Page 55 of 109 FirstFirst ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 2711
    Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Guess it's just the "full retail" comment that makes me curious.
    Only time I've ever paid full retail was for sticks your not getting elsewhere, i.e. Supergoats, Kusala reissue and Moment Chipotle Banaña(try finding 32m tr elsewhere). Not to be a dick, but I'd never pay full retail for ANY Blizzard ski(or any major manufacturer for that matter). As much as I do like both the Spur and R11 when I tried them, there is a certain robustness missing there for an everyday resort ski. R11 was the funnest ski I skied @ Snobasin demo day, but after spending most of the year on some ON3P Caylors, I was struck by how toothpicky they are(balsa core?).
    Have you been out on the nanners yet? Curious to hear your take. I’m thrilled with them as a resort powder ski thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Have you been out on the nanners yet? Curious to hear your take. I’m thrilled with them as a resort powder ski thus far.
    Not yet dude.
    I defered my pass, and planned to tour this season. Been a real shitshow of shitty snow and the last 3 weeks a highly suspect snowpack.
    I had my house repiped in SeptemberClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200824_125246.jpg 
Views:	797 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	362881, which started a domino remodel project(don't ever, and I mean EVER, remove tile and phukin thinset from a floor. Sell that shit and move!). So my house is a shit show now too.
    Now I've aggravated an old ski injury somehow and my shoulder is fucked. So basically my worst start to a season in 37-38 years. So long answer short, just haven't been able.
    I'm hoping for a much better spring, if I can get this shoulder thing worked out

Beautiful 50/50 ski. I'm talking resort ski. R11 is fairly delicate.
    Best resort powder ski is a highly subjective matter
    Sure...we all have our powder ski preferences. I’m just amazed at the versatility of the Rustler 11. It is way better on groomers than a 114-mm width ski should be and is near perfect on a Pow day. It really is close to a quiver of one for a western skier.

I’m also aging out of the “I need the biggest baddest rip stick” to ski big mountain powder group. I appreciate a ski that can be pushed but doesn’t always push back.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Not yet dude.
    I defered my pass, and planned to tour this season. Been a real shitshow of shitty snow and the last 3 weeks a highly suspect snowpack.
    I had my house repiped in SeptemberClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200824_125246.jpg 
Views:	797 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	362881, which started a domino remodel project(don't ever, and I mean EVER, remove tile and phukin thinset from a floor. Sell that shit and move!). So my house is a shit show now too.
    Now I've aggravated an old ski injury somehow and my shoulder is fucked. So basically my worst start to a season in 37-38 years. So long answer short, just haven't been able.
    I'm hoping for a much better spring, if I can get this shoulder thing worked out
    Fuck that sucks. Good luck mang.

Yeah, it does! Thanks dood!
    Last weekend's events here really put shit into perspective man, I have 0 to complain about.

Interested in the 192 r11 and the asym spur. Shoot me a pm if you're holding.

What's Blizzard up to?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    I appreciate a ski that can be pushed but doesn’t always push back.
    Kind of agree with the above. Used to be that a 115mm Lib Nas Pow (151-115-141) was my narrowest ski I used. Or I was always on a Faction Candide 5 (152-122-140). Could be that I skied Baker 60 days a year in 2013-2016.

Now I’m at Whistler mostly. And I had (still have) a grade 2 MCL tear from skiing/falling off a small cliff to flat in late December.

I can still ski on it, with a brace, but am finding that my Nordica 104 Frees (134-104-124) and R11s (140-112-130) specs are much easier on my tweaky knee. Less push back I guess?

To the point where I sold the Faction Candide 5.0s and I ski the Nordica most of all this season. Even on slightly (20-25cm) deeper days (if it’s really deep I’m on Protos).

And now with a M102 in the quiver, the 102-104mm waisted skis are getting used more and more. And I’m even liking further back mounts now...banditman what have you done?!
    Last edited by kc_7777; 02-15-2021 at 08:43 AM.

I appreciate a ski that can be pushed but doesn’t always push back.
    This is a great statement. Rolls up my thoughts perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Interested in the 192 r11 and the asym spur. Shoot me a pm if you're holding.
    Forget the asym Spur. Not worth the hassle.

Sure...we all have our powder ski preferences. I’m just amazed at the versatility of the Rustler 11. It is way better on groomers than a 114-mm width ski should be and is near perfect on a Pow day. It really is close to a quiver of one for a western skier.

I’m also aging out of the “I need the biggest baddest rip stick” to ski big mountain powder group. I appreciate a ski that can be pushed but doesn’t always push back.
    It's a great ski, like I said. I just question long term durability. I have a pair I'm repairing. I've seen the internals.
    FTR. The Caylors that I referenced do everything you stated above and certainly do not require a lot of input. They are pretty easy.

