Page 79 of 109 FirstFirst ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 2711
    Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask, and/or has been clarified countless times.

As far as I can tell the Rustler11 and Sheeva11 share the same construction w/ different top sheets... am i missing anything there?

Quote Originally Posted by skrtr View Post
    Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask, and/or has been clarified countless times.

As far as I can tell the Rustler11 and Sheeva11 share the same construction w/ different top sheets... am i missing anything there?
    Has been asked and answered. Wasatchback says the only difference is a single wood stringer in the core, rest of the construction is identical.

Very much lookin forward to those R12 promised by XavierD for 22/23.
    So far M–Frees 118 have to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by roQer View Post
    Lol, I can’t promise shit from Blizzard. Just wishful thinking

Quote Originally Posted by roQer View Post
    It definitely came up in conversation at our meetings in Alta when we were testing some future designs for Rustler. Prolly not gonna happen for 23/24 but you never know.

Also there is a construction tweak to Bonafide/Brahma for 22/23. We removed a small amount of rubber and changed the core thickness slightly. Definitely improved the skis. Been doing some back to back testing with present models and 22/23 version with some accounts at Jackson and DV and it’s a pretty noticeable difference. Quicker, more nimble and lively. They don’t ski as long as the present ones tend to.

Due to the high pressure I’ve been on my old Bonafides lately. With the new Cochise 106 in the quiver, I might need to sell the bonafides and step down to a Brahma or Kendo. I was super happy with Bones (still am), but there is a decent amount of overlap with the Cochise now…. It covers such a large swath of conditions. Something that excels on groomers but can still make icy bumps and off groom shit snow fun might be needed…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Due to the high pressure I’ve been on my old Bonafides lately. With the new Cochise 106 in the quiver, I might need to sell the bonafides and step down to a Brahma or Kendo. I was super happy with Bones (still am), but there is a decent amount of overlap with the Cochise now…. It covers such a large swath of conditions. Something that excels on groomers but can still make icy bumps and off groom shit snow fun might be needed…

Don’t be afraid to check out the R9 also. I had both the R9 and the Brahma for a season in my quiver. My thought was I’d be on the Brahmas most of the time and then when I was skiing inbounds low snow with a free ride kid we hung out with Id ski the R9s. I was completely wrong. Ended up skiing the R9s almost every low snow day and selling the Brahmas.

I’m looking at possibly moving back east or to Texas or to London, the R9 will go with me anywhere I go. It carves nearly (90%) as well as the Brahma, but is at least 90% easier in the off piste shit show snow we try to make fun.

What's Blizzard up to?

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    It definitely came up in conversation at our meetings in Alta when we were testing some future designs for Rustler. Prolly not gonna happen for 23/24 but you never know.

Also there is a construction tweak to Bonafide/Brahma for 22/23. We removed a small amount of rubber and changed the core thickness slightly. Definitely improved the skis. Been doing some back to back testing with present models and 22/23 version with some accounts at Jackson and DV and it’s a pretty noticeable difference. Quicker, more nimble and lively. They don’t ski as long as the present ones tend to.
    Any changes/tweaks to the curent Cochise ??

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

I guess nobody else noticed these over on skitalk? Looking forward to learning more.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	30EEDB5A-3EC9-4AB2-A6CF-8D671D478B8C.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	419.4 KB 
ID:	402042  

Those are the old Gunsmoke line. Been dead for awhile because despite being genuinely loved by most folks who got on them, few people got on them. Blame the graphics and the market generally going away from large twin tip skis.

If you find a good pair of 193s skibird will likely circumnavigate the world blindfolded to buy them from you. I’d likely buy some good condition 186 or 193s. Preferably the white topsheet or the only non bull topsheet.

Quote Originally Posted by CouloirInTheLines View Post
    I guess nobody else noticed these over on skitalk? Looking forward to learning more.
    Those are from years ago unfortunately

Oh weird. Bummer. Was hoping they were being brought back.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Those are the old Gunsmoke line. Been dead for awhile because despite being genuinely loved by most folks who got on them, few people got on them. Blame the graphics and the market generally going away from large twin tip skis.

