Page 3 of 108 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    I'll tell you what blizzard is up to: making fucking Spurs that fucking rule the world, like a spiny turny slasher for the grown up who doesn't plan on switch but wants to pop off everything and charge

Me and my Spurs today
    This picture was not doctored
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Just ask the most pretentious ski manufacturer in North
    Who's that? I looked at the company I thought of and didn't see anything too dark

Are the dimensions on the cochise different? I see they are still 108 underfoot but look to be a little wider in the tips....
    Go Sox!

The new cochises were made available on the Blizzard pro-form site, I guess in a pretty limited quantity. I missed out. Anybody score a pair?

Those Cochise are sick though it does look like the surface area of the sidecut has been shortened a bit....Curious to see the new Bodacious with taper as I find the Spurs shape has very little in limitations!

The proportions on that Cochise pic seem off. The tip looks way too big. No way this is a real photo (unless it is a rad new design)

Update:
    Cropped the pic in a picture editor and measured at least a 1.4 ratio between the narrowest pixel width on the waist and the fattest section of the tip. If the waist is 108mm that makes the tip at least 151mm wide!. No way. Some kind of photo editor/design distortion here

I was surprised to see the wider tips. That would definitely change up the M.O of that ski as an unhooky charger that was so magnificently showcased in shitfuck conditions.
    Go Sox!

The chances of this "pic" being of accurate proportions are close to nil imo.

A pintail cochise with 14m radius! Everybody would buy one!

Any real details from the pro form offer?

Dims are pretty close to OG. Widest point is moved in a bit so the radius is 1m shorter I think.

The "pro form" deal and the ski pictured is a Ltd edition ski for shop guys only. There were 100 made for the U.S. mostly. The 185s were sold in about 20 minutes. That graphic is not the graphic for retail but that is the ski.

Curious about why got into the trouble of changing for 14/15 and then change again next year...

specially bacause the cochise was the only one with a change for this season

Quote Originally Posted by mfa81 View Post
    Curious about why got into the trouble of changing for 14/15 and then change again next year...

specially bacause the cochise was the only one with a change for this season
    Actually Cochise wasn't the only ski to change. I would also add that year to year change is not necessarily a bad thing. If you feel like you want to make a change, and have the gumption/resources to do so, why would you keep it static. Companies moving forward with new models is never a bad thing in terms of evolution. I guess it's up to the every day retail buyer/skier to ultimately decide whether a manufacturer is moving in the right direction.

Fine balance between making a ski "ski" better and making it sell better. I would imagine that Blizzard ski sales in the US did pretty well with the flipcore line. Now you get corporate pressure to improve units and margins. Will see how that plays out.

Also, if you fear change, buy up old Cochises now. They were dirt cheap all summer and available en masse here in the PNW.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Fine balance between making a ski "ski" better and making it sell better. I would imagine that Blizzard ski sales in the US did pretty well with the flipcore line. Now you get corporate pressure to improve units and margins. Will see how that plays out.

Also, if you fear change, buy up old Cochises now. They were dirt cheap all summer and available en masse here in the PNW.
    More skis have been changed not for the better because of this. They will appeal to the masses but really not ski as good i find. We went from straight to {shaped} skis,to rocker in the tip to full rocker. Then to pin tailed rocker with or without camber and now all of the above with a 5 point side cut.. Some of the best skis to ski are still just shaped full camber skis with maybe a little tip rocker like some kastle skis. Depends on what the ski if for. Buy making skis with a specific geometry they can re introduce the quiver. There are some mighty fine one ski quivers for the most part out right now. But that means less ski sales. Unless your happy with skidding down a groomer. One ski for powder one for groomers is twice the sales??. Or if your a nut case like me you have 10 pairs of skis and always pick the wrong one on any given day. haha Today I should take my 92mm carvers for some cold hard snow groomer ripping and good enough for some left overs. but Im going to ski my 100mm 5point full rockered ski just in case god put something there i didnt see yesterday when it dumped a foot.

The new ski looks great I think! Very DPS with a longer effective edge with less splay and flip core rather than rocker. Might be a winner? Carver and slasher all in one? Sort of a Savory 7 look to it with the contact moved more forward with a Blizzard feel sound good to me. If you look at the [winners} in the ski mag tests at all this is the {shape} that won the golds as far as that goes. Flip core and there ski in general was gold a couple years ago but not this year. Like it or not that means change if they want to sell to the masses. Every one wants the Gold medal ski or the one that ranks the highest in the tests. Thats just the way it is unfortunately some times. My guess is next year Blizzard will win the gold medal ski of the year with this new ski because of the changes for all mountain wide skis. that means sales. marketing is everything. For me its how they ski. What skis great for you wont for me necessarily unless im between 5ft 9 and 6ft weigh between 160 and 190 have between a size 9-10.5 foot then we can agree on the same ski. Most skis are built for that sized male skier. If your way bigger or lighter you have to try alot of skis to find one that works for you.
    FACTION

not mine:

Quote Originally Posted by Judo Chop! View Post
    not mine:
    Wonder where they got the idea to use that top sheet structure?
    simen@downskis.com DOWN SKIS

Quote Originally Posted by SiSt View Post
    who the fuck cares?

Probably from some Blizzard employee?

Maybe the guy who drinks all that Red Bull and espresso.

It's a dumb comment, I agree. It's just that we've been using it for the last two years and it seems to be coming into fashion for next year with blizzard, head et al.
    simen@downskis.com DOWN SKIS

From a maggots' company which got an award (also) for that
    Said that, it's a terrific topsheet structure

People were skiing Blizzards with that top sheet structure over a year ago for what thats worth.

Noticed a post saying that American Dave likes his "Zero G 108". So there's a Cochise shape in there, which can't be a bad thing.

Saw next year's line up on a rack and the skis look awesome.

It's a dumb comment, I agree. It's just that we've been using it for the last two years and it seems to be coming into fashion for next year with blizzard, head et al.
    Showdowns look like what Atomic used to use on their cruiser line, but I definitely see the resemblance to the rest of the Down lineup on the Cochise.

Just saw the Blizzard 2015/16 line and all the skis are exactly like the Atomic Supercross SX 11.