Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I keep forgetting that this TR forum is here and I need to check it out once in a while. So nice that TR's like this can be found again! Good stuff, all of you!

Wow awesome read, very inspiring!

So awesome! Really enjoyed the read!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerome View Post
    Wow, stashing your skis up high and walking back downhill, and then smelling the barn and getting out of town as soon as you summited! Sounds so much more of a mountaineery than a ski mountaineer trip, but I'd be on the same page considering the blue ice on everything fun to ski and the weather conditions. So crazy that this year's summit success rate was 16%! Congratulations!
    Our trip was definitely focused more on the mountaineering side than skiing. Priorities were:
    1. Come home with ten fingers and toes per person.
    2. Make the summit.
    3. Ski off the summit.
    4. Ski something fun.

We checked the first three and knew that #4 was the biggest question. Skiing the Messner would've been super rad but I have no regrets about our choices.

After we left things got a lot nicer, and the success rate got back up to 36%. The mountain was very unfriendly to climbers until mid-June.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Fantastic!