Page 60 of 109 FirstFirst ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 2711
    The Rustler Core is a blend of Beach, Poplar, Bamboo, and Paulownia. The Paulownia is the center stringer in that core. It is reinforced with unidirectional carbon stringers over the center of the core to give the ski more stiffness and performance without weight gain.

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post

Or just get a Bodacious finally, after all these years...
    https://www.evo.com/skis/blizzard-bo...skis-2021-.jpg

What's Blizzard up to?

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    The Rustler Core is a blend of Beach, Poplar, Bamboo, and Paulownia. The Paulownia is the center stringer in that core. It is reinforced with unidirectional carbon stringers over the center of the core to give the ski more stiffness and performance without weight gain.
    Imagine an R11 with a heavier core...I know, it would be less R11 and more Bodacious but that sounds amazing for me in the PNW.

And Tuco might be willing to buy a pair...
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Imagine an R11 with a heavier core...I know, it would be less R11 and more Bodacious but that sounds amazing for me in the PNW.

The 192 is what you seek

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMarkus View Post
    If it was an ON3P it wouldn't have snapped I bet.
    But then he’d be on a ski that skis like shit, which if he’s on a blizzard, he clearly wants a ski that skis well

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

^^^sometimes it's the pilot

I'm willing now dude. I would just approach them as a 50/50 option and on a deal

Any chance of bringing junior race skis back together US markets so I don’t have to buy them from Italy?

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Finally got out on the 189 bonafide 97s on some dust/accumulating snow on crust. Quite pleased with how these sweet bastards do their job

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6nnnZviSOw

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    Finally got out on these sweet bastards on some dust/accumulating snow on crust. Quite pleased with how they skied.

F Ya man, ripping out there! Those skis look pretty fun.

Finally got out on the 189 bonafide 97s on some dust/accumulating snow on crust. Quite pleased with how these sweet bastards do their job

Klauss I’ve been getting stoked on your POV’s for atleast 10 years at this point. You still shred as hard as ever! How old are you now?

All this balsa wood talk led me to a beers open deal for some new R11's.

Gold, White, or Forza 1.0 pivots? I'm leaning gold.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post

Mine are orange and forza looks great. Enjoy

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

That talk should have led you to buying 2

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Klauss I’ve been getting stoked on your POV’s for atleast 10 years at this point. You still shred as hard as ever! How old are you now?
    thanks pretzel. I reckon i've been skiing for close to 40 seasons now

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0062.JPG 
Views:	164 
Size:	186.5 KB 
ID:	368368

More of an STH guy but will rock Pivots if I have to...

Nothing but compliments on this combo....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	354B4BF1-B28B-4226-8D63-434BDE355107.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	198.7 KB 
ID:	368399Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9581.JPG 
Views:	155 
Size:	166.9 KB 
ID:	368400

This is a sweet vid Klauss. Any comparison to a mantra? And have you skied both the 189 and 183? I'm 5'11 185, generally ski 188-190s, but being influenced by the Blister review of these which says go shorter.
    "Dude - I'd kick his ass. I can take my ski-off so fucking fast." - Jongsy

I’m 6’2 and 200 lbs and 183 in B97 is plenty ski for me. Personally wouldn’t want to go longer on this one - it’s a lot of ski (and I love it).

What's Blizzard up to?

If I was 185 lbs I’d probably personally lean to 183 - without having skied it. It should still let you push it. I am stoked on the 189 and it works well for me. I really liked the 2018 in a 187 and this feels a touch better somehow all around

If I was 185 lbs I’d probably personally lean to 183 - without having skied it. It should still let you push it. I am stoked on the 189 and it works well for me. I really liked the 2018 in a 187 and this feels a touch better somehow all around
    Thanks, that’s very helpful. Your video had me thinking not to worry about it and go 189, ha! Going to try and ski them and if not just decide.
    "Dude - I'd kick his ass. I can take my ski-off so fucking fast." - Jongsy

Quote Originally Posted by noslow View Post
    Just wanted to post a PSA on a slept on series that has gone through a major reform this year and takes a lot of the great qualities of skis mentioned in this thread(and Dynastar and Enforcer thread) is the 2021 Faction Candide line. Been floored by how good they are a just ordered my 3rd pair in the line yesterday.
    They moved all their ski construction into the Fisher ski plant, now use heavier wood core materials and the quality of construction is MILES better than before. Models have gained 200-400grams vs last years versions. Mild tip/tail taper so they still have good edge grip.
    All have a forward factory Candide mount point and then you measure back 1.5cm(like I did) for the “progressive” mount point or back 3.0cm for the “traditional” mount point if you drive your skis more and like more traditional mounts.

I got the 183cm 2.0 this year on a deal from a local rep thinking if I didn’t like it, I’d sell it and be even. The ski weighs(2280gr) and flexes similar to a 2021 Bonifide 97 but has rubber damping tip/tail/underfoot, so it’s like an even quieter Bonafide that’s a twin tip. Still playful in bumps and trees and a 20m radius so doesn’t mind going straight at speed too. Sold my Enforcer 104 and Fisher 102 FR as this was a more stable, powerful carver that’s damper with better edge grip. Not the greatest float for it’s 102mm width with it’s narrow tip though.

Liked the 2.0 so much I got the 184cm 3.0(112mm) with mine weighing 2210 grams and has a full poplar core and a very solid build as well. Loses the extra rubber damping of the 1.0 and 2.0 as well as the extra titanal sheet above the base for rail protection but still a pretty damp ski.
    A 21m radius in this length and very comfortable at all speeds. Shocking how good the grip and carving ability the ski has for it’s width and yet it’s an absolute blast in moguls and tight trees. Reminds me a lot of the 192cm MFree 108 but easier to manage in really tight spots for my 6’2”/175lb size. The 190cm version goes to 23m radius and adds another 50grams or so of weight. Could see a lot of Rustler 11 fans who want a beefier ski without much weight gain liking this ski as well as Enforcer 110 fans that a higher top end and better carving ability.

Still some Spring Deals out there on them so I wanted to pass on my findings in case someone sees deals on this ski that many don’t know about. Just ordered a pair of the 183cm 1.0 that I might use as a low tide/daily driver in the East Coast ski.

Cheers
    Great info...

You could start a Faction thread and share it there, unless one already exists.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Great info...

You could start a Faction thread and share it there, unless one already exists.
    Which in polite words means stop cunting this place with your Faction Candide shit and start your own thread.

Sorry, just couldn’t resist...

You guys make it sound like I brought up ON3P on the Dynastar thread or something.....lol
    With all this talk of broken Rustler 11s and some people wanting more playful Bonafide 97s, I thought the Factions as other options.

Moved the post to it’s own thread. Carry on!

My rustler 11 remain in fine condition and I’ve hit stuff like tree branches and roots and small rocks.

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)