Page 20 of 109 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PhishingME View Post
    How different are the 18 Brahma vs 17?
    It's different.

http://www.skiessentials.com/Chairli...rd-Ski-Preview
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by PhishingME View Post
    How different are the 18 Brahma vs 17?
    Here's what I remember from last month's trade show but I won't get to handle the skis until next month.

There's two Brahma versions for 17/18.

The existing metal version has been tweaked by reducing the sidecut which is now 17m in the 180cm length v the existing 19m radius. Blizzard have done the same on the Bonafide & the Cochise.

The second version is the Brahma CA which has had its metal replaced with carbon to give a slightly softer flex & a big weight reduction.

No change to Cochise

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    No change to Cochise
    According to the above link the Cochise has a different tip shape & rocker profile, even if the radius is unchanged?

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    According to the above link the Cochise has a different tip shape & rocker profile, even if the radius is unchanged?
    Incorrect, the Cochise has not been changed from its current form. They are wrong. If you read back, even the blizzard rep said it was not being changed

What's Blizzard up to?

Update on the new Spur. Remounted mine from -2 to the line. Going -2 was definitely no bueno. Now the skis feel much better balanced and have better tail support. Incredible fun to ski in powder but still lower speed limit than the old Spurs in anything hard and on the piste.
    I'm not exactly sure if the time of skis > 120 mm waist just didn't expire with the snowpack of the recent years here in the Alps.
    Last edited by roQer; 03-28-2017 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by roQer View Post
    I'm not exactly sure if the time of skis > 120 mm waist just didn't expired with the snowpack of the recent years here in the Alps.
    True. The last two seasons I havent ever whished I had something in that range.

Sadly.

Where in the Alps are you based?

Arlberg/Austria

Anyone know what the new-old bodacious will be going for next year?

Was planning on just picking up dead stock of the old OG bodacious but had a conversation with Arne's father the other day that I kind of want to pick up some of the new ones. Although I might still just buy dead stock and make a donation separately.

Quote Originally Posted by straightlineorbust View Post

Was planning on just picking up dead stock of the old OG bodacious but had a conversation with Arne's father the other day that I kind of want to pick up some of the new ones. Although I might still just buy dead stock and make a donation separately.
    There is some info on the new Bode from GregL in another thread. According to him the tip rocker is 1 cm lower and the tail rocker .5 cm higher than in the 14/15 green-yellow version.
    Whatever this means for the characteristics on snow.

Quote Originally Posted by roQer View Post
    There is some info on the new Bode from GregL in another thread. According to him the tip rocker is 1 cm lower and the tail rocker .5 cm higher than in the 14/15 green-yellow version.
    Whatever this means for the characteristics on snow.
    Hmm interesting, I'm currently on the red-yellow 2013/2014 which I believe is the exact same as the green/yellow version. I can't see less tip rocker on this ski as a good thing, but more on the rear could make sense I'll have to find what GregL said about them because they're pretty much perfect as they are right now.

Hmm interesting, I'm currently on the red-yellow 2013/2014 which I believe is the exact same as the green/yellow version. I can't see less tip rocker on this ski as a good thing, but more on the rear could make sense I'll have to find what GregL said about them because they're pretty much perfect as they are right now.
    Pretty much my thoughts. .5 cm more tail rocker could make some sense but the forebody is just perfect as it is.

Not sure I like the flatter tip, as it makes an already "unfloaty" ski even less so, so the 2018 version definitely goes through stuff rather than over it. On the other hand, the slightly increased tail rocker is nice in tight spaces and bumps. I don't have a 13/14 around to compare, but I thought it had a totally flat tail?

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Not sure I like the flatter tip, as it makes an already "unfloaty" ski even less so, so the 2018 version definitely goes through stuff rather than over it. On the other hand, the slightly increased tail rocker is nice in tight spaces and bumps. I don't have a 13/14 around to compare, but I thought it had a totally flat tail?
    Yahh, it's pretty much a flat tail, they say it has tail rocker but it's at most a centimeter across the whole tail.

And interesting, I feel like the 13/14 actually is pretty rad because it does tend to ride over crud instead of through it. Well, it rides through it when you're going slow and then as soon as you have some speed you're able to stay on top.

Anyone ski on the old bodacious, new "old" bodacious, and the rustler 11 as to give them a comparison.

Trying to figure out what to use as my comp ski next year. Thing I love about the 13/14 Bodacious I'm on is as long as your feet are beneath you, you can basically ride out anything.

Edit: Actually found a picture of the rocker profile, the tail is basically flat with a touch of rocker. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tail-344x1024.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	203934

I demoed them last weekend from Granite Chief at Squaw (they were awesome). I don't remember exact numbers, but they were somewhere in this ballpark based on what the Granite Chief employee said I could buy them for:
    - $900+ "retail" (forget the actual number)
    - about $695 if I bought them then and there at a 15% demo day discount from their store price. He said their normal store price is always below retail.
    - so about an $800 non-sale store price

Do you know what the 188 Rustler 11 weighs?
    Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    1850ish

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0031.PNG.jpg 
Views:	606 
Size:	272.2 KB 
ID:	204838

What ski is this?

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post

What ski is this?
    Throwback graphics on new/old bodacious

https://www.google.com/search?q=bliz...DoavM:&spf=159

Talked to the blizzard rep at snowbird today, to settle the debate about whether the new old bodacious is really the same as the old one.

They just pulled out the old molds, and did the same construction. So good news for people looking for burliness

What ski is this?
    So sick.

I raced a couple pairs of Thermo V20s BITD.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Are the retro graphics available to the public? I wasn't going to get a pair, but if I can get a sweet looking pair...

Damn, I'd have to get pair if those. Raced on V20 Thermo SL and RS back then, though preferred the RS pretty much everywhere.

What ski is this?
    Nice!
    But I'd rather like to have the Bode in the design of the old Firebird from the Seventies, the racing ski of my dad:

Even more killer!

What ski is this?
    God damn I need that ski. The old school V20 Thermo SL put me on varsity Freshman year... flipping between #1 & #2 on the team all season. I killed it on that ski.

Name:  ski-blizzard-absorber-foto-bild-r94123173.jpg
Views: 1707
Size:  3.9 KB

fQlAqZi9
    i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum