Page 69 of 109 FirstFirst ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 2711
    Hey banditman,

If he likes the 184cm M102...then he would like the 188cm R11. As I found the 177cm M102 long feeling, and I love the 180cm R11.

Hoping to see you at Whistler this winter.

KC

Quote Originally Posted by gregorys View Post
    I've got an OG 183 Katana, that's nearly flawless, that I picked up last year. The few times I skied it, I wasn't overly impressed. I keep thinking I should give it more chances, but I could be persuaded to part with it.

Year? 2013 and if willing to ship to a canuckistanian I'd be willing to buy it yesterday for a fair price. But do at least take it out more, those skis deserve to be drove. Hard.

Quote Originally Posted by volklpowdermaniac View Post
    Did anyone get time on the newest green/blue diamond spurs? Care to comment, Was reading back and it seems like when they started to get discussed the topic went a little tangential into other spur vintages and different skis? Or maybe I missed it
    I have a pair, probably got about 10-15 days on them last winter. I had them mounted with light touring bindings(MTN). I liked them a lot for the day after a storm when things were starting to settle and have wind/sun affect. I think the faster nature of that snow suited them much better than deep/fresh pow where I frequently felt like I couldn’t get going fast enough to really enjoy the stability and directionality.

Ultimately, I think I’ll be selling them this fall as I ski in more confined terrain on the deeper days and want something a bit more nimble and fun at lower speeds.

@Phatty and @kc_7777 - thanks for the input. He does like to ski fast and I do believe that the 180 could be a frustrating limitation. Perhaps there will be some drilled once minty R11 180’s in GS soon…unless anyone wants to trade for some 188’s.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    @Phatty and @kc_7777 - thanks for the input. He does like to ski fast and I do believe that the 180 could be a frustrating limitation. Perhaps there will be some drilled once minty R11 180’s in GS soon…unless anyone wants to trade for some 188’s.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    You are welcome to borrow mine. Need big feet, though. My son wears a 28.5.

My answer to everything.
    Find some Bodacious'.

Seriously. I've seen a few pop up around on CL etc.
    (I picked up a spare 186 OG pair for ~$100 flat last spring. Search tempest is your friend.)

If the Enforcer was not stable enough that will fix that. (Though it's not like the Bodacious is "playful" - depending on how much that matters.)

I'd be skeptical, putting a crazy 17yo on Russlers, either size, when he felt the enforcers weren't stout enough.
    (I ski with one of my good friends' 17y/o and he's crushing it. Dad's not as stupid as I, so the son and I get on great, skiing together.)

I thought the 186 Enforcer 104's were not enough ski. Too turny. Tail was too washy. Didn't like to be driven. Love my 188 Rustler 11's. Also like 185 Cochises, 188 Corvus. Rustlers are less damp but they will track straight through all sorts of snow. They're an easy ski that doesn't object to being skied hard.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeMagnet View Post
    Year? 2013 and if willing to ship to a canuckistanian I'd be willing to buy it yesterday for a fair price. But do at least take it out more, those skis deserve to be drove. Hard.
    I think it's the 2011-2012 version.
    These... (though in 183)
    Name:  volkl-katana-skis-2011-.jpg
Views: 775
Size:  85.9 KB

As for giving them more of a chance - I should probably put some early days on them this year, and decide one way or the other. It's not like they're bad, they're just not quite as good as the rest of the quiver.
    I think N1CK wanted first right of refusal. (He picked them up from the CL seller, and shipped them to me. He said, IIRC, they were the "mint-est" pair of used skis he'd ever seen.)
    It's too bad I haven't liked them more. (I'll move it to GS, should I decide to pass them to someone else.)
    Last edited by gregorys; 09-27-2021 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    You are welcome to borrow mine. Need big feet, though. My son wears a 28.5.
    I have 188’s with STH2 16’s but I’m a 25.5 and he is a 27.5, so he cannot ski them. Might have to take you up on that offer.

My answer to everything.
    Find some Bodacious'.

Seriously. I've seen a few pop up around on CL etc.
    (I picked up a spare 186 OG pair for ~$100 flat last spring. Search tempest is your friend.)

If the Enforcer was not stable enough that will fix that. (Though it's not like the Bodacious is "playful" - depending on how much that matters.)

I'd be skeptical, putting a crazy 17yo on Russlers, either size, when he felt the enforcers weren't stout enough.
    (I ski with one of my good friends' 17y/o and he's crushing it. Dad's not as stupid as I, so the son and I get on great, skiing together.)
    He probably would like an OG Bodacious. I still kick myself that I sold a pair of the second year 186 model for like $200 with only a few days on them. What was I thinking?!?

These... (though in 183)

As for giving them more of a chance - I should probably put some early days on them this year, and decide one way or the other. It's not like they're bad, they're just not quite as good as the rest of the quiver.
    I think N1CK wanted first right of refusal. (He picked them up from the CL seller, and shipped them to me. He said, IIRC, they were the "mint-est" pair of used skis he'd ever seen.)
    It's too bad I haven't liked them more. (I'll move it to GS, should I decide to pass them to someone else.)
    ..One year too early. The search continues, and N1CK can keep his right unchallenged.

