Page 2 of 108 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    I trust Blizzard to get it right, but I could also see stocking up on some extra Bodacious and Cochise this spring just in case . . .
    And herein lies the beauty of the timing of SIA every year. New stuff is revealed, interwebz are all abuzz and President's Day sales start three weeks later. So is the circle of life for a gear whore...
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Sworn to secrecy in the ski industry. Get over yourself, you're in the recreational equipment business, nobody cares and the only people who think shit should be kept secret are the vapid cocksuckers in marketing and PR.
    Yes!!! Pressing the cosmic like button on this statement.

ZeroG, what is it?
    ~AliG

Quote Originally Posted by brown9 View Post
    ZeroG, what is it?
    ~AliG
    Carbon Drive technology and some stuff n' things...

Zero Gravity: will be a more sidecountry touring style option from my understanding. I think I will have a pair with some demo Kingpins in the near future if any n'east folks are nearby.

Kied is offline Inconsiderate Tree Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerjake View Post
    Zero Gravity: will be a more sidecountry touring style option from my understanding. I think I will have a pair with some demo Kingpins in the near future if any n'east folks are nearby.
    That's kind of what I am gathering as well. Initially, I was thinking they were revamping the whole freeride line.

Quote Originally Posted by Kied View Post
    That's kind of what I am gathering as well. Initially, I was thinking they were revamping the whole freeride line.
    I actually heard both of those things are happening for 2015-16. Will be interesting to see where the truth lies.

I've already said too much. Actually, I lied. I also need to say that they are most definitely NOT on the wrong track.

The tease on this is ridiculous. This exclusivity of info is bordering humorous. Granted we will all know in amonth come SIA. Is this what they call trolling? I'm old.
    Go Sox!

Quote Originally Posted by Brianskis View Post

I've already said too much. Actually, I lied. I also need to say that they are most definitely NOT on the wrong track.
    That's more like what I've seen.

I bet they are doing ultra-light carbon $1,000.00+ layups of the Brahma, Bonafide, Cochise.......and they probably will not be the only brand pulling this stunt. If not 1516 then by 1617 for sure. $1K is the new $699.

Actually $699 will be the new $799

Quote Originally Posted by Brianskis View Post

Hopefully Blizzard didn't fail too bad on this, and we're seeing 'just the tip'. Black touring skis = major fail. Suck it G3 and Volkl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Hopefully Blizzard didn't fail too bad on this, and we're seeing 'just the tip'. Black touring skis = major fail. Suck it G3 and Volkl.
    It's just the tip, just for a second. Lots of pretty colors going on below, don't you fret...

What's Blizzard up to?

Sweet! Was just talking to a buddy today about just how great the Cochise/Scout shape is, for a true touring ski.

Any chance they'll move to a sturdier base material? That's the one major turnoff for me with Blizzard skis and keeps me from looking at them more seriously - major bummer, too, because I love the shapes. It's also the biggest complaint I hear from friends that own them. Total swiss cheese compared to other brands that we're familiar with. I'd gladly swallow the slightly higher pricepoint to make that happen.

Funny that all this carbon makes the ski meh., and because many are drinking the marketing cool*aid, the big companies are feeding them. Sort of like the Vail of the Hardgoods lines.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

It depends how carbon is done. Have you skied PM Gear or Down carbon hybrids before?

It depends how carbon is done. Have you skied PM Gear or Down carbon hybrids before?
    I am with Schindler on this one... Backcountry and touring and pristine snow make a carbon ski great... Resort ski not so much regardless of maker...

Black touring skis = major fail. Suck it G3 and Volkl.
    No kidding, got out on last year's G3 Empires (white, all glass & metal) last weekend and really liked them. Would totally dig having a pair of this year's carbon version (400g lighter per ski) for next season, but goddammit they're black. Freaking idiots.

If you gotta make a dark ski, at least make it a heavy resort ski - not your flagship touring skis. Black Diamond figured it out with the almost-white 2015 Carbon Megawatt, somebody is thinking right over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    I am with Schindler on this one... Backcountry and touring and pristine snow make a carbon ski great... Resort ski not so much regardless of maker...
    Well, yeah, obviously, for a resort ski, you want some heft. Carbon doesn't make much sense for crushing variable snow (works fine in the resort as a powder ski). Under the impression that these are touring skis though.

Touring the wasatch = Hexcel Nano futuristic carbon + 110 underfoot is great. I would even like that honeycomb Alu. OTOH, Inbounds = wood + glass + 2 sheets of metal + square tail + 100 underfoot = tits.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    No kidding, got out on last year's G3 Empires (white, all glass & metal) last weekend and really liked them. Would totally dig having a pair of this year's carbon version (400g lighter per ski) for next season, but goddammit they're black. Freaking idiots.

If you gotta make a dark ski, at least make it a heavy resort ski - not your flagship touring skis. Black Diamond figured it out with the almost-white 2015 Carbon Megawatt, somebody is thinking right over there.
    Dude, black/extremely dark blue touring skis are going to be all the rage for 15/16. Just ask the most pretentious ski manufacturer in North America, their solution is to tell you to put Zardoz NotWax on your topsheets. Why buy one well designed product when you can buy a poorly planned one and an accessory?

Kied is offline Inconsiderate Tree Killer
    From their FB page:

"Prior to launching #zeroG to the public, we wanted to get the product into the field and on the feet of those that know the "up and down game" better than anyone. Our Zero G Guru program is intended to validate Carbon Drive, and provide an opportunity for our skis to be
    tested all over the world. The Gurus all received a limited edition graphic Zero G ski with Kingpin bindings and Pomoca skins."

"These skis belong to John Morrison who knows the Sierra Mountains of California like the back of his hand."

the new cochise. I see them and ski them in the flesh VERY soon.

why taking so long, I thought you designed them, built them by hand, tuned them by hand, created the bindings by hand, mounted them with telepathic command over tools and fasteners, and then proceeded to tell the world they're not good enough to ski them.

this kind of slippage will not be tolerated again