Page 50 of 109 FirstFirst ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 2711
    Quote Originally Posted by ntblanks View Post
    [realizing this is the Blizzard thread]

since it came up, would you care to share thoughts about what conditions are a good fit for the flat-tail mx99? i can't imagine taking it off piste unless i was 100% sure the snow was consistent 10" down or more. is this just a wide piste ski meant to dominate on storm days?
    Yep, the Blizzard thread. Um... I have a few runs on it, a few good friends have a lot more time on it so some of this is second hand.

The beauty of the Bonafide, MX98, the Brahma, and MX89 is that the balance of the woods used in the core, the types of metal in the ski, the type and braid of fiberglass, and the amount of carbon in a ski, creates a consistent well riding ski. The MX99 missed the mark and it’s just not a good ski. People have tried different tunes, different mounts, it just doesn’t ski well. On packed powder groomers, it skis great when carving GS turns, outside that, something just isn’t right with it. I didn’t spend enough time on it to figure it exactly right.

In that waste width, 95-100mm, if you like the Kaestle/Blizzard feel, get the Bonafide. It’s the best ski in that width. Blizzard just keeps getting it correct.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Yep, the Blizzard thread. Um... I have a few runs on it, a few good friends have a lot more time on it so some of this is second hand.

The beauty of the Bonafide, MX98, the Brahma, and MX89 is that the balance of the woods used in the core, the types of metal in the ski, the type and braid of fiberglass, and the amount of carbon in a ski, creates a consistent well riding ski. The MX99 missed the mark and it’s just not a good ski. People have tried different tunes, different mounts, it just doesn’t ski well. On packed powder groomers, it skis great when carving GS turns, outside that, something just isn’t right with it. I didn’t spend enough time on it to figure it exactly right.

In that waste width, 95-100mm, if you like the Kaestle/Blizzard feel, get the Bonafide. It’s the best ski in that width. Blizzard just keeps getting it correct.

thanks man. yeah, seems sking GS-style on softer groomers is the thing.

i own the bone. fell in love last year. curious about OG bones but running 2020s for now.

ok, back to Blizzard talk.

Quote Originally Posted by ntblanks View Post
    thanks man. yeah, seems sking GS-style on softer groomers is the thing.

i own the bone. fell in love last year. curious about OG bones but running 2020s for now.

ok, back to Blizzard talk.
    Bones are awesome. Ski the bones more. I know this will never happen, but if they showed up in a 192/3 one year, I’d grab a few pairs.

Bones are awesome. Ski the bones more. I know this will never happen, but if they showed up in a 192/3 one year, I’d grab a few pairs.

100%

What's Blizzard up to?

Want to say that the rustler 11 continues to impress. Slide easy and release. Go fast, like 11 sure. They remind me of spinal tap. Yeah but these go to 11.

Light and easy for jump turns but stable on the way down. They can be thrown sideways to shut down and then bam back up to speed. Great in the trees and on groomers they rail. I’m 6-3, 195 and 188 is my jam.

Like it says on the sidewall “Live the moment”

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    Want to say that the rustler 11 continues to impress. Slide easy and release. Go fast, like 11 sure. They remind me of spinal tap. Yeah but these go to 11.

Light and easy for jump turns but stable on the way down. They can be thrown sideways to shut down and then bam back up to speed. Great in the trees and on groomers they rail. I’m 6-3, 195 and 188 is my jam.

Like it says on the sidewall “Live the moment”

nice review. getting interested.

Have you skied the 20/21 189? It’s as close to a 192/193 as you can get without actually being that long.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CBD7BFC4-4051-4C7E-B21B-BF5582BD7007.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	470.3 KB 
ID:	356698
    These should be fun

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    Have you skied the 20/21 189? It’s as close to a 192/193 as you can get without actually being that long.....
    I’ll take them for a rip, but I have a nearly new and a new pair of 194 MX98s left. Going to be a few years before I make a change.

