Stated Dimensions (specific length not provided): 137.5-106-124.5 mm
    Stated Sidecut Radii (for respective lengths): 22.5, 24, 26 meters

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    From blister:
    2020-2021 Blizzard Cochise 106

Available Lengths: 177, 185, 192 cm
    Stated Sidecut Radii (for respective lengths): 22.5, 24, 26 meters
    That sounds badass. Any idea on tip and tail splay? Camber underfoot or flat?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    From blister:
    2020-2021 Blizzard Cochise 106

Available Lengths: 192 cm
    Stated Sidecut Radii (for respective lengths): 26 meters
    Hun... 192 Cm with a 26m radius? That perks my interest.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by stuntmanbo View Post
    Is it cambered or flat ?
    2mm camber per ski

Chins are being scratched all around

I’d buy one right this second if I could

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    I’d buy one right this second if I could

I’m waiting until I see the new Katana.

Quote Originally Posted by stuntmanbo View Post
    Is it cambered or flat ?
    I like the cut of your jib.

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    I’m waiting until I see the new Katana.

That will be a tough one btw new Cochise and Katana. TGR gear whores will go for both, surely.
    Was hoping there will be a 188 version of the new Cochise, like Rustler 11. The OG 193 Cochise was kinda cumbersome in tight places. A true 185 might work as well, though.

I’ll probably have to add the new Cochise to my quiver with the Rustler 11s and an Amplid Infrablack so 106-115-126 would be perfect.

Anyone have any idea what the new wooden core material is or just fuck it because it’s got 2.5 sheets of metal in it?

I would say that the current Cochise is a better ski than the original. But the Original is a better Cochise. A marriage of those two with slightly better float would be A+.

+1 on the float part

Anybody read the Blister Flash review on new Cochise? I heard the reviewer thought the new iteration is more locked in and not as „any turn shape possible“ as the OG version and even less than the 2nd gen.
    Would be a bummer.

What's Blizzard up to?

Still have two sets of the OG Cochise, but rarely ski them anymore. Didn’t jive with the new one as it demanded too much and made Western WA resorts feel too small. Have loved the Rustler 11, so hoping they revive the Cochise brand.

I have largely moved on though. I feel like Nordica took lessons from Blizzard but made skis that are very high performance while still so accessible to so many skiers. I feel like they have embraced that market shift toward “something just a little easier and less demanding”. I feel like Blizzard has not kept up as well there.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Nordica is the accessable Blizzard brand.

What's Blizzard up to?

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Nordica is the accessable Blizzard brand.
    I know. I see a lot of Rustlers/Sheevas on people’s feet and the occasional Bonafide and Brahma, but I see a ton of Enforcers and Santa Ana’s. I haven’t seen a newer Cochise in forever.

If people ask my recommendation for skis and they aren’t the Rustler 11 type, I do NOT think I would recommend any other Blizzard ski over an equivalent Nordica model.

Quote Originally Posted by roQer View Post
    Anybody read the Blister Flash review on new Cochise? I heard the reviewer thought the new iteration is more locked in and not as „any turn shape possible“ as the OG version and even less than the 2nd gen.
    Would be a bummer.
    I'm not a member but was that "flash review" conducted at Jackson Hole at our media event in December? I think
    it was.

I'd agree in part with that statement but not all of it.

The original Bonafide, Cochise, Bushwhacker, and even Bodacious had sidecuts that were essentially really wide carving ski sidecuts. Let's face it we're an Austrian brand, at the time that sidecut concept or idea was kinda all we really knew. Since then everyones has learned a lot more about sidecut, and especially matching flex to sidecut.

If you were arcing on groomers it was kind of cool how many different radiuses you could make with the OG Cochise (and still to this day a lot of our skis I think). If you wanted to really stand on your boots in the middle of the turn it was pretty cool how far you could push the radius and the ski would continue to bend and grip without letting go.

2nd gen was in my opinion, and a lot of peoples, a step back. In concept it was designed to be easier but sections of the ski were just too stiff, both longitudinally and torsionally. The skis became trucks. They went fast well but were a lot of work in tighter more variable conditions. Harder to maintain your balance. I think they were a step in the right direction when it came to float. The new rocker profile and tip shape did help that but it still could have been better.

