Page 36 of 109 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamauchi View Post
    Hi guys, i`m a R11 192 owner, Alps skier, 184cm for 88kg.
    This year i moved to Dal Bello Lupo HD from Dobbermann 150 and, considering i use A LOT foot to ski i`m feeling a little bit less strong on my Rustler!
    It`s like now the horses are for giving me less than the past with race boots.
    Probably i`m one year older and weaker legs than past year ), but i was wondering if could be an idea to move +2 the bindings (Jester 16), to have my Rustler more playful.
    What do you think?
    How many days do you have on your R11s?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Rustler 11 192 mount point

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    How many days do you have on your R11s?
    More or less 20/25.
    In open space i ride very well with it, i feel difficulties in wood, tight couloir, and terrain with moguls/jump/cliff etc

I can’t imagine anything skis well when you switch from a plug boot to a cabrio boot. Totally different platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    I can’t imagine anything skis well when you switch from a plug boot to a cabrio boot. Totally different platforms.
    I recognized it =)

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    I had hole conflict at recommended, and the um mounter put them at -1.

I'm moving them to +1. Will report back after skiing...

Skiing 188s at 6'190#. As some (roqer and others) have noted, size up. The 188s almost feel small for me!
    Remounted at +1 after not liking. Now they are perfect. More control, just as floaty. Rad ski - both playful and damp.

(I will probably bump up to 192 when the opportunity presents.)
    sproing!

Second this. Cabrio boots are going to feel vague. They suck

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Second this. Cabrio boots are going to feel vague. They suck

Not so fast, for the big/wide foot-ankle crowd with skinny legs proportionally, Cabrios are the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Not so fast, for the big/wide foot-ankle crowd with skinny legs proportionally, Cabrios are the way to go.
    Agreed, I’ll edit my previous comment.

Still gonna feel super vague compared to any plug boot.

What's Blizzard up to?

I have one day on my Rustler 11s mounted at +1.8cm. I have a short bsl (287mm) and typically am +1cm relative to most mounts I read about. Skied em with Dalbello Krypton 130 boots.

The R11s felt very maneuverable and quick. Even in tight bumps cause off the soft tips/tails. Great on groomers too.

Don’t think I would want to be any farther forward though (just a spidey sense I was as far forward as I could/should be?)

Didn’t find any pow for them so no feedback on tip dive.

I think the Rustler 11 is a great ski for most of those resort days where you ski everything (groomers, steeps, trees, crud, chalky, mank, slush, packed pow etc) AFTER the storms and lots is already skied out.

So the R11 is not a blower untouched pow ski....but it’s a perfect Whistler inbounds ski? Glad to have it in my quiver (also have Faction 5.0s and 4.0s and J Metals).
    Last edited by kc_7777; 12-30-2019 at 10:41 AM.

So, what’s about the new Blizzard freeride line (Bonafide, Cochise, etc.)? Would anybody share some insights with us?
    Apparently, the skis can be spotted someplaces.

Ooo Couchsurfing give us the deets

What's Blizzard up to?

Just to respond to Blizzard Rustler 11 owners saying they get tip dive in pow? Just skied my 2019 180 cm Rustler 11’s, mounted at +2cm (-6 cm from tc) in shin to knee deep, pretty untouched pow and they were great. No tip dive. At all. Nice and balanced in the pow. And I’m even at the upper end of weight range...175 lbs vs my normal 165 lbs? It wasn’t super light blower pow but it was pretty good. Really happy with these in the quiver. And at the +2cm mount they are quick/nimble and super maneuverable. Just my 2 cents. Actually only 1.53 cents Cdn.

KClick image for larger version. 

Name:	58A75A2C-B2E2-481A-8AA0-909064B4649E.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	195.7 KB 
ID:	308849
    Last edited by kc_7777; 01-02-2020 at 11:03 PM.

I took my 192 Rustler 11s on a hut trip outside of McCall Idaho with the week before dropping ~5 ft. of blower untouched pow and they operated like a dream. I’m approx. 170-175 at 6’2. I gave em up this year because they were on their third mount with frame bindings and I was looking to switch to CAST.

I love the Rustler 11. I dream of riding that ski and never had issues with it diving under snow. When I get a chance I’ll throw up pics from the trip. I do plan on purchasing another 192 when I get a chance, probably mounting it up with CAST as well because I don’t mind touring on em and I’ll have a pair of skins that fit perfectly.

Still gonna feel super vague compared to any plug boot.
    but oh so comfy, for sure in comparison to a plug....i personally never really got super into the "feel" and power transmission part of skiing. I've skied a wide range of boots, some felt better than others, all got me down the hill just fine. I just like going skiing. Mediocrity for me all the way i guess.

Skis I will use this season (have not skied the Rustlers yet):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0101.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	310011

I've got a few more days on my 188 Rustler 11's. Mostly bad snow plus a little powder on top of refrozen shit. Such and easy yet competent ski. They can feel a little turny on hard snow compared to my other skis (Cochise, Zero G 108, GPO's) so I need to remind myself to initiate more gently the first few turns. But on 3D snow they track nicely until I tell them to do otherwise. I think almost any decent skier could get along with these in the right length/conditions.