Anybody had issues with the sidewalls delamming on the black topsheet Bodacious reissue? At least on my pair, the sidewalls are two piece for some reason, part black, part white, and the two are coming apart on both skis. One of the skis has a bit of an edge compression that might have initiated it, but the other doesn't and it's still coming apart.

Name:	Bode 186.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	993.9 KB 
ID:	358127
    What's Blizzard up to for me are these freshly mounted Bodes in a 186cm. Greatness was recognized with this ski. I had to have another pair. I had the 196cm which I really liked. Ended up selling. My little mole of a ski hill was not worthy of them. Jealous of you peeps that can ski a board like the 196 at Jackson, Snowbird, Whistler, etc. This is going to be an experiment for me doing the downsize thing. At 6' and 220 lbs, typically always go for the longest of whatever. Thinking going from 196 to 186 will make them a little less planky and more versatile. Such a quality built ski. Guess you can say that about all Blizzards.
    Last edited by Fred Pabst; 01-16-2021 at 08:43 AM.

Green spur

Hi there

Thank you for all your insights on the skis we love ! I am a big skier from France (190cm/95kgs), very happy owner of 192 R11 (with a few others ). I'd like to treat myself with the new spurs. Does it makes some sense to mount those with Shifts or PTs ? I have yet to find a good review abt those skis online...

Thank you !

Sure we don't sell Cochise any more, but we sell a ton more Rustler 10s than we ever did Cochise and even with the new Cochise, the Rustler 10 will still be more than double (probably triple) the quantities at least in the US. The Enforcer 110 might be the only ski with metal sold over 100mm in any sort of quantity in the US. People aren't really buying skis like that anymore. Shocking to people here I'm sure but the market for skis like that is tiny in the grand scheme of things. Hoping that changes and I think you're gonna see a shift back toward skis with a little more mass, we'll see.

Sorry you're not interested in any more skis in the line, hopefully if you get a chance to try the new ones you'll change your mind, maybe not.

Forgot there's also a new Spur.

4 sizes. 189, 179, 169, 159.. 129, 127, 125, 123 are the waste widths. Based off the original spur shape with a completely different construction. Haven't skied it in anything super deep. Had a good day at Jackson last Monday on them. 6" on top of the 18" leftovers from the day before. Fun, not super demanding. Small sample set.

Modern take on an old graphic from the 70s. If you ski Jackson you'll probably see an old pair screwed to the outside of Corbet's cabin.

Attachment 311540

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post

Name:	CBD7BFC4-4051-4C7E-B21B-BF5582BD7007.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	470.3 KB 
ID:	356698
    These should be fun
    I'd pay good money for those in 189. Is that like a shop only / proto graphic?

What's Blizzard up to?

Those graphics rule

2021 spur mont point ?

Hello

Currently thinking of moving forward the mount point on the new spurs since it is quite far back compared to the rustlers I used most days (188 and 192). Thinking about +1 on the 189 to make it more centered. Any thoughts about that ? Thank you !

Sure we don't sell Cochise any more, but we sell a ton more Rustler 10s than we ever did Cochise and even with the new Cochise, the Rustler 10 will still be more than double (probably triple) the quantities at least in the US. The Enforcer 110 might be the only ski with metal sold over 100mm in any sort of quantity in the US. People aren't really buying skis like that anymore. Shocking to people here I'm sure but the market for skis like that is tiny in the grand scheme of things. Hoping that changes and I think you're gonna see a shift back toward skis with a little more mass, we'll see.

Sorry you're not interested in any more skis in the line, hopefully if you get a chance to try the new ones you'll change your mind, maybe not.

Forgot there's also a new Spur.

4 sizes. 189, 179, 169, 159.. 129, 127, 125, 123 are the waste widths. Based off the original spur shape with a completely different construction. Haven't skied it in anything super deep. Had a good day at Jackson last Monday on them. 6" on top of the 18" leftovers from the day before. Fun, not super demanding. Small sample set.

