Page 87 of 108 FirstFirst ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 2680
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan View Post
    Right on. Trying to be as objective as possible, so been racking my brain as to what the Cochise does better. I'd say the straighter sidecut of the Cochise means you can be a little lazier on em when going straight (but if the boot is pressured, the B97 does this well too), and the slightly more turned up tail means they release a little better in that 3D funk I was talking about. Best I can do! YMMV and enjoy the last days of Spring!
    I find the 185 Cochise to be a much easier ski than the 183 b97, fwiw. B97 charges, Cochise is looser. Blister reviews are decently accurate.

What's Blizzard up to?

That’s interesting thank you !! As we get older we seem to get looser too so I might have to think about that too

Guess that might be a different story on the 192 ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Westcoaster View Post
    I find the 185 Cochise to be a much easier ski than the 183 b97, fwiw. B97 charges, Cochise is looser. Blister reviews are decently accurate.
    Well said, 189 B97 vs 192 Cochise 106 as well IME; B97 can be loose, but it takes more work/technique, and becomes less so, the deeper the 3D gets. I think I'm learning that I prefer versatile chargers and am willing to deal with the drawbacks of tighter sidecut, mostly because where I ski we see all conditions in a day, and groomers are mandatory back to the lift (so preference bleeding in for sure). Standard caveats with straighter vs tighter sidecut I guess.
    Gweilo, early days for me on the Katana 108, but so far it reminds me a lot of a wider B97 (in shape), with Volkl feeling suspension, and a more soft snow focused rocker profile, if you're looking for something versatile but a little wider...yah, so many good skis, just comes down to preferences.

Edit to add: The firmer or more variable conditions, the more I prefer a tighter sidecut, the deeper days though, fuck it, give me something straighter, as railing gs turns in variable and hard pack aren't really important, and groomers are just the quickest way back to the alpine at that point.
    Last edited by Sylvan; 04-21-2022 at 01:39 PM.

Located in SLC. Somebody snag these.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1650759545.729043.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	799.9 KB 
ID:	414144
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

My B97 189 waiting at the start line of „Weisser Rausch“ (White Rush) in St. Anton.yesterday Those things haul ass. So stable, damp and confidence inspiring at high speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Located in SLC. Somebody snag these.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1650759545.729043.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	799.9 KB 
ID:	414144
    Appreciate the heads up, I did snag those

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Appreciate the heads up, I did snag those
    Nice score on some amazing planks!

Help with choosing low tide skis

I'm a long time reader but first time poster, excited to join the Mag community.

I am trying to decide on a low-tide ski to pair with my OG 196 Bodacious while spring pricing is available. My only other skis for reference are Morrison Pro models (blue ones) from the late 90's. I love the ability of the Bodacious to carve through anything in front of it as long as I'm balanced, however I would love my second ski to be quicker edge to edge through giant moguls. Basically I am hoping to find a mini Bodacious. I don't do any touring now so these would be solely for inbounds laps primarily at Alpental. One other consideration is my daughter is starting lessons next winter so ideally something that doesn't always need to go mach 10.

My top contenders right now are Marshal's R99, Bonefides/Brahmas, Rustler 9, or Volkl M6/M102 for the days when Alpental is refrozen mank. What would you all do if you were in my boots? Are there other good options I'm not considering? Should I target something narrower than 100?

Thanks all, love the community here. Hope to meet up with some of you all next winter

Quote Originally Posted by PNW Lifer View Post
    I'm a long time reader but first time poster, excited to join the Mag community.

I am trying to decide on a low-tide ski to pair with my OG 196 Bodacious while spring pricing is available. My only other skis for reference are Morrison Pro models (blue ones) from the late 90's. I love the ability of the Bodacious to carve through anything in front of it as long as I'm balanced, however I would love my second ski to be quicker edge to edge through giant moguls. Basically I am hoping to find a mini Bodacious. I don't do any touring now so these would be solely for inbounds laps primarily at Alpental. One other consideration is my daughter is starting lessons next winter so ideally something that doesn't always need to go mach 10.

My top contenders right now are Marshal's R99, Bonefides/Brahmas, Rustler 9, or Volkl M6/M102 for the days when Alpental is refrozen mank. What would you all do if you were in my boots? Are there other good options I'm not considering? Should I target something narrower than 100?

Thanks all, love the community here. Hope to meet up with some of you all next winter
    My daily ski at Alpental (always glad to see more Alpy mags start posting) is MFree 108 and it handles the huge Chair 2 moguls just fine. I also have an older 187 Bonafide that I've tried to get rid of, but keep coming back to. I think it works well with our tighter terrain and I don't think it's as burly as it sounds like the new B97 is. The M102 is also a Mag favorite around here, too.

