Page 35 of 109 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Life is too short not to have the perfect ski for the powder day.
    Isn't that the truth! I had L120s and then gave them to my Godson a couple years ago. I am seriously thinking about Animas, E110s or C&D's. I'm getting older and fatter and am just not willing to fight with a ski.

Quote Originally Posted by cspringsposer View Post
    Isn't that the truth! I had L120s and then gave them to my Godson a couple years ago. I am seriously thinking about Animas, E110s or C&D's. I'm getting older and fatter and am just not willing to fight with a ski.
    That's a lot of variety in the skis you listed and it sounds like you would prefer a more traditional mount point. That leaves out the Anima for sure which is -6 and seems like a soft and centre biased ski. C&D for deeper pow bias or Billygoat for more versatility. Spurs too if you're thinking C&D but at your weight/height the ON3P may be better suited.

Quote Originally Posted by cspringsposer View Post
    And this might be part of the problem - they are 188s. I got a killer deal on them from a friend otherwise my fat ass would definitely have grabbed the 192.
    I had tip dive and other issues with my 188s, I upgraded to the 192s and don’t have tip dive anymore and now love the ski. They are stiffer, wider, etc. I’m not chubby but I am 6’ 2” if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    I’m not chubby but I am 6’ 2” if that helps.
    I'm just big boned....under the fat.

Thanks. The skis were great in 6", but are probably just too small for a big boned guy like myself in deep stuff. I have to say I was really surprised how badly these dove. Will have to try the 192s if I get a chance.

I sure as shit hope it is a sizing issue for you as I am 6'4" and 210 lbs and have a brand new pair of 192s with sth 16s ready for their maiden voyage... I was looking to go with 116 Woodsman, but because of the great reviews from this board I went with Rustler 11s... I do own 193 Gunsmokes and love them so hoping the same for the 11s...

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

I'm about to mount some Rustler 11's. Thinking -1 is where I want to be. Anybody played around with moving points?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I'm about to mount some Rustler 11's. Thinking -1 is where I want to be. Anybody played around with moving points?

What length? On anything shorter than 192 I wouldn’t go back. The mounting point on R11 is very dialed for how it skis, IMO. No need for experiments. If you picked up the right size, you don’t have to fear tip dive.
    This ski has to be rather upsized if you’re going to charge on it.

I have 188's. I'm 5'10" 175. Have 185 Cochises for charging. Protests for deep. I just happen to like more traditional mounts.

What's Blizzard up to?

Funny people are talking going back? Or funny to me as I don’t like far back mounts.

Just sold some 181cm Lib Wreckreates (sorry Mt Baker). Used the $ to get some Rustler 11s (last year’s green ones) in a 180cm.

Going to go +1.5 to + 2 to get them to -6 on the ski. I think rec is -8?

Mounting in a few days.

I’ve skied Faction Candides at -5, Opus at -2.5, Libs at -5, Rens at-5, Bibbys at -5, InThaynes at -5.5, Nomads at -5.5.....

Never had tip dive on any in the deep. I ski pretty centered.

Interested on hearing from Rustler 11 owners who have gone forward +1 or +2?

I’m 5’7”, 165 lbs.
    Last edited by kc_7777; 12-29-2019 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    Funny people are talking going back? Or funny as I don’t like far back mounts.

Just sold some 181cm Lib Wreckreates (sorry Mt Baker).

Got some Rustler 11s (last year’s green ones) in a 180cm.

Going to go +1.5 to + 2 to get them to -6 on the ski. I think rec is -8?

Mounting in a few days.

I’ve skied Faction Candides at -5, Opus at -2.5, Libs at -5, Bibbys at -5, InThaynes at -5.5, Nomads at -5.5.....

Never had tip dive on any in the seep. I ski pretty centered.

Interested on hearing Rustler 11 owners who have gone forward +1 or +2?

I’m 5’7”, 165 lbs.
    5'8" and 170, I ski the 188 @ +1 and the 180 on the recommended line.

Ski the 192s at +2. Makes them more playful and I think you will like them there considering you history with other skis.

Personally I wish I had mine at recommended now, feel a bit off balanced at times when skiing hard.

I had hole conflict at recommended, and the um mounter put them at -1.

I'm moving them to +1. Will report back after skiing...

Skiing 188s at 6'190#. As some (roqer and others) have noted, size up. The 188s almost feel small for me!
    sproing!

What is the experienced mount point on the new (19/20) Rustler 10 in a 188? Factory is +1 I believe but reading several different opinions. Also, this has metal under foot so are do it your-selfer's tapping when mounting or will drilling alone do it?