The new one has a sidecut that is for lack of a better word, more freeride in its design. You probably can't make quite as many radiuses on groomers as you could with the old one. I haven't skied on the original one in a long long time and really didn't get to spend too much time on it as I shattered my leg when those things came out and really couldn't ski much for 2 years. When you're on firmer snow, got the skis tipped up, and ideally arcing at high speed I think the new one feels more solid on the snow. The phrase I've come up with is they feel like they're locked to the snow but not locked in the turn. Where you might not be able to push the "radius" as much as the OG design just due to how the sidecut is laid out I feel like they're super easy to shut down, throw sideways, break free certainly more than Gen 2. The biggest thing I noticed is when you're skiing bumps or crud, or steep terrain where you're not arcing or really tipping the skis up it's really easy to manipulate the ski. I feel like I'm much less likely to get out of balance and have to fight to get back. Way easier to recover in steep variable terrain. A lot of that has to do with the sidecut, less of a "carving ski" sidecut design.

There are essentially 3-5 different radiuses in most of the skis we make depending on the model (might be more in some I'm not sure). These new Cochise have a little less radius in the tail than the last two which helps them release. They're not "pin tailed" but they do have less sidecut in certain areas of the ski.

The new Cochise does not get the True Blend core that Bonafide, Brahma, and Black Pearl get. They were tested with that core and they were just too heavy. It has a core similar to Rustler 11.

I really haven't skied the new ski in pow yet so I can't really comment on how it performs. It should perform better than both. It's not drastically different than the last gen in shape but it is in flex so in theory it should plane a bit better. The ski is now 2mm narrower under foot FWIW.
    Last edited by wasatchback; 01-18-2020 at 02:50 PM.

As far as Nordica vs. Blizzard goes. They're supposed to be different by design. For certain people they will definitely be better, for others not so much. Nordicas tend to have more of everything, more sidecut, rocker, and camber. Blizzard tends to be a little more conservative in all of those areas.

There's a reason you don't see many Cochise skis out there....we presently don't sell any. Maybe 1/10th of the number when it first came out and Blizzard was almost an unknown brand in the US at that time. I think that number will increase dramatically with this gen but not sure it will approach those numbers that it first had? Not sure

Nordica being successful and selling a lot of skis is great for both brands.

What's Blizzard up to?

^ All of that really has my interest piqued in regards to the new cochise. I’m not a fan of 110 underfoot so seeing this ski come in at 106 has me excited. Sounds like a perfect compliment to my x106, which is a super fun ski but does show it’s limits in heavy chopped snow. Currently looking for a damp, metal, mid 20’s radius 106 charger with some newer shape. This looks to fit that. Plus the straighter side cut in the tail sounds money. One of my favorite skis of all time, that i own and love, shares that same attribute.
    As far as the Blizzard cochise being different from the Nordica enforcer, that’s a great thing. It will reward strong technical skiers. There are enough easy going skis out there, x106 being one of them, though it can haul ass when called upon. Good to see a charger being built in this waist width.

Point to add in. When Blizzard and Blister were in Jackson testing skis, we hadn’t gotten snow in a while. I had been on my Brahmas (last years) a ton.

Hi Guys.
    Probably the answer is in my bad power/technique...

But.. I'm the only one who feels it's very difficult to pop out of cliff or ollie the Blizzard Rustler 11 (192cm)?

thanks for your answers..

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    As far as Nordica vs. Blizzard goes. They're supposed to be different by design. For certain people they will definitely be better, for others not so much. Nordicas tend to have more of everything, more sidecut, rocker, and camber. Blizzard tends to be a little more conservative in all of those areas.

There's a reason you don't see many Cochise skis out there....we presently don't sell any. Maybe 1/10th of the number when it first came out and Blizzard was almost an unknown brand in the US at that time. I think that number will increase dramatically with this gen but not sure it will approach those numbers that it first had? Not sure

Nordica being successful and selling a lot of skis is great for both brands.
    Appreciate the candor in response. It’s just sad that Blizzard had a full lineup of skis everyone wanted and squandered that market position. Nordica had one ski everyone wanted (Enforcer 100) and expanded their market share dramatically (or so it would seem).