Quote Originally Posted by PNW Lifer View Post

I would recommend checking out the M102. I have a 186 bodacious and I love my 184 M102.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rustler9

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Welcome PNW Lifer. You listed a bunch of good skis; guessing you can't really go wrong. Haven't skied it, but the MFree 108 has been one of the most popular Mag skis this year (check out the Dynastar thread), plus Phatty DDs it at your resort, so there's that. Of your list, I've only been on the B97 and M102, and they both can 'carve through anything in front of them', with the M102 being a little easier to maneuver, so maybe better with the kids?!? I plan my days to avoid moguls so can't help ya there. Skibrd raves about the R9, and posted about it a few pages back, PNW Skier skis Bodes and loves M102s, and I pretty much wanna buy every Heritage Lab ski on the website. As this is the Blizzard thread, my vote is to buy all of em, with a slight preference for the Blizzard skis Good luck with the decision.

Thanks all for helping me decide! I ended up pulling the trigger on the R99's since I've had the tab open for the past 2 months and love the thinking behind the skis.

I'm certain the M102, MF108, R9, and the B97 would be great options too! My thought process was if the R99 isn't what I'm looking for it will be easier and quicker to catch and release the R99 here to pivot to one of these other options than it would be to go the other direction. Hope to do some laps with you all up at Alpental/Crystal next winter!

Somebody out there needs a taste of the OG Cochise…Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1654002175.883159.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	752.3 KB 
ID:	417753
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Somebody out there needs a taste of the OG Cochise…Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1654002175.883159.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	752.3 KB 
ID:	417753
    What is that .. a ski for ants?

Hi there

There’s a great deal on some 185 Cochise 106 online (278€ instead of 700€). Worth getting or I should really get the 192 ? I am looking for a variable conditions ski to complement Brahmas 187 and R11 in 192 for deeper days. Really disliked the R10 when it came out but I suspect this one might be a damper version, keeping things a bit livelier in 185.

I am 188cm and 90kgs on the agressive side.

Thank you !

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Having skied the 192's myself (and liking them, but kinda "meh" when comparing them to the OG's and Carbon versions) I think it depends on how comfortable you are on 192's.

They feel somewhat less "strong" than the 192 Carbons, and less damp and loose than the OG. But they don't feel particularly long, or cumbersome to me.
    But I don't ski them in bump lines either. (I do my best to avoid big rock-hard bumps, pretty much anytime.)

Most of my skiing on them has been on open bowls with pretty serious room to let them run. They do ok in trees too - though I tend to keep speed down, not wanting to die in a tree impact. (There's been a few of those the last number of years at my local hill.)

So, if you're comfortable on 192's and want more stability generally, and given your size, I'd go 192's.
    If you don't find yourself craving the extra stability, go shorter.

For me, having the longer ski just gives me an extra "gear" where I can push that much further out on the limb before falling off - which is just super fun. You know; faster, more reckless, more stupid. All so I can crash harder when the inevitable happens.

I'd probably go for the cheap 185's. You can always sell them without losing much, IMO.

Has anyone had time on or come across an actual review of the new 0G 94 Approach skis?

I mostly like my 0G 95s but often find myself wishing for something that was a little better in variable mank/mush and a tad more forgiving when I invariably come in too hot to some questionable snow. The slightly softer flex and incrementally wider dimensions of the Approach seem like this could fit what I'm looking for but I'm curious to hear from someone who as actually skied it.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Has anyone had time on or come across an actual review of the new 0G 94 Approach skis?

I mostly like my 0G 95s but often find myself wishing for something that was a little better in variable mank/mush and a tad more forgiving when I invariably come in too hot to some questionable snow. The slightly softer flex and incrementally wider dimensions of the Approach seem like this could fit what I'm looking for but I'm curious to hear from someone who as actually skied it.

Thanks,
    Where did you see these? There are two colorways for the Zero G 95 and a new Zero G 80 LT which is supposed to be softer and more forgiving, haven't heard of a 94mm wide Blizzard touring ski. Maybe a Blizzard topsheet on an Enforcer Unlimited 94?

No idea what it skis like. It wasn't at the tests last spring and it's not in the US 2023 catalog I have. The regular ZG 95 is great, sort of half way between the original "stubborn" version and the 2nd gen watered-down version.

94 Approach isn’t available in NA

For posterity, stumbled across a 192 Hustle 11; weighed in at 2190/ski avg (2000 stated). Could be a heavy pair, but that's almost R11 territory. The positive is its another data point supporting owning an R11 again.

Sounds like you found another early production. Blister also noted Blizzard informed them that the pre-release-demo-fleet batch for all the hustles were coming out heavier for whatever reason.

Interesting, thanks. Curious to hear if the 192 production comes in close to advertised. Sharing a ton of R11 DNA, a 2000 gram 192 Hustle 11 sounds like a fun slack country pow ski, or even an, albeit wide, slack country winter all rounder. The embedded Ski Test vid in the below link does a pretty good job of explaining the layup differences (carbon vice metal, slightly different core), despite their on snow impressions being on a pre-production ski (I would assume).

http://www.skiessentials.com/2023-sk...zard-Hustle-11