Modern take on an old graphic from the 70s. If you ski Jackson you'll probably see an old pair screwed to the outside of Corbet's cabin.

Attachment 311540

Hi Skibrd

Which mount point did you eventually go for ? Are you happy with the skis ? Been advised to mount mine to +1.5 from the center since the recommended is quite far back.

So put them at -8?

What's Blizzard up to?

Quote Originally Posted by Gweilo View Post
    Hi Skibrd

Which mount point did you eventually go for ? Are you happy with the skis ? Been advised to mount mine to +1.5 from the center since the recommended is quite far back.
    For which ski? I can find what the -8 from center comment is related to? Blizzard usually hits the mark with their mount points. I’d go with the recommended and not over think it.

For my Blizzards I’m here:
    Brahmas - on the line
    Rustler 9 - on the line
    Rustler 10 - minus 1
    Bonafide - on the line
    Bodacious - on the line

Thank you, you are right ! It's about the new "green spur" which seems to be a new take of the original. Just found out the matter of the mount point was already covered at lengh on the Spur thread on this forum and I will eventually go with recommended as I did with the rustlers, brahmas and zero gs I own. I am quite big, 188 cm and 94 kilos, but it should be alright. I must say I am quite curious about this ski !

For which ski? I can find what the -8 from center comment is related to? Blizzard usually hits the mark with their mount points. I’d go with the recommended and not over think it.

For my Blizzards I’m here:
    Brahmas - on the line
    Rustler 9 - on the line
    Rustler 10 - minus 1
    Bonafide - on the line
    Bodacious - on the line

Last edited by Gweilo; 01-28-2021 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gweilo View Post
    Thank you, you are right ! It's about the new "green spur" which seems to be a new take of the OG. Just found out the matter of the mount point was already covered at lengh on the Spur thread on this forum and I will eventually go with recommended as I did with the rustlers, brahmas and zero gs. I must say I am quite curious about this ski !
    On my 2019 Bonifide 187s, I prefer a mount +1 forward. On all of my others, Bodacious, Rustler11, Cochise, and Brahmas I’m on the line.

Is blizzard still making the bodacious? I do not see it listed on their website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PNW-skier78 View Post
    Is blizzard still making the bodacious? I do not see it listed on their website.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No, last year was its last. Corbetts in CA had some - $425 new, flat, IIRC.
    Totally wicked ski. I picked up a pair from a local CL listing in 186 this year, and I'm going to ski them till one of us dies.
    (I hope it's the Bodacious that goes first, but it will still be a sad day!)
    They were the black top-sheet version - I love that look too.

Those things are so awesome.

Any insights on the new green Spur? I miss my 1st gen white Spurs so much...

Quote Originally Posted by roQer View Post
    Any insights on the new green Spur? I miss my 1st gen white Spurs so much...
    Is the green one different from the 1st gen? Thought they were the same...
    Never completely clicked with the 1st gen ones, thought they were great in untouched pow , but really exhausting when tracks in it. But thats just me (or me doing to few squads...)

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

WB said it's based off 1st gen w/ a new construction.
    I skied them for a few runs @ Snowbaain demo day in conditions that did not warrant this ski and thought they handled fineClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200210_124744.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	907.6 KB 
ID:	360351

Quote Originally Posted by salx View Post
    Is the green one different from the 1st gen? Thought they were the same...
    Never completely clicked with the 1st gen ones, thought they were great in untouched pow , but really exhausting when tracks in it. But thats just me (or me doing to few squads...)

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
    New spur is based of OG Spur shape but that’s it. Construction is very different. You nailed it that the original Spur went fast in untracked snow really well but anything else and it was a lot of ski. Really hard to shut down, maneuver and adapt to changing snow conditions.

OG Spur was too torsionally stiff in the tip and tail and would just get too locked in. New one is not nearly as stiff and is also a bit lighter in overall construction. Similar shape and rocker profile but a construction that lets you check speed and adapt to tighter more variable snow conditions.