I for one don't think they are any kind of replacement for the Cochise, however, they are a very nice complement. Cochise for harder snow and open spaces. Rustler for softer snow and trees.

Quote Originally Posted by roQer View Post
    So, what’s about the new Blizzard freeride line (Bonafide, Cochise, etc.)? Would anybody share some insights with us?
    Apparently, the skis can be spotted someplaces.
    New Brahma, Bonafide, Cochise and Black Pearls.

Brahma, Bonafide and Black Pearls get a new construction that's really interesting. It's centered around a new wood
    core that is totally different and took a long time to figure out how to develop. It allows us to control the flex of the ski
    in ways we've never done before and improve the feel and performance at both ends of the spectrum. They all get
    new sidecuts, rocker profiles etc. I think a lot of people on here will be pretty stoked on the new Cochise. The present
    one just was never right. It lost so much of what people loved about the first one. This one takes everything we're learned
    about sidecut, flex, construction to try to create a more modern version of the super versatile ski that we originally launched. Proof is in the pudding of course but hopefully people can get out on them this spring and see for themselves. Nothing will be available for purchase (at least here in NA) this spring but there will be a bunch to demo.

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    I think a lot of people on here will be pretty stoked on the new Cochise. The present
    one just was never right. It lost so much of what people loved about the first one. This one takes everything we're learned
    about sidecut, flex, construction to try to create a more modern version of the super versatile ski that we originally launched.
    Looking forward to this with reservations. OG cochise is my favorite ski of all time and still my everyday ski. Never liked the revamped cochise of a couple years ago. That's why I have 3 sets of OG cochise just in case.

I really like the current cochise in the 192 so I’m to give the new one a shot!

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    New Brahma, Bonafide, Cochise and Black Pearls.

Brahma, Bonafide and Black Pearls get a new construction that's really interesting. It's centered around a new wood
    core that is totally different and took a long time to figure out how to develop. It allows us to control the flex of the ski
    in ways we've never done before and improve the feel and performance at both ends of the spectrum. They all get
    new sidecuts, rocker profiles etc. I think a lot of people on here will be pretty stoked on the new Cochise. The present
    about sidecut, flex, construction to try to create a more modern version of the super versatile ski that we originally launched. Proof is in the pudding of course but hopefully people can get out on them this spring and see for themselves. Nothing will be available for purchase (at least here in NA) this spring but there will be a bunch to demo.
    Is the Bodacious sticking around?

How does a guy get a deal on a pair of 188 Rustler 11s? Asking for me : )

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post

I think the Rustler 11 is a great ski for most of those resort days where you ski everything (groomers, steeps, trees, crud, chalky, mank, slush, packed pow etc) AFTER the storms and lots is already skied out.

So the R11 is not a blower untouched pow ski....but it’s a perfect Whistler inbounds ski? Glad to have it in my quiver (also have Faction 5.0s and 4.0s and J Metals).

I have the 192s, I think it's the opposite for me. They are my deep pow ski and when it's chooped up they do great. When it's hardpack, I wish I had a different ski. They are fun on groomers though!

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    but oh so comfy, for sure in comparison to a plug....i personally never really got super into the "feel" and power transmission part of skiing. I've skied a wide range of boots, some felt better than others, all got me down the hill just fine. I just like going skiing. Mediocrity for me all the way i guess.
    If you ski fast and make quick turns you will 'get' the need for quick power transmission, especailly on hard pack, moguls, etc. Nothing wrong with getting comfy boots, but once you go from slop to tight, you should have an 'oh shit' moment. Unless you ski slow maybe not then? And I'm not saying slow is bad it's a relative term...

Quote Originally Posted by cbgarrett View Post
    Looking forward to this with reservations. OG cochise is my favorite ski of all time and still my everyday ski. Never liked the revamped cochise of a couple years ago. That's why I have 3 sets of OG cochise just in case.
    Hope you get a chance to get out on them this spring. There will be some demos floating around and the end of season
    demo at Alta. New one takes a lot of inspiration from the original. This ski went through a lot of testing and validation by athletes (Marcus and Johan specifically) who obviously have spent a ton of time on that ski and like you really loved the first
    gen. It's way for fun and maneuverable at slower speeds when you're just trying to pivot or starve the ski, similar to the OG. However it has a more modern tip shape that makes it float a bit better in softer snow than the OG, which we all know was it's biggest downfall. It's not a light ski and still has 2.5 sheets of metal so when you tip it up and want to charge it's all there but its waaaaay more nimble at slower speeds and in tight spaces than the present one. The new sidecut profile makes it easier to release the turn and we've really learned a lot from Rustler on how to manipulate the flex of the tips and tails to make the skis more forgiving without sacrificing performance at the high end.

Is it cambered or flat ?