Page 64 of 108 FirstFirst ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 2680
    Right forum and right thread...

I own the 196 Bode and 192 Rustler 11 and you are talking about 2 completely different skis... I have way more time on the Bodes so what specifically are you looking for...?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Bodacious is heavy as fuck, and (hence) stable as fuck. I think it is a pretty cool powderski, but it needs a bit of speed to come alive. It also carves OK, bit not very exciting, and again, needs speed (and/or a heavy & skilled skier) to carve shorter turns

Rustler is lighter, not as stable, but more fun on low speeds, more 'fun' in powder, and can carve without going crazy fast. It feels more alive than the Bode, which can feel a bit dead.

I love both, used to ski the Bodacious (186) a ton but nowadays spend more time on the Rustler(188). My legs are less tired at the end of the day. The rustler is one of the most versatile skis I know, and still plenty stable for most.
    I am 178cm and 68kg fwiw (5'10, 155lbs??)

186 bodacious isn’t enough float for you unless your going slow. If you can’t get the 196 and give it room to move get the 192 Rustler. It’s beefier than the 188, and floats the best of the three skis mentioned. Sure not as heavy and smooth as a 196 Bod but it’s pretty stable. I’d rather ski powder on a 192 Rustler than a 196 Bodacious or any other ski in the 196 Bodacious category.

Thank you all very much for your reply!
    186 bodacious isn’t enough float for you unless your going slow
    I thought it required some speed to float, or not?
    so what specifically are you looking for...?
    I mostly ski alpine terrain with big fast turns so tight spot manuverability in not a priority. My main concern is if the Bodacious will fell locked into the turn and if its a bit short for its use and my size (not that much floatation wise),
    But i am also worried that the Rustler will get knocked around much when going fast through variable.
    Is the 192 rustler 11 close to the 186 Bodacious in terms of stability, or the bodacious is on another class?

Thanks again!!

Just don't get the Rustler 10. Those tips will grab any variable and turn the ski uphill. It turned me away. Never skied the 11.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Straightline1 View Post
    Is the 192 rustler 11 close to the 186 Bodacious in terms of stability, or the bodacious is on another class?

Thanks again!!
    Winner winner, chicken dinner... I think we have THE question for us internet readers who don't swap sizes per ski class.

If you tell me a 192 Rustler 11 will stick the same lines as a 186 Bodacious, but then also be more playful, I will vomit in my mouth and eat it.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post

If you tell me a 192 Rustler 11 will stick the same lines as a 186 Bodacious, but then also be more playful, I will vomit in my mouth and eat it.
    It's the archer, not the arrow.

Winner winner, chicken dinner... I think we have THE question for us internet readers who don't swap sizes per ski class.

In soft snow? Absolutely. The 192 Rustler 11 is pretty close to what the 193 Bodacious was supposed to be. Homie stated he is looking for a pow ski. The 186 Bodacious doesn’t have the float and tip length to ski fast in deep snow at his size. Sure it’s more stable in chopped up crud, but we’re talking pow skis.

196 Bodacious would tick the boxes except finding a pair. I wouldn’t worry about it becoming too locked in. It’s pretty easy to brake loose and pivot a turn or smear out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1617904312.930517.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	370881

Finally got my sister back into skiing after 10 years. Just mounted Sheeva 9’s for her and Rustler 9’s for me.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Just don't get the Rustler 10. Those tips will grab any variable and turn the ski uphill. It turned me away. Never skied the 11.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    The 11s are a totally different ski. That's why this thread keeps returning to people wishing the 10 was more like a skinny 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Straightline1 View Post
    Thank you all very much for your reply!

I thought it required some speed to float, or not?

I mostly ski alpine terrain with big fast turns so tight spot manuverability in not a priority. My main concern is if the Bodacious will fell locked into the turn and if its a bit short for its use and my size (not that much floatation wise),
    But i am also worried that the Rustler will get knocked around much when going fast through variable.

Thanks again!!
    I have several skis in the 115+ range and the 196 Bodes are one of my absolute favorites... They do weigh a shit ton but for the weight and flex I do not find them overly demanding at all... The rocker profile is absolutely spot on and I found them to hook up on groomers like a freight train... If you have room to run them they are hard to beat... No way in hell would I choose to take them through trees or bumps... You can throw them sideways with no problem but obviously the Rustler is looser...

With that said the Rustler 11 is no slouch and does a better job in soft snow... The Rustler is an easy going ski but still has balls... There is no way a 186 Bode is going to float as well as a 192 Rustler... The Rustler is a Swiss Army knife and for what you are looking for this is the ski I would choose...

Quite a few competitive skiers still use the R11, sso it's hard to deny that it can ski some gnarly stuff. It's not as stiff as the Bodacious, but it does kind of appear to stick a similar line.

Comes down to the pilot and their preferences.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Depends on the skier, but you'd better be ready to eat your tossed cookies. I don't ride the Bodes, but between the 193 OG Cochise (which I imagine is at least close enough to the Bodes for this comparison) and 192 R11, I'd take the 11 in almost every scenario other than break-neck speed through firm chop. In that case, it's tough to beat the stability and composure that you get from a ski with 2 sheets of full length metal. But, at least in the 192, the R11 is plenty stable for high speed descents and is easier/more fun to throw sideways at speed and then hook back into an arc where I find myself just linking high speed slarves on the Cochise.

