Page 68 of 107 FirstFirst ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 2671
    Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Well. Not the biggest fan of groooomerz.
    I feel you, I'm on a similar boat. You go even wider though. I just meant they are your "thin" skis.

Noticed there are two marks on the 2020 zero g 105.

I wonder if anyone has been skiing on the more centered one, which seems to be +2 ? Any difference ? On the way up or down ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gweilo View Post

Noticed there are two marks on the 2020 zero g 105.

I wonder if anyone has been skiing on the more centered one, which seems to be +2 ? Any difference ? On the way up or down ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
    5'8" 175 lbs, mounted on the rear mark, no complaints . . .

same for me, rear line

i can feel/imagine the foward line when going slow/short turns on a groomer, then the ski sucks me forward a bit.
    a soon you open up and carve the factory line feels 100% right. also in technical steep terrain factory line feels natural.

the ski is a dream. it is super easy to ski in powder! almost not noticeable if the snow is supreme.... like a feather

in variable also fantastic, can hold some speed and is very predictable.
    i love this ski.
    me 175cm and 75kg and i went with the 172cm ski for long tours (bla bla)

i am thinking of buying the 180cm too cause it skies so easy : )

Any updates to the zero G- line this year?

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    Any updates to the zero G- line this year?
    NGT

Did anyone get time on the newest green/blue diamond spurs? Care to comment, Was reading back and it seems like when they started to get discussed the topic went a little tangential into other spur vintages and different skis? Or maybe I missed it
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

I skied them for a couple/few runs @ a demo day 2 yrs ago on a very inappropriate day for a 129@ 189 waisted ski. They handled conditions quite well and I had a good time on them. Same build as Rustler(?-WBack). They were pretty light as I remember. Fun ski, I could see them being quite fun in softer snowClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200210_124744.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	907.6 KB 
ID:	384885

What's Blizzard up to?

Ya I was pretty interested in these then read a few online reviews. Reviews weren’t that inspiring…and hard to find. Haven’t met anyone who has skied them.

They seem pretty directional. I like my pow skis more surfy. Eg. Own Icelantic Nomad 115s, Dynastar Protos, Blizzard Rustler 11s. The new Spur mount point is in that -10 to -11 cm territory. Which always upsets me. Haha.

I do like the graphic though. I wish my Rustler 11s and Rustler 9s had similar top sheets.
    Last edited by kc_7777; 09-09-2021 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    I wish my Rustler 11s and Rustler 9s had similar top sheets.
    I love my Rustlers, but the topsheets belong on rental skis.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I love my Rustlers, but the topsheets belong on rental skis.
    A lot of Blizzard topsheets are pretty terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    A lot of Blizzard topsheets are pretty terrible.
    I kinda disagree as their main design criteria seemingly is to make sure that they are not disliked by lots of folks, not that they are loved by lots. Kinda uninspiring yes, but they look plenty good on snow and do not sabotage sales to the masses. As such, they sound like plenty good graphics to me

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    Ya I was pretty interested in these then read a few online reviews. Reviews weren’t that inspiring…and hard to find. Haven’t met anyone who has skied them.

They seem pretty directional. I like my pow skis more surfy. Eg. Own Icelantic Nomad 115s, Dynastar Protos, Blizzard Rustler 11s. The new Spur mount point is in that -10 to -11 cm territory. Which always upsets me. Haha.

I do like the graphic though. I wish my Rustler 11s and Rustler 9s had similar top sheets.
    IDK man. Really no less directional than the proto w/ basically same tip and tail dims and wider waist. Should surf just fine!
    I don't think those mounting recs have been chiseled in stone either, I mean.....

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    I kinda disagree as their main design criteria seemingly is to make sure that they are not disliked by lots of folks, not that they are loved by lots. Kinda uninspiring yes, but they look plenty good on snow and do not sabotage sales to the masses. As such, they sound like plenty good graphics to me
    Maybe I shouldn’t have said “are” and should have said “have been”.
    Since the first AB Bodacious came out, they had a few good looking skis, and a lot of really terrible sheets. Until they went with the more simple solid colours. Even now they have a handful of good ones, but most are pretty un-inspiring. I would rather get a used green R11 than a NIP orange/red pair.
    But the shop-rat Bonafide 97 is the hawtness. It’s the first new/new ski I’ve bought in a long time.

-Death

Kaz is my co-pilot

I like Blizzard and Kastle top sheets for their plain and solid lines and tame as much as I dislike MOMENT and most K2 top sheets for their outrageous "artsy" look. Having said that, IMHO, so far as top sheets go, no one comes close to PRAXIS.
    Also, Blizzard is responsible for my favorite top sheet ever aka Titan Pro and Titan 9.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Blizzard adjacent post:

Looking to move on from my 184 v4 mantra (100 flat underfoot) for a hard snow daily
    Didn’t like: enforcer, invictus ti
    PNW, Alpental, Whistler, stevens etc etc etc (other in quiver : bodacious, automatic 109, a big fat powder stick, and some dynafit beast 108 with tech)
    Bonafide 97?
    Last years bonafide - can find cheap
    Mantra 102 - can find cheap
    M6 mantra?
    M5 mantra - can find cheap
    Black diamond daemon? Justis?

