Page 33 of 109 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
    hm, this thread made me keep my R11s and try them, and glad that I did now half a day of skiing them later.

For how soft they are in the front and back, they sure ski solidly. DD-status ski imo. Not better than some of my other sticks at for instance charging, but they do a lot of things very, very well. Very easy to ski ski with decent chargability at 180 at least. Longer lenghts might be even more capable. Def thinking about getting a second pair for one more quiver, and yes, grudgingly - I too prefer the green over the orange at long last, so good for me, might pick up some outgoing models for as fantastic a price as I got my current pair (60% off "retail").

Mounted with Shifts these sticks are ready for a pretty wide set of scenarios imo

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    hm, this thread made me keep my R11s and try them, and glad that I did now half a day of skiing them later.

For how soft they are in the front and back, they sure ski solidly. DD-status ski imo. Not better than some of my other sticks at for instance charging, but they do a lot of things very, very well. Very easy to ski ski with decent chargability at 180 at least. Longer lenghts might be even more capable. Def thinking about getting a second pair for one more quiver, and yes, grudgingly - I too prefer the green over the orange at long last, so good for me, might pick up some outgoing models for as fantastic a price as I got my current pair (60% off "retail").

Mounted with Shifts these sticks are ready for a pretty wide set of scenarios imo
    Every single one of my buddies who has skied my 188’s (they have demo clamps) has bought or will buy a pair. I think the 188 is the most versatile ski in my quiver. Glad to hear you like them.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

yeah - I am really quite impressed with how they perform across quite a few sets of conditions. For what one can get them for at this time of year, they are a spectacular deal imo.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	w vs r.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	975.6 KB 
ID:	275080
    (the difference in lenght is smaller, exagerated here from w114s being on higher ground and being like 1cm longer in real life)

I rode my R11s (180) back to back with my w114s (179), a ski that is kinda similar wrt rocker lines, mount point and dimensions - if no where close wrt weight, sidecut and stiffness. W114s are a lot stiffer and 3-400gr heavier pr ski, and a pretty much non compatible with short radius turns on groomers due to their long radius sidecut and hefty flex. That is fine - that is now where they are supposed to shine.

The thing is though R11s handles groomers very, very well, as well as rip fresh with aplomb. Are they as damp and predictable as w114s? Well, no. But they handle it more than well enough do be a hoot. As I said - these have a strong daily driver potential. They are not the superdemanding rockets some people seem to think the are - at all - but go like rockets they can in fresh and groomers alike. I would still prefer w114s for soft snow charging - but if i can only bring one pair of skis to the resort then I would usually pick r11s instead of w114s.

And yes, I kinda agree with what has been mentioned previously in this thread and I will go back and re-read the review, but Blister need to give this ski a second outing.The mediocre review reflects poorly on them, not the ski imo.

Has anyone messed with the mount point on the 187 Brahmas? I know Blister recommends +1.5 on the 187, just curious if you guys have any input...(I'm coming from slightly more progressive mounted skis; Kartel 108, Rustler 11, Soul 7)

I got two mounts at +2 and +0.5. Still havent skied the +0.5, very happy with the +2.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2795.JPG 
Views:	242 
Size:	696.8 KB 
ID:	277465

“Cheetos Orange” is the new hawtness...

Had these out at Whistler last weekend and the demo center crew were all geeking out on 2020 Rustlers.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Had these out at Whistler last weekend and the demo center crew were all geeking out on 2020 Rustlers.
    Did they actually like the new graphic better?

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Did they actually like the new graphic better?
    Everyone has commented that they like the orange and the textured top sheet better.

The orange is hideous

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    The orange is hideous

Jupp

Anyone seen the 2020 Zero G 95s available anywhere? Backcountry have 171s but I'd prefer 178s. Need some for sth hemisphere winter.

Quote Originally Posted by kanangra View Post
    Anyone seen the 2020 Zero G 95s available anywhere? Backcountry have 171s but I'd prefer 178s. Need some for sth hemisphere winter.

sport65

Dig the orange and tasteful graphics, lol. Each to their own.