If you find a good pair of 193s skibird will likely circumnavigate the world blindfolded to buy them from you. I’d likely buy some good condition 186 or 193s. Preferably the white topsheet or the only non bull topsheet.
    https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/spo...432669798.html

Not mine, but happy to facilitate sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Gweilo View Post
    Any changes/tweaks to the curent Cochise ??

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
    No

Quote Originally Posted by CouloirInTheLines View Post
    RIP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D40F793F-27D4-47E3-9DD9-6C10F8E6D2B4.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	1,008.0 KB 
ID:	402177Click image for larger version. 

Name:	95F048EF-8D8D-45C0-B53E-D78774F074AD.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	503.1 KB 
ID:	402178

I had to refresh my peacemakers, I couldn’t stand the orange sparkle with teal stars.

Quality work. Looks good- cross between Pollard line art and M free layout.
    "Not all who wander are lost"

very nice - too bad that is not the official graphic of the M-Frees / not an official graphic

Nicely done

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Something that excels on groomers but can still make icy bumps and off groom shit snow fun might be needed…
    So is the Blizzard answer to this question, at present, the Rustler 9?

I have the aforementioned orange sparkle with teal stars Peacemakers for softer snow/pow and I *had* a pair of Brahmas that were my everyday drivers. Looking for an east coast ski that excels on groomers, but - as stated above - makes ice bumps and off-groom shit snow fun also.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    So is the Blizzard answer to this question, at present, the Rustler 9?

I have the aforementioned orange sparkle with teal stars Peacemakers for softer snow/pow and I *had* a pair of Brahmas that were my everyday drivers. Looking for an east coast ski that excels on groomers, but - as stated above - makes ice bumps and off-groom shit snow fun also.
    Of Blizzards lineup, R9 is your answer for a groomer ski that makes ice bumps and off piste shit snow fun.

They will carve big and small turns. Do take into account the slight twin won’t hold as hard of a carve as a flat tail Brahma or Bonafide, but they will carve just fine.

In bumps, they have that confident under foot Blizzard flex that isn’t too demanding, but not too flimsy you can’t use the entire ski to turn. The tails in bumps release so nicely that the ski rare get hung up in tight spots. In shit off piste snow, the R9 isn’t demanding so you can navigate with out having to worry about your ski doing something weird.

The negative aspect (but is a positive in bumps) of the ski is because the metal only goes part way to the tip and tail. The tips and tails will not be as quiet and damp as on a full metal Brahma or Bonafide. Some would say this make you feel like the R9 has a speed limit, it doesn’t slow me down, just tip the ski up on edge and they calm right down.

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Don’t be afraid to check out the R9 also. I had both the R9 and the Brahma for a season in my quiver. My thought was I’d be on the Brahmas most of the time and then when I was skiing inbounds low snow with a free ride kid we hung out with Id ski the R9s. I was completely wrong. Ended up skiing the R9s almost every low snow day and selling the Brahmas.
    Another Rustler 9 convert. I used to use Bonafides as my low tide ski most of the time, got the R9 as a "family ski" and have been on it pretty much exclusively during the current PNW drought/freeze cycle. Rails 95% as well as the Bonafide, but with extra versatility in icy bumps and tight quarters.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Another Rustler 9 convert. I used to use Bonafides as my low tide ski most of the time, got the R9 as a "family ski" and have been on it pretty much exclusively during the current PNW drought/freeze cycle. Rails 95% as well as the Bonafide, but with extra versatility in icy bumps and tight quarters.
    GregL is way smarter then me, listen to him. Get the R9. It’s good for everyone from rockstars and pros (like GregL) to my 67 year old mother who when she comes out west doesn’t leave the blue groomers in Breckinridge.

I would go as far as to say there might not be another ski that has a bigger range of abilities that could enjoy it then the R9.

I’ll tell ya what blizzard is up to, teasing the ever loving shit out of us with this hustle. God dam.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    I keep using my R9s more and more. My only real complaint about the rustlers is I wish they had something in between 180 and 188. I keep waiting for the Eluder pro model. Mounting my 180s at -1 has helped though.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025