Regarding the rustler 11: After owning a pair of 188s for half a season, I don't consider them a dedicated powder ski. I have original spurs and spur-ed bodacious from a few years ago and they both ski powder better with their tip design. The R11s are definitely more fun for chopped up powder, steep trees, powder filled chutes and other tighter terrain. I definitely get tip dive on deep untracked powder if I don't stay centered. For me, I have to concentrate a bit more in deep powder as the tips don't stay up as well as my other powder skis. But they are just so much fun all over the mountain, I find myself wanting to ski them as much as possible. I didn't try the 192 before buying. Would like to get on the longer length at some point for comparison.

For my day to day 2-ski quiver for LCC, I am very happy with R11 and original cochise. I do like to get on my spurs for the first half of really deep days, though. Those ski untracked deep powder so well.

Just mounted them on the line.

^^ I did as well. Seems like most people say it has a big sweet spot. And, comparing to some of my other Same size skis, the line is pretty far back (188).

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Just mounted them on the line.

What's Blizzard up to?

Quote Originally Posted by cbgarrett View Post
    Regarding the rustler 11: After owning a pair of 188s for half a season, I don't consider them a dedicated powder ski. I have original spurs and spur-ed bodacious from a few years ago and they both ski powder better with their tip design. The R11s are definitely more fun for chopped up powder, steep trees, powder filled chutes and other tighter terrain. I definitely get tip dive on deep untracked powder if I don't stay centered. For me, I have to concentrate a bit more in deep powder as the tips don't stay up as well as my other powder skis. But they are just so much fun all over the mountain, I find myself wanting to ski them as much as possible. I didn't try the 192 before buying. Would like to get on the longer length at some point for comparison.For my day to day 2-ski quiver for LCC, I am very happy with R11 and original cochise. I do like to get on my spurs for the first half of really deep days, though. Those ski untracked deep powder so well.
    Ya I got mine as a do everything ski for after-pow or packed pow days at Whistler (where is a pain to change skis 1/2 through a day).

Plus I have Candide 5.0 (152-122-140) for the deep days.

Will try my Rustler 11s this weekend and report back. Went +1.8cm. haha
    Last edited by kc_7777; 12-29-2019 at 10:50 PM.

I think Leo skis his 188 R11s at +3 from recommended. I reached out to him to confirm. He's not a big dude by any means.

The mounting points on Rustler are definitely different than the Cochise/Bodacious/Bonafide, quite a bit farther forward.

I ski the 192s on the line and have no issues. Never experienced tip dive. I probably would on the 188 at my size but have only skied it a few times and never on a deep day.

I went 1.5 or 2cm forward on my 188 R11s and have been really happy with them there. I mostly ski OG Spurs on really deep days but have never noticed any tip dive issues on the R11s at that mount point (5'6", 185). I'd like to ski the 192s for a comparison.

Anyone experience top sheet delam / separation at the tail (where tail TPU meets top sheet)? Less than five days; serious bummer. I tried wood glue and and a clamp but that didn’t work with tail vibration.

I will say the steeper the terrain gets the better the 10s perform.

Quote Originally Posted by esseff View Post
    Anyone experience top sheet delam / separation at the tail (where tail TPU meets top sheet)? Less than five days; serious bummer. I tried wood glue and and a clamp but that didn’t work with tail vibration.

I will say the steeper the terrain gets the better the 10s perform.
    Wood glue isn't going to cut it. [At all. I doubt it will adhere to any of the materials in a ski, except for perhaps the wood core, but since it's awash in epoxy too, probably not even there.]

Epoxy is what you need.

What's Blizzard up to?

New 2019 Rustler 11s....180cm mounted @ +1.8cm with Pivots. Me 5’7”, 165lbs.

Will go well with my green Dalbello Kryptons.

Gonna try them Sat.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1477.JPG 
Views:	142 
Size:	227.0 KB 
ID:	306945
    Last edited by kc_7777; 12-29-2019 at 10:51 PM.

Warranty is what I need but sending them back is not my idea of slightly convenient. I’ll see if I can find the rep for Bay Area. If not, I’ll just epoxy.

Any suggestion on type of epoxy?

Quote Originally Posted by gregorys View Post

Epoxy is what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by esseff View Post
    Warranty is what I need but sending them back is not my idea of slightly convenient. I’ll see if I can find the rep for Bay Area. If not, I’ll just epoxy.

Any suggestion on type of epoxy?
    G Flex 650.

Talking Rustler 11 192 mount point

Hi guys, i`m a R11 192 owner, Alps skier, 184cm for 88kg.
    This year i moved to Dal Bello Lupo HD from Dobbermann 150 and, considering i use A LOT foot to ski i`m feeling a little bit less strong on my Rustler!
    It`s like now the horses are for giving me less than the past with race boots.
    Probably i`m one year older and weaker legs than past year ), but i was wondering if could be an idea to move +2 the bindings (Jester 16), to have my Rustler more playful.
    What do you think?