Still enjoy my OG Cochise and Rustler 11. Just am not attracted to any other models in the current lineup. I tried the newer Cochise and found it to be all the things you described. You guys made a hell of a comp ski, that nobody wanted.

Coming from Pro Riders and Monster 98s, would I love the new Cochise?

Skied the 1st gen for two runs, but it's so long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Appreciate the candor in response. It’s just sad that Blizzard had a full lineup of skis everyone wanted and squandered that market position. Nordica had one ski everyone wanted (Enforcer 100) and expanded their market share dramatically (or so it would seem).

Still enjoy my OG Cochise and Rustler 11. Just am not attracted to any other models in the current lineup. I tried the newer Cochise and found it to be all the things you described. You guys made a hell of a comp ski, that nobody wanted.

Sure we don't sell Cochise any more, but we sell a ton more Rustler 10s than we ever did Cochise and even with the new Cochise, the Rustler 10 will still be more than double (probably triple) the quantities at least in the US. The Enforcer 110 might be the only ski with metal sold over 100mm in any sort of quantity in the US. People aren't really buying skis like that anymore. Shocking to people here I'm sure but the market for skis like that is tiny in the grand scheme of things. Hoping that changes and I think you're gonna see a shift back toward skis with a little more mass, we'll see.

Sorry you're not interested in any more skis in the line, hopefully if you get a chance to try the new ones you'll change your mind, maybe not.

Forgot there's also a new Spur.

4 sizes. 189, 179, 169, 159.. 129, 127, 125, 123 are the waste widths. Based off the original spur shape with a completely different construction. Haven't skied it in anything super deep. Had a good day at Jackson last Monday on them. 6" on top of the 18" leftovers from the day before. Fun, not super demanding. Small sample set.

Modern take on an old graphic from the 70s. If you ski Jackson you'll probably see an old pair screwed to the outside of Corbet's cabin.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1 (1).jpg 
Views:	498 
Size:	237.8 KB 
ID:	311540

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    Sure we don't sell Cochise any more, but we sell a ton more Rustler 10s than we ever did Cochise and even with the new Cochise, the Rustler 10 will still be more than double (probably triple) the quantities at least in the US. The Enforcer 110 might be the only ski with metal sold over 100mm in any sort of quantity in the US. People aren't really buying skis like that anymore. Shocking to people here I'm sure but the market for skis like that is tiny in the grand scheme of things. Hoping that changes and I think you're gonna see a shift back toward skis with a little more mass, we'll see.

Sorry you're not interested in any more skis in the line, hopefully if you get a chance to try the new ones you'll change your mind, maybe not.

Forgot there's also a new Spur.

4 sizes. 189, 179, 169, 159.. 129, 127, 125, 123 are the waste widths. Based off the original spur shape with a completely different construction. Haven't skied it in anything super deep. Had a good day at Jackson last Monday on them. 6" on top of the 18" leftovers from the day before. Fun, not super demanding. Small sample set.

Modern take on an old graphic from the 70s. If you ski Jackson you'll probably see an old pair screwed to the outside of Corbet's cabin.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1 (1).jpg 
Views:	498 
Size:	237.8 KB 
ID:	311540
    New Spur sounds interesting. I like that they will be made in mortal lengths.

Like many here, I was a super fan of the original flipcore line. Owned multiple Cochise, Bonafides, Bodacious, and the Spur. The Rustler 11 is my favorite Blizzard ski from the current lineup. You guys did an awesome job on that ski. Tried to like the Rustler 10, but just couldn’t make that ski work for me. Not surprised they sell so well, although they feel like the most “non-Blizzard” ski in the lineup.

I went from being a huge flipcore fan to a Nordica Enforcer fan when I started skiing with less experienced skiers more (my blue groomer kids and friends). They don’t have the top end that flipcore skis do, but they aren’t as demanding either, while still performing at a high level and being a lot more “fun” for most people.

I hope the product reboot works out. Interested in finding some to demo this spring.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums