Page 32 of 109 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by noslow View Post
    I’m the same height as you but you have 10lbs on me and I ski the 180cm Rustler 9. Great ski for trees and bumps! Will be more solid underfoot than the Bushwacker and hard snow grip is quite good on mine as I run them full sharp with a 1/3 tune. They pivot very well with the rocker profile and the binding mount being slightly forward of the Brahma/Bushwacker.

Find mine very playful at lower speeds but have more backbone than the Bushwacker especially if you do some faster carving on groomers occasionally.
    Thanks - sounds perfect then. That 'playful at lower speeds' is exactly what I was worried about.

Appreciate the info!

Quote Originally Posted by azmtbiker View Post
    R11 188s just came in the mail.

I have the cochise 185 and the recommended mount on these R11s is significantly forward of that.

I am trying to decide between -1 and at the line. Have narrowed it down to these 2 choices.

I have seen a few posters who went -1 and thought is was good.

Anyone mount at the line and subsequently wished they had mounted back?

I want to get it right the first time if possible, have several sets of skis with an extra set of holes cause I wasnt happy with my first mount
    Find the Rustler series are not super fussy with mounts and you can move them forward or back a cm or two without upsetting the balance too much. More forward of the line like the FWT pros do will make it a bit more playful and ski shorter and back of the line makes it a bit more directional and a touch less playful. Line is a good comprise of playful/stability I think.

You could always mount 0.5cm back to stop the worrying and they would ski fine there.

Find the Rustler series are not super fussy with mounts and you can move them forward or back a cm or two without upsetting the balance too much. More forward of the line like the FWT pros do will make it a bit more playful and ski shorter and back of the line makes it a bit more directional and a touch less playful. Line is a good comprise of playful/stability I think.

You could always mount 0.5cm back to stop the worrying and they would ski fine there.
    I'm also getting ready to mount my R9s this weekend.

180s, I'm 6'1". 185lbs.

Been on the 180 bushwhackers for years. Probably just go on teh line unless someone tells me otherwise.

Can't wait to try them, but not sure when I can get out. Sunday was my best short term bet but it looks like rain.

Quote Originally Posted by TadNT View Post
    I'm also getting ready to mount my R9s this weekend.

180s, I'm 6'1". 185lbs.

Been on the 180 bushwhackers for years. Probably just go on teh line unless someone tells me otherwise.

Can't wait to try them, but not sure when I can get out. Sunday was my best short term bet but it looks like rain.
    The rec mount on the Rustler 9 is more forward of the lines on the Brahma and I assume Bushwacker so I’d stay at the line for the best compromise of stable/playful. Works well there.

I’d only go forward if you were going to the 188cm and wanted to make it ski a bit shorter or back if you wanted to make a Rustler 10 or 11 ski longer. The 9 is stiffer with less rocker than those models and find it doesn’t ski as short.

The rec mount on the Rustler 9 is more forward of the lines on the Brahma and I assume Bushwacker so I’d stay at the line for the best compromise of stable/playful. Works well there.

I’d only go forward if you were going to the 188cm and wanted to make it ski a bit shorter or back if you wanted to make a Rustler 10 or 11 ski longer. The 9 is stiffer with less rocker than those models and find it doesn’t ski as short.
    Great - thanks. On the line it will be...

Just measured the center of boot on my BW and they are about 1" back from the suggested line on the R9.

Interestingly (or not...) there is no suggested mark on the BW.

Quote Originally Posted by TadNT View Post
    Just measured the center of boot on my BW and they are about 1" back from the suggested line on the R9.

Interestingly (or not...) there is no suggested mark on the BW.
    Current 180cm Brahma Mount is 11.1cm back from center/77.7cm from the tail and the Rustler 9 180cm mount is 7.7cm back from center/81.4cm from the tail.

Current 180cm Brahma Mount is 11.1cm back from center/77.7cm from the tail and the Rustler 9 180cm mount is 7.7cm back from center/81.4cm from the tail.
    thanks for this. Stripped the BWs of the bindings tonight. Will mount the R9s tomorrow.