I think it depends on ski style whether you would prefer one over the other. I definitely find myself being more of a basher on the Cochise, taking out everything on my path with sheer force whereas I will take a more playful approach to the mountain on the 11, finding more transfer airs and such. There's a time and place for both, but I just have more fun on the 11 regardless of conditions.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gnar_Shralp406 View Post
    Depends on the skier, but you'd better be ready to eat your tossed cookies. I don't ride the Bodes, but between the 193 OG Cochise (which I imagine is at least close enough to the Bodes for this comparison) and 192 R11, I'd take the 11 in almost every scenario other than break-neck speed through firm chop. In that case, it's tough to beat the stability and composure that you get from a ski with 2 sheets of full length metal. But, at least in the 192, the R11 is plenty stable for high speed descents and is easier/more fun to throw sideways at speed and then hook back into an arc where I find myself just linking high speed slarves on the Cochise.

I think it depends on ski style whether you would prefer one over the other. I definitely find myself being more of a basher on the Cochise, taking out everything on my path with sheer force whereas I will take a more playful approach to the mountain on the 11, finding more transfer airs and such. There's a time and place for both, but I just have more fun on the 11 regardless of conditions.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I agree with all of this. I've skied quite a bit on 1st and 2nd gen 185 Cochises and the 188 Rustler 11's. No doubt the Cochises are far more damp. But the speed limit on the 11's is high and there are conditions in which I actually ski them faster because I know they'll let me shut things down faster. When snow get funky the 11's still track straight unless you tell them not to (this is the opposite of the 10's that always want to go sideways). 11's are way more fun in bumps and trees. But they don't plow through crap like it isn't there. if you really value skis that smooth out chunky firm conditions then Bodacious/ Cochise is what you're looking for. The 11's aren't in the same class in this regard. I can recall some runs on Cochises where they made some really horrific conditions pretty darn fun- a spring afternoon at Taos when snow started to refreeze and the skis gave zero fucks about the suddenly shitty snow. There were clumps of slush beginning to adhere and solidify and the Cochises would just shave them off like a razor blade while transmitting very little vibration into my legs. It was cheating.

Anybody ski the current gen Spur?

Wow, the new Bonafides are heavy AF! Almost 2300g in the 177cm. Anyone have a weight for the 189cm version? Must be getting close to 191cm Monster 98 territory.

Quote Originally Posted by AEV View Post
    Wow, the new Bonafides are heavy AF! Almost 2300g in the 177cm. Anyone have a weight for the 189cm version? Must be getting close to 191cm Monster 98 territory.
    The new 177 Bonafide weighs more than the new 185 Cochise. Never thought that would happen.

Maybe if we just wait 2 more years guys, the industry will come full circle, and 190cm big mountain skis will weigh 2400-2500g/ski again. Seems like the thinner skis are coming around first.

Props to the companies still making inbounds chargers, Dynastar, Blizzard, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by AEV View Post
    Maybe if we just wait 2 more years guys, the industry will come full circle, and 190cm big mountain skis will weigh 2400-2500g/ski again. Seems like the thinner skis are coming around first.

Props to the companies still making inbounds chargers, Dynastar, Blizzard, etc.
    You don’t really need that weight for a big mountain ski. Check out the Blizzard Bodacious or the Rossignol Black Ops Sender Squad. Neither sells very well, always is available, and are what you are describing. Check them out.

What do you mean?

I personally feel like I do need that weight.. Moment changed there Wildcat to be lighter than the old bibby, and I definitely thought it gave up some stability for more maneuverability.

186cm Bodacious is on my shortlist of skis to buy. Wish it was a few mm thinner, but it's the closest thing to what I want. The 196cm seems fun, but too long for me for a daily driver.

Here's a few weights:

~2550g Prior Overlord glass 193
    ~2450g Billy Goat 189
    ~2420g Wren 114 189
    ~2490g Prior Husume glass 193
    2460/2449g Katana 108 191
    2448 L/2425g Sender Squad 194
    2664/2660g LP105
    2463/2484g Cochise 106 192
    2324/2366g Mantra 102 191

I think this year's Commander 108/118s are maybe beefier than past couple of seasons...?

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bry View Post
    Here's a few weights:

~2550g Prior Overlord glass 193
    ~2450g Billy Goat 189
    ~2420g Wren 114 189
    ~2490g Prior Husume glass 193
    2460/2449g Katana 108 191
    2448 L/2425g Sender Squad 194
    2664/2660g LP105
    2463/2484g Cochise 106 192
    2324/2366g Mantra 102 191

I think this year's Commander 108/118s are maybe beefier than past couple of seasons...?

Yes! Thank you. I was specifically looking for that Cochise 106 192 weight. It's heavier than the 191 Katana 108! And with a solid 24m radius instead of that triple radius mumbo jumbo (tbf, I haven't skied, but critical, long story). I knew Blizzard would have me covered. I'm in Technica boots right now, and it's the first time I sized up to the 28.5 size and feel good. I have a thin foot.

I'm trying to be low key about it, kinda realizing it today, but I may need a 189 Bonafide, a 192 Cochise 106, and a 186 Bodacious. Those combined with what I currently got, would be ultimate quiver for my style. I complain about how companies don't have skis that suit me, when I think I'm just afraid of becoming a Blizzard Technica fanboi. Dive in

Serendipity? I have a pair of 192 cochise 106 with mounted w pivots for a 325 bsl/28.5 tecnica boot... Happened upon some minty OGs and was gonna set these free.

Thank you all guys!!!
    I Think I will go with the bodacious as any lack of stability scares my more than any lack of float, and here in Greece we don't get that much snow,
    Also I understand that the Bodacious is a one of a kind ski and it will be hard to find it or find something similar in the future.

That’s a good point. Lots of companies are trying to recreate the rustler series. No one is busy trying to build the next Bodacious.