Quote Originally Posted by j0z77 View Post
    sport65
    Thanks j0z77 I'd seen those.....EUR220 delivery to Australia is the dealbreaker. Might have to wait for Tele Pyrenees to get them in. Otherwise thought someone may have seen some in a shop somewhere...

Because the universe is funny and wants me to ski Blizzards, I happened into two very cheap pairs of Blizzard skis. I'd rather not faff about too much, so wondering if the collective has any insight.

I picked up a 2017 189 Spur (the older version that does not have the asymmetrical tips) and a 2019 188 Rustler 11. Which should I keep? Pretty sure it's the R11, even though the Spur is barely used. Anyone have experience on both of these skis?

6'0, 190#, skiing at Squaw. Use is resort pow, but might throw on Shifts or Cast on there for a travel ski.
    I have several touring options, so these would be 90-95% resort and only occasional sidecountry/traveling.

I suppose I could keep the Spurs and try them out, but I'd rather simplify my life. I know - weird right?
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Which should I keep? Pretty sure it's the R11, even though the Spur is barely used. Anyone have experience on both of these skis?
    Unless there's 2 ft. of fresh and you're sure there's no chunky stuff underneath (and preferably no competition for virgin lines), the 188 Rustler 11 is better.

Luckily, graphics don't get you down the hill.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Which should I keep?
    Well, both, duh!

IMO, Simplifying your life, means having either ski to ski on, depending on what conditions want.
    and sometimes, it's not as obvious as you might think.
    For example. My general rotation is Kastle MX98, OG Cochise, OG Bodacious.
    You'd think the Bo's would come out only when it's deep and the Cochises when it wasn't. [The MX's do only come out on refrozen or "icy" days.]
    But more often than you'd think, I end up skiing the Bo's on only 6-8" - but for some reason they simply handle things better. And I've skied the Cochises on 45"+ days and been really happy on them.

So, the "Keep both" is both a "joke" and the "truth" - at least IMO. Now none of that may apply to the Russler/Spur combination - but I still know what choice I'd make.

Rustlers.

The Spurs are super cool, but listen to gregL, he knows all. I had the Spurs in Wyoming for two winters and the only time they were awesome was the first run of a pow day, or when I toured with them.

Thanks y'all! As I suspected.
    sproing!

The bitch about this thread is I was set 192 116 ON3P Woodsman and am going 192 Rustler 11... Love the orange and have a fresh pair of P18 in orange...

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    The bitch about this thread is I was set 192 116 ON3P Woodsman and am going 192 Rustler 11... Love the orange and have a fresh pair of P18 in orange...

I haven’t been on the Woodsman, and am not a big ON3P fan, but I bet you won’t go wrong with either. Orange on orange will look nice!

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    I haven’t been on the Woodsman, and am not a big ON3P fan, but I bet you won’t go wrong with either. Orange on orange will look nice!

Have 196 Black Angles of Death OG Bodies and 193 Gumsmokes and absolutley love both... So respect the board (except never liked Bibbys) I am going to give the Rustler 11s a shot... Have SuperGoats and Bodies for the pow crushers and need and a fun easy going but capable POW ski... 192 Rustler 11s on order...

What's Blizzard up to?

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    Have 196 Black Angles of Death OG Bodies and 193 Gumsmokes and absolutley love both... So respect the board (except never liked Bibbys) I am going to give the Rustler 11s a shot... Have SuperGoats and Bodies for the pow crushers and need and a fun easy going but capable POW ski... 192 Rustler 11s on order...

I predict you will enjoy the Rustler 11 in the big boy length. I have never been on a ski this wide that worked so well in so many conditions. Ski pow in the morning, transition to crud, and then absolutely rip groomers any day. My 188’s are my new travel ski. Any day seems to be a good day for them. Quiver killer sticks.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Luckily, graphics don't get you down the hill.
    Just mounted up my orange 188's, so I have an extra pair of green 188's to sell, PM me for details.