Thx for the mounting infos... Got myselft a Rustler 9 188cm (I'm 176cm) and I'm going to mount the Look Pivot +1 from recommended. Hope that it will turn a little better and feel a bit shorter.

My wife really liked the Sheeva 10 in a 164. Is the Rustler 10 in a 164 the same ski with a different topsheet?

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    My wife really liked the Sheeva 10 in a 164. Is the Rustler 10 in a 164 the same ski with a different topsheet?
    Exact same weights on the Sheeva 10 and Rustler 10 in the 164cm so I think they are the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    In size 164 yes

Rustler 11 $480 US from Corbetts. All sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by 5Beder View Post
    Rustler 11 $480 US from Corbetts. All sizes.
    Corbetts usually has their Spring sale starting soon and usually skis are 40% off(currently 20% off) so that ski should be another $100 US or so cheaper if it’s the same this year.

2020 skis like the Nordica Enforcer 104/88 or K2 Mindbenders won’t be discounted much though as I asked when I recently got my 104 Free there a few weeks ago.

Anyone here been on the 2020 Brahma 82s?

What's that you say? F off to Pugski?

K thanx

Quote Originally Posted by Like a Boss View Post
    Anyone here been on the 2020 Brahma 82s?

What's that you say? F off to Pugski?

K thanx
    I'll give em a whirl. Meantime I have a pair of lightly used Latigo 184's if anyone is looking.

How is Blizzard’s factory tune? I have a new pair of Bonafides. Do they need a base grind? The tips and tails are de-tuned, edges are sharp, and the shop that mounted them gave them a machine wax.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Hood View Post
    How is Blizzard’s factory tune? I have a new pair of Bonafides. Do they need a base grind? The tips and tails are de-tuned, edges are sharp, and the shop that mounted them gave them a machine wax.

Thanks!
    They definitely don’t need to be ground, In fact the likelihood of a shop actually doing more damage is greater than them fixing anything that might be wrong.

You should be good to go.

The only thing I ever do to all my demo skis every year is add a little more base bevel to the rockered sections. I prep probably 100 pairs a year by hand and this is generally all they need, other than taking a gummy and detuning the tips and tails. You could ski them right out of the wrapper and most likely be rather happy.

The only tune I would really alter is on anything wider than a Rustler 10. I think they ski a little better with more base bevel as the skis are all petty strong torsionally. Rustler 11, Cochise, Bodacious, Spur all get 1.5* base bevel for my skis.

Never ski a ski out of the wrapper. Unless it’s a Stockli, then by all means, have at it.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Never ski a ski out of the wrapper.
    At least check the tune before you ski it. Even the best factory tunes (and Blizzard is great) can be off, and skis can change a bit as they cure after leaving the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Never ski a ski out of the wrapper. Unless it’s a Stockli, then by all means, have at it.
    I’ve skied hundreds out of the wrapper and would disagree.

Skied some horribly finished Stockil’s too.

So why do the reps all go to the Montana facility in Georgetown, Massachusetts to get their demo fleets ready for the season? It’s because they know better, skis are not ready to go out of the wrapper. Maybe out west you can get away with that stuff on anything wider than 90, with the soft snow and whatnot. But no way can you do that on the east coast. Some brands are notoriously bad out of the wrapper, I’m looking at you Atomic/Salomon. I stand by what I said, only Stockli comes ready to ride.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Ready to ski and ready to test by all your accounts prior to submitting their POs are not the same thing.

i need a pair of 180 bonafide. i got a lot of groomer and hard snow time last week on the resident demo fleet at revelstoke. i would normally be on an older 193 cochise, but traveled with the ski i wanted to be on. i thought the 180 bonafide was as powerful as the cochise in those conditions (drought skiing). i wouldn’t buy them to ski good snow, but my cochise don’t do that too well either.

Thanks all. I talked to the shop where I demod from.

They didn't alter the factory grind, and I liked it that day. Snow should be the same as then for the next few trips, so I will give them a go before I make any changes to the base bevel.

The 180 is just what I bought.