Page 24 of 109 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    Any mount point advice for Rustler 10 180? Mine have bindings that need a remount for 2cm longer bsl, so it would be convenient to move just the toe or heel and end up at either +1 or -1.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueNorth View Post
    Any mount point advice for Rustler 10 180? Mine have bindings that need a remount for 2cm longer bsl, so it would be convenient to move just the toe or heel and end up at either +1 or -1.
    Would probably do +1 if I had to choose between the two. That said, I'm on the rec line and very happy.

I went -1 and like them there. Skied the R11 on a demo track and thought -1 was sweet if you’re coming from a traditional style. Big sweet spot tho

Quote Originally Posted by jski171 View Post
    I went -1 and like them there. Skied the R11 on a demo track and thought -1 was sweet if you’re coming from a traditional style. Big sweet spot tho
    What length?

Last year's Bodacious $313 at Evo.

Quote Originally Posted by jski171 View Post
    Intend to mount my 188s same old schoolish since the tail is quite long compared to similar skis like the Nordica Enforcer 110.

So mounted mine 1 cm back from the line a tested them today. Gotta say it felt $$$$$$$, no regrets.

Delam on rustler 11 base?

I have a pair of r11s and the orange/salmon part of the base is beginning to show signs of delaming from the rest of the ski. Anyone else have this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by AGbanjo_74 View Post
    Delam on rustler 11 base?

I have a pair of r11s and the orange/salmon part of the base is beginning to show signs of delaming from the rest of the ski. Anyone else have this problem?
    Pics? I had a different delam issue (top sheet) with a pair of Bonafides and Blizzard replaced them for me.

Anyone put a tape measure on the current Bodacious? Many times what is listed isn't what is actually there when measured, seeing that this ski has the metal back in and visually no taper, its more of a mans ski than last seasons, Thank you.

My rustler 11's delaminated. Warranteed, but upgraded to 192's anyway. Out of stock in Canada apparently.

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by DoIKnowYou? View Post
    Anyone put a tape measure on the current Bodacious? Many times what is listed isn't what is actually there when measured, seeing that this ski has the metal back in and visually no taper, its more of a mans ski than last seasons, Thank you.
    My 196 measure about 194 or 193.5 straight pull. FKNA awesome ski!

Quote Originally Posted by garuda View Post
    My 196 measure about 194 or 193.5 straight pull. FKNA awesome ski!
    Thank you garuda, as suspected, look forward to the thrill.

Has anybody been on Rustler 11 in 188 and 192 and can directly compare? What is straight pull on a 192? Seems 192 is sold out in Euroland so the biggest size must be pretty popular.

Quote Originally Posted by roQer View Post
    Has anybody been on Rustler 11 in 188 and 192 and can directly compare? What is straight pull on a 192? Seems 192 is sold out in Euroland so the biggest size must be pretty popular.
    Yep.

192 is phenomenal ski in alpine terrian. Charge and scrub speed whenever you want. The 188 is way more "fun". Easier to release the tails in tight spaces and spin and shit if your into that. Skied the 192 at red mountain (steep falline tree skiing), didn't feel like extra work unless it was super tight. If I was skiing there full time would probably go with the 188.

188 still charges, can get a little squirly with the bases flat in cliff run outs. Not something I have found with the 192. Both are unstoppable when on edge...fwiw I am 195lbs naked and 6' tall.

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app

Agree for the most part with kicool, I went 188 for quickness in tight, steeper and technical terrain and knowing I don’t ski quite how I used to. The tails are still stiff enough to save you if you get back seat but aren’t quite as ruthless if you want to put them sideways in condensed bumpy snow. Both still much prefer staying oriented down the hill compared to the old gunsmoke. At 5’10 and 205lb I have found the 188 to be a good everyday ski, if it was bigger days only I’d get the 192 for better float and confidence running over crap snow sections.

Unfortunatly both sizes seem to be hard to find right now.
    Last edited by XavierD; 02-03-2018 at 01:32 PM.

Thanks for the answers. I fondled the 188 today in the shop. It appeared to me pretty soft, somewhere around the range of my asymmetric Spur. If the 192 has the same stiffness I reckon 188 might be to squirrelly for my taste. The Spur is 192 but skis much shorter. I dunno if this applies to the Rustler 11 as well.

Thanks for the answers. I fondled the 188 today in the shop. It appeared to me pretty soft, somewhere around the range of my asymmetric Spur. If the 192 has the same stiffness I reckon 188 might be to squirrelly for my taste. The Spur is 192 but skis much shorter. I dunno if this applies to the Rustler 11 as well.
    Funny, my pre-production 188s were stiffer than my buddies production 192s.

I fondled the 188 today in the shop. It appeared to me pretty soft
    FWIW I compared them to quite a few other sticks (f.i. Nordica Énforcer) and found them definitely on the stiffer side, particularly underfoot where it matters for holding an edge once a while when needed. While skiing I found the 188s flex just perfect in all conditions for my 170 lbs.

Picked up a pair of the 188 Rustler 11s at a blowout sale since the price was too hard to pass up. Figured if I didn't want them, I could pass on the savings here... Anyway... trying to decide on whether I'm keeping them. How much overlap would it be with a 189 BMX 105 (non hp version)? Skied the Rustler 10 and liked it and used to have the OG 185 Cochise. Loved both but wanted more float in powder -cochise would tip dive (probably more because I suck than the ski but blaming the ski). Does the 11 have better float?
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    Does the 11 have better float?
    Definitely due to width and rocker profile alone. Skied them in various pow conditions and despite being on the stiffer side they provided great floatation.

Uh yeah, the 11 is obviously a better pow ski than the Cochise.

Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    Picked up a pair of the 188 Rustler 11s at a blowout sale since the price was too hard to pass up. Figured if I didn't want them, I could pass on the savings here... Anyway... trying to decide on whether I'm keeping them. How much overlap would it be with a 189 BMX 105 (non hp version)? Skied the Rustler 10 and liked it and used to have the OG 185 Cochise. Loved both but wanted more float in powder -cochise would tip dive (probably more because I suck than the ski but blaming the ski). Does the 11 have better float?
    Have you not seen the countless posts from Japow lately of guys ripping their 11s? Or from Engelberg?

Been loving my 10s so much I decided to add some 11s to the quiver. They arrive today, throwing CAST on them tonight, and will be christening them in JH this weekend. Stoked!

"Both still much prefer staying oriented down the hill compared to the old gunsmoke"

This is surprising.

193 gunsmoke or ?