomer cruising, and that is what they do. Of course since they are just wide GS skis. I like the way the rocker hooks up. I've had mixed feelings about tip rocker. Sometimes I like sometimes not so much. These things are smooth and chatter free. They have a speed limit that I will never find.

I had a pair of the 196cm, that I sold to someone on this board. At 220 lbs I always go for the longest length of whatever ski. The 196 though an excellent ski felt planky, at least for my purposes. The 186 does not feel that way at all. Yes they are still heavy as hell especially with a pivot 18. Not going to be a mogul or tight tree ski. Can't wait to get these out in some better snow. Two thumbs up!

Now I am going to have to re-think future ski purchases as far a length goes. I don't want to give up skiing metal chargers, but at 58 y.o. maybe that is what is going to have to happen. Eyeballing the cochise 106 for maybe next year. May have to go 186 with that one too.

What's Blizzard up to?

Quote Originally Posted by Beder View Post

This is the exact ski that made me put down the snowboard. Have been lured by metal flat uf ever since. Wish I didnít sell. Best of the early art too.

The R9 getting the glowing reviews- is that the tealish one and/or newest red? Or just the new that was tweaked for better?

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    It’s a numbers game. What are your chances of getting a pow day if you are a 10-20 day a year weekend skier. My cousin has been in Denver 10 year now and has caught 3 or 4 deep days on weekends. He skis 10-20 days a year, primarily weekends only. He is also a one ski quiver skier, so he has one <100mm wide pair of skis, and that’s it. He deals with being under gunned on the rare deep day he does luck out to get.

Also, Colorado just doesn’t get the same snow as Utah, CA, or WA. Steamboats best year ever was like 350in, their average is 250in I think. At least here in WY, that’s a depressing season. When you don’t get the volume of snow, the demand for 110* wide skis just isn’t there. What does CO do best? Long groomers IMO, not big mountain pow skiing. Yes, Silverton, CB, and Telluride exist, but they don’t have the draw of the weekend or vacation crowd that Breck, Vail, Beaver Creek, Copper, and Keystone have.

That’s the vast majority of the I-80 skiers. We, with our bloated 7+ pair of ski quivers, are in the minority. I’m not surprised that fat skis don’t move in the Intermountain area.

I still want a slightly longer and beefier R10 thought. Hey, a guy can dream.

I get that it's a #'s game. I also understand that I am an outlier, even on tgr. I pretty much ski 125uf everyday(low snow, no snow, old snow,...). I look @ groomers as a means from here to there tho, so there's that. Soli's groomers are fucking boring though.
    Still curious about it. Does your 10-20 day a season cousin pay full retail for his skis? WB said "fat skis don't sell, at least not @ full retail." With all the discount sites out there, are there really that many intermediates out there to push full retail skinny ski sales year in year out(must be texans).

What's Blizzard up to?

I have the black and grey with a yellow bull Rustler 9. Iím not sure if itís been tweaked, but it just works for me. It is under gunned in 4-8in of soft snow, but up to that it could be my daily driver.

Denverís huge ski swap is where he got his skis, then again he hasnít bought new skis in 8(?) years. He has a 3 and 5 year old learning to ski, and claims when they are off the bunny hill he will get new skis. I 100% under stand and donít push him to get new gear. Kids are important and having good gear doesnít matter on the bunny slopes. When he does look for new skis, I will push him towards the Bonafide or R10. Blizzard just gets it right.

Guess it's just the "full retail" comment that makes me curious.
    Only time I've ever paid full retail was for sticks your not getting elsewhere, i.e. Supergoats, Kusala reissue and Moment Chipotle BanaŮa(try finding 32m tr elsewhere). Not to be a dick, but I'd never pay full retail for ANY Blizzard ski(or any major manufacturer for that matter). As much as I do like both the Spur and R11 when I tried them, there is a certain robustness missing there for an everyday resort ski. R11 was the funnest ski I skied @ Snobasin demo day, but after spending most of the year on some ON3P Caylors, I was struck by how toothpicky they are(balsa core?).

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Guess it's just the "full retail" comment that makes me curious.
    Only time I've ever paid full retail was for sticks your not getting elsewhere, i.e. Supergoats, Kusala reissue and Moment Chipotle BanaŮa(try finding 32m tr elsewhere). Not to be a dick, but I'd never pay full retail for ANY Blizzard ski(or any major manufacturer for that matter). As much as I do like both the Spur and R11 when I tried them, there is a certain robustness missing there for an everyday resort ski. R11 was the funnest ski I skied @ Snobasin demo day, but after spending most of the year on some ON3P Caylors, I was struck by how toothpicky they are(balsa core?).
    The point of the Rustler 11 is to be light-ish and high performance. Itís not a Cochise...or a Bodacious. Could be a great 50/50 resort/touring ski for some people. I think they are just about the best resort powder ski out there.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    The point of the Rustler 11 is to be light-ish and high performance. Itís not a Cochise...or a Bodacious. Could be a great 50/50 resort/touring ski for some people. I think they are just about the best resort powder ski out there.
    Is the 192 essentially a longer 188? Or is it a burlier pro ski build?

Quote Originally Posted by slowroastin View Post

We had this already discussed somewhere in this thread. 192 2 mm wider uf and touch stiffer. Floats better and more stable. 188 better allround, 192 the better resort powder charger.

What's Blizzard up to?

I have 188 and it measure 186 like my BG. So 192 should be 190. Itís light so probably fine at 190 and not a pro build that I know of. I like light stability and it runs great on groomers. I wanted more nimble so I went 188. I have chargers already like 192 protest. Great ski though and I think it is resort killer. Now if my resort had more chop would be billy goat.

Last edited by whyturn; 02-14-2021 at 07:24 PM.
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32

2020/2021 (30/35)

Not a ďpro ski buildĒ but the flex profile is stiffer than the 188 by design. How much? Not really sure, donít have a number. Itís also 116 as has been stated. At my weight the flex difference is rather noticeable when skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    The point of the Rustler 11 is to be light-ish and high performance. It’s not a Cochise...or a Bodacious. Could be a great 50/50 resort/touring ski for some people. I think they are just about the best resort powder ski out there.
    Beautiful 50/50 ski. I'm talking resort ski. R11 is fairly delicate.
    Best resort powder ski is a highly subjective matter