What's Blizzard up to?

It's a great ski, like I said. I just question long term durability. I have a pair I'm repairing. I've seen the internals.
    ? I always thought Blizzard made pretty decent skis? I know one guy who had some R11s warrantied, can’t remember why, but that’s it. Care to elaborate.

Whoa dude! Not saying they don't make decent skis. It's a lighter built ski meaning lighter(balsa) less resilient wood that's more prone to impact damage. I've got nothing against Blizzard.
    edit to add: I believe that was muted that destroyed a pair @ Soli

I destroyed a pair of r11s when I hit a burred stump at ~20mph. Getting to look at the guts was interesting. Its impressive how minimal they were able to get the construction. Got another pair.

Whoa dude! Not saying they don't make decent skis. It's a lighter built ski meaning lighter(balsa) less resilient wood that's more prone to impact damage. I've got nothing against Blizzard.
    edit to add: I believe that was muted that destroyed a pair @ Soli
    You should go shit talk in the Moment/Dynastar/ON3P thread and see what happens

Pretty sure they use balsa and paulownia but mixed with some harder woods. I have no idea how much of the core is the light stuff. Not as durable in those spots for sure but it is also what makes the R11 special. I don't think there is a ski in the weight class of the R11 that comes close to performing as well. I know blizzard spends a lot of time and money on their cores, a lot of their skis have their own core design. I am not saying a beefy and heavy ski doesn't have a spot in my quiver just giving credit where credit is due. If a guy needs a ski to land on rocks we all know where to look and in general its not Europe.

I really need to get another pair.
    Last edited by Eluder; 02-15-2021 at 01:00 PM.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

I gave the ski credit.
    I'd own a pair of 192 for 50/50 for sure. I just would not want to beat the R11 around a RESORT on the daily.

I just would not want to beat the R11 around a RESORT on the daily.
    I beat mine around the resort daily, no problems so far (though I get a new pair each season). XavierD has about 35 lbs on me; his delammed right where the DRT titanal starts to taper in ahead of the binding.

New ones yearly solves long term durability issues.
    I more than likely have a cheeseburger or 2 on XD
    I'd want 192's and they are now discontinued(?). Can't replace that yearly.

Sell me your 192's then

What's Blizzard up to?

New ones yearly solves long term durability issues.
    I more than likely have a cheeseburger or 2 on XD
    I'd want 192's and they are now discontinued(?). Can't replace that yearly.

Sell me your 192's then
    Tuco, clarifying question... When you say they are discontinuing the 192 do you mean R11...? I sure as hell hope not as it is a killer ski and the only size I would purchase...

Yes, I am one of those uncommon Clydesdale on the board...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Can't remember why I got that impression, hence the ? mark.

192 Rustler 11 is not getting discontinued... no one ever said anything like that.

How would Rustler 11s stand up as a resort ski for Chamonix/ La Grave type skiing? Hoping to do a season in one of these next year, COVID permitting. Looking for something with good edge-hold on steeps, enough top end stability to ski fast in shit snow, floaty enough for European powder, and maneuverable enough to ski tight couloirs and horrible mogulled traverses. Basically everything then.

Currently on BC Atris in a 184, which lack the top end for what I am looking for.

For a one ski quiver? I'd probably go for something a bit narrower.

114ish is going to be a bit wide for several of the conditions you mention. At least for an entire season.

Would probably lean more towards something in the 105 class. Enforcer 104?
    Rustler 10 maybe, but skiing fast in shit conditions doesn't seem to be what they are best suited for.

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    For a one ski quiver? I'd probably go for something a bit narrower.

114ish is going to be a bit wide for several of the conditions you mention. At least for an entire season.

Would probably lean more towards something in the 105 class. Enforcer 104?
    Rustler 10 maybe, but skiing fast in shit conditions doesn't seem to be what they are best suited for.
    Would be part of a three ski quiver. Salomon mtn 95, and will keep the Atris mounted with a lighter touring binding.

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    192 Rustler 11 is not getting discontinued... no one ever said anything like that.
    Good to know, thanks

Sure. Then it's probably great. But I don't belive it's the ultimate resort crud and funky snow charger. For everything primarily soft it's probably great. But really.... I have only one day on mine. Really like them, not sure I'd base a season on them, together with two touring setups. Unless you only plan to ski the resort on the good days.

It really is hard to say. But you can encounter a lot of different snow from top to bottom in the Alps.

I'd still lean slightly more towards something around 105-110, but pow capable. Mfree 108? Wrenegade 108? Depends on your style and size and whatnot