DGMW much as i'd wish to make up for lost time on those legendary sticks, old skis are old skis. Not by outdated design, just flat out old materials exposed to the elements/worn out by use/who-knows-what-the-fuck. If i'm going more than a couple years back, it's to ski them into the ground and then put them on the wall (or pairing ancient straights with a fart bag for those days). And for that I demand the Dragon topsheets to go opposite the Mantras I picked up recently.

B.O.T.

If a 17 year old's complaining about 185 E110's having a speed limit, Rustlers I feel are definitely gonna fold over on him, esp should he fill in and get heavier in the following years. 188 to 185 is not a huge gap. Bodes, Ranger 115, BG's, maybe one step up to the E115 off the top of my head. Honestly a bit more info on how he goes down the mountain would narrow things down. Hard to tell if he wants something with stickier edge grip to the snow like the M102, or just wants more heft to smooth out the crap. Ex. the Wildcat compliments the m102 because I savor the soft and naturally back off the aggression, but the long radius keeps it grounded and the ski still has plenty of gas when desired.
    Last edited by SnakeMagnet; 09-27-2021 at 09:49 PM.

He probably would like an OG Bodacious. I still kick myself that I sold a pair of the second year 186 model for like $200 with only a few days on them. What was I thinking?!?
    There's probably enough adjustment to get him in one of my pairs if you want a demo.

There are still a few pairs of the black remade OG floating around out there if you look hard enough. You may want to email MT Hood Meadows. I know they had an old demo pair that was still available late last season but they may have sold since I looked at them last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's Blizzard up to?

Quote Originally Posted by m04e1d View Post
    I have a pair, probably got about 10-15 days on them last winter. I had them mounted with light touring bindings(MTN). I liked them a lot for the day after a storm when things were starting to settle and have wind/sun affect. I think the faster nature of that snow suited them much better than deep/fresh pow where I frequently felt like I couldn’t get going fast enough to really enjoy the stability and directionality.

Ultimately, I think I’ll be selling them this fall as I ski in more confined terrain on the deeper days and want something a bit more nimble and fun at lower speeds.
    Had a chat with this guy some time ago and he was pretty happy skiing them in tight spots ! Mount point was pushed further +1 or 2 tho.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CI4NHFIH...dium=copy_link

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
    Last edited by Gweilo; 09-28-2021 at 07:39 AM.

What didn’t you like about them? Or was it just time to move along to try new?

Quote Originally Posted by AEvospace View Post
    What didn’t you like about them? Or was it just time to move along to try new?
    I liked them just fine. IIRC, this happened the winter I was unexpectedly laid off from my job. Single income household with a bunch of kids meant I panicked and sold a bunch of stuff. Oh well, I hope the new owner skied the heck out of them.

These... (though in 183)

sell away, I don't need 'em! thanks for remembering though.
    (and yes they really were truly as-new)

I have 188’s with STH2 16’s but I’m a 25.5 and he is a 27.5, so he cannot ski them. Might have to take you up on that offer.
    I picked up a pair of R11 188’s with demo bindings this summer. Perhaps we could swap for a few runs with your K108 191’s at Crystal this winter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...acious-w-STH13

I say go for it if you can. I'd have to re-mount if I did, and that might just fit jr's BSL.

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    There's probably enough adjustment to get him in one of my pairs if you want a demo.
    Same here...
    I've got demos on two pairs. (True OG's and the newer black ones.)
    BM; - you guys come to MHM/PDX and I'll hook you up for a day.

Probably will have two pairs of R11s going up for sale soon for those who may be interested:

My pair from last year, 192cm, two mounts with BF inserts, 1) for STH 16s @~ +2; 2) inserts for shifts @~ +1.5. I have one person already interested and will give them priority once I tune them up for sale.

The pair I was thinking of replacing them with, 188s, 21/22 model in plastic. Ultimately, I think I will use my m-free 108s and zero G 105s for all my purposes this season, so the need for this ski as a 50/50 ski is overkill for my quiver now that I got my hands on the zero Gs.

Will make a post with all the skis bloating my quiver in gear swap soon.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

BM, good luck with sticks for yr kid.

I love my '15 Bodacious at +1.(||+1.5). They're not 'playful' but they're not the handful that many make them out to be. What they are is a lot of fun because you never worry what's on your feet, they're entirely dependable. Hold an edge well, incredible for how wide they are, and make almost any snow condition just fine.

My only complaint is they're a bit wide, I wish they were about 5mm narrower.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    My only complaint is they're a bit wide, I wish they were about 5mm narrower.
    I had a spare pair of these and I was really thinking about having my local shop cut them turn them into a 100mm ski.

But then I realized it would cost more than it was probably worth, so I bought a Cochise instead. And a Bonafide 97.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

^^ tempting! My quiver is also filled at this spot, but....

Anybody able to share a rocker/camber photo of the new old 186 Bodacious? The black AB remake.

Or measurments of the rocker and camber profiles?