Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Praxis still exists?

Here's some more beta from my SIA video thread:

Three widths (95/110/120 i think), camber, small twin tip tail, relatively small amount of tip rocker which is then layered with an elastic material to absorb chatter. very directional and chargey, seems to favor racer types more than Hojis at first glance.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast_Coast View Post
    Praxis still exists?
    I hope for your sake that you're trolling
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Kied is offline Inconsiderate Tree Killer

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    I hope for your sake that you're trolling
    what in my life will change if I am per chance NOT trolling about the tiny outfit indy ski maker "Praxis"

My only ski purchase for next year will be something 90ish underfoot and I am def locked on the Kye 95... Anyone been on these boards yet...?

Anybody been on the Kye's yet? I too am looking for a 90 something and curious about the Kye 95.

looking for a experience with the 110 model. anything regarding the float abilities ?

Another bump. Looking to hear feedback from someone who has actually skied the 110s!

I only have two resort days on my 110 188s so far with limited terrain open (Aspen Mountain). At the resort, I've been on 193 EHPs for the better part of three seasons - I tried 195 Hojis for part of one season. I've been on 187 Hojis for touring for three seasons. For the resort, I was looking for something with more stability and stiffer than the Hojis on hardpack and something narrower than the EHPs. I love the EHPs for just about everything, but the width was a bit much as a daily driver (and I'm teaching my toddler son to ski this year).

To date, the Kye's (mounted w/ FKS) have fit the bill. Stable, stiff and carve well, but also float relatively well on the few "powder" (early season facets / hoar to grass) runs I've had. The moguls haven't fully developed as of yet, but from what I could tell they weren't quite as fast as the EHPs - I find the EHPs to be incredibly fast and drifty in moderately spaced moguls. This last point is likely a function of the camber on the Kye's versus the EHPs being almost flat, but these characteristics could also be augmented by the tunes.

I know it's not much, but that's all I have for now.

Somebody has to have ridden these by now... Any more in depth analysis to share?

4FRNT Kye pro model?

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    My only ski purchase for next year will be something 90ish underfoot and I am def locked on the Kye 95... Anyone been on these boards yet...?
    Radar locked on a 90ish board, what did you end up with? Looking at the Kye 95, Fischer ranger 98ti, invictus 95

110 look looks like a great shape.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Radar locked on a 90ish board, what did you end up with? Looking at the Kye 95, Fischer ranger 98ti, invictus 95
    So was seriously looking into this ski as I love my 196 Renegades and 194 Devastators, but ended up getting 190 Praxis BC customs and love them... The 187 Kye 95s are 99 underfoot really no need... Plus I am floored as I have not seen any Keyes on the hills and virtually zero reviews...

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    So was seriously looking into this ski as I love my 196 Renegades and 194 Devastators, but ended up getting 190 Praxis BC customs and love them... The 187 Kye 95s are 99 underfoot really no need... Plus I am floored as I have not seen any Keyes on the hills and virtually zero reviews...
    I just got a pair of the 110. Have the 196 Renegade, and the 194 Devestator as well. Will try them out 4 days end of next week in Åre Sweden. Got them mounted with KingPins.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Wilson View Post
    I just got a pair of the 110. Have the 196 Renegade, and the 194 Devestator as well. Will try them out 4 days end of next week in Åre Sweden. Got them mounted with KingPins.
    Very interested to hear your report.

4 days on the Kay 110

Just been skiing on the Kay 110 during four days in Åre Sweden. The skis are mounted with Marker Kingpins and I skied the 188cm length. Me 90kg (199lb) 189cm ( 6,2”), and I’ve been skiing the Renegade and the Devestator for the last two seasons. First impressions, very traditional feel, solid and stable yet very nimble. After skiing full rocker skis for some time now the feel of the more consistent edge hold with camber felt very nice.

In firm conditions the 110 has a very strong edge hold and damp ride. I’m very impressed with the almost non-existing tip shatter. In crud and more varied tracked snow they also performed excellent. Felt agile yet stable.

During the second day we did some skinning and I got to test the powder performance. Not as surfy as the Renegades but quicker in turns. OK flotation. I’m very impressed with the Kay 110 and it will probably replace my Devestators as the daily driver. Would like to try the 120 as well to see if I’d prefer it to the Renegades for deeper days.

Thanks! Great comparison.

^^^ Good review. Also hoping to hear comments about the 120 vs. Renegade.

Yo! Have been having a blast on my 189 120's...but I can't justify having them and a 186 Renegade... Anybody want a steal on a pair of skis? If you are looking for a ski that still charges like a renegade, but skis more traditionally (less slarvy) the Kye is your ticket. Handles much better on hardpack/crud than the Ren, and definitely more edge to edge than slarvy. Have them mounted with a Deadbolt 18 right now... can remount them to fit your boot, whatever it is. currently mounted for a 308mm. Happy to sell flat as well. In Utah.

I have about six days on the kye 110 188. I agree with most comments in this thread as the ski handles quite well on firm groomers and chop. This is my first 4front ski and the one thing that has me looking to sell these is that the narrow tip isnt always supportive if I get too far forward. Granted, this could be pilot issue but I am more used to a plus 140 tip that provides more support. (These replaced 186 govenors which replaced a 190 bibby). There isn't chatter in the tip necessarily, as I have found the ski more than adequate blasting through cut up Tahoe pow, but I think a wider tip with the right tip splay will provide me with the release, stability, and support that I am looking for. PM me for a killer deal on 188 110's drilled once for small dukes at 117. Make an offer. I am whore and will likely oblige.
    Go Sox!

I've been riding mine since January and love them. They have the same shape as the Hoji but are 2mm wider, a tad longer, and obviously have camber. I basically equate it to a more charging Hoji. I always look for videos to really understand how a ski handles...see below!

I´ve got both the 110's (188) and the 120's (189). Sold my Renegades and replaced them with the 120´s. Perfect skis for me love the feel and the balance in these skis. After skiing two years on fully rockerd skis and now back to camber i must say camber is king!

A film from Flaine and La Plange, french alps, in February. Me skiing both the 120,s and 110s. Mostly the 120´s as the condition were more on the powder side:
    https://youtu.be/bQz6iEhh0I0
    Last edited by Cpt. Wilson; 03-05-2016 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Typo

I've had the 110s for a while now and skied them in all snow conditions.
    Such a good ski. Good floatation, damp, stable.
    The only time that I wished I had a reverse camber ski was with crust. But hey, we all now how crust is.
    It's always cool to switch from the Renegade/Hoji to a ski with camber and see how you have to change the way you ski. Love it.
    Always Fight Gravity