Like: minimal to no camber, metal, more traditional mount point (at least on the more traditional side)
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Quote Originally Posted by volklpowdermaniac View Post
    Blizzard adjacent post:

Looking to move on from my 184 v4 mantra (100 flat underfoot) for a hard snow daily
    PNW, Alpental, Whistler, stevens etc etc etc (other in quiver : bodacious, automatic 109, a big fat powder stick, and some dynafit beast 108 with tech)
    Bonafide 97?
    M6 mantra?

Like: minimal to no camber, metal, more traditional mount point (at least on the more traditional side)
    Owned the M4 184 Mantra (subtle full rocker, 100-mm waist). The evolution of that ski is the Mantra M102…but it’s better. You listed a few other great skis, but it’s the M102 you are after. It would be my Stevens Pass daily driver, but I bought the Katana K108 and like that better…or rather it was better for our 600” season last year.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Owned the M4 184 Mantra (subtle full rocker, 100-mm waist). The evolution of that ski is the Mantra M102…but it’s better. You listed a few other great skis, but it’s the M102 you are after. It would be my Stevens Pass daily driver, but I bought the Katana K108 and like that better…or rather it was better for our 600” season last year.
    Thanks man.

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Blizzard adjacent post:

Bonafide 97?
    M6 mantra?

I really like the Bodacious, so much that I have a AB 186, and a “Spur’d” 193.
    I’ve picked up a 189 Bonafide 97 to be my skinny ski. I was using a 185 Cochise, but it felt short and 193 seemed a little long for an every day/low tide ski.

-Death

Kaz is my co-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    I really like the Bodacious, so much that I have a AB 186, and a “Spur’d” 193.
    I’ve picked up a 189 Bonafide 97 to be my skinny ski. I was using a 185 Cochise, but it felt short and 193 seemed a little long for an every day/low tide ski.

Nice, did you get on the 97 end of last year? (Can’t remember when it was released)

fuck that noise.

gmen.

VPM, you might also consider the Black Crows Corvus. It's flat under foot, lighter and probably looser than the Volkls, but it can still haul, and is really fun and capable on hard snow.

Nice, did you get on the 97 end of last year? (Can’t remember when it was released)
    I wasn’t able to get onto a demo, but I was made an offer I couldn’t refuse on a pair, so I figured if it didn’t like them I could just sell them the to the Collective.

And like the other poster said, the Daemon and Corvus are both possible replacements if the B97 doesn’t work out. Low, reverse camber and flat tails.

-Death

Kaz is my co-pilot

Blizzard adjacent post:

I've got an OG 183 Katana, that's nearly flawless, that I picked up last year. The few times I skied it, I wasn't overly impressed. I keep thinking I should give it more chances, but I could be persuaded to part with it.

(I'm not really trying to sell it, but like I said, I could be convinced.)
    I've now got two pairs of the OG Bodacious, which I like much better, so perhaps I should just enjoy skiing them until I or the skis wear out. (Likely me.)

I didn't love the old orange Bonafide. It was solid, but kinda "Meh" compared to the Cochise. (Super "meh" compared to the OG Cochise.)

I've not skied either, but the new Cochise, or the new Katana seem like good options.
    (Though for a semi *hard snow* ski, both seem less than ideal. Kastle FX94,95,96 or MX instead?)
    Brahma?

I've gone a bit extreme, and my hard snow ski is a GS ski. Once it's even moderately soft, I go to the Cochise or Bodacious.
    If I could find a cheap pair of Kastle FX-HP's or MX (90-100mm) I'd probably do that.

Looking for a second opinion (or 3rd, 4th, or 5th…this is pre-winter TGR after all) on Rustler 11 length for my 17-yo son. He is 155-lbs and 5’ 10”. Pretty Athletic and hits the gym to do strength training 4-5 times a week. His daily driver is a Mantra M102 in 184 length.

I’m looking for a fatter travel ski to complement his M102’s. He had 185 Enforcer 110’s in this slot last year but claimed they had a speed limit, which he isn’t wrong about.

So, I picked up some 180 Rustler 11’s for him. but am a little worried they will be too short. We take trips to Whistler (fingers crossed for this season) and UT every year, so this would be fat ski that nobody buys anymore part of the quiver.

Thoughts?
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Looking for a second opinion (or 3rd, 4th, or 5th…this is pre-winter TGR after all) on Rustler 11 length for my 17-yo son. He is 155-lbs and 5’ 10”. Pretty Athletic and hits the gym to do strength training 4-5 times a week. His daily driver is a Mantra M102 in 184 length.

I’m looking for a fatter travel ski to complement his M102’s. He had 185 Enforcer 110’s in this slot last year but claimed they had a speed limit, which he isn’t wrong about.

So, I picked up some 180 Rustler 11’s for him. but am a little worried they will be too short. We take trips to Whistler (fingers crossed for this season) and UT every year, so this would be fat ski that nobody buys anymore part of the quiver.

Thoughts?
    I had my 17yo and similar size on the 180 last year and he loved them. He's grown a bit and I'm debating the 188 for him. I'm probably going to give him some of my hand me down BGs for his fat ski.

I think Bandit Jr will be fine on either, but depends on how hard/fast he's pushing them. If he's going to grow and get stronger, probably go 188. I'm sure you have stuff in the demo fleet he can find to use.