Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Give Thanks

Give Thanks

All joking aside, most have much to be thankful for.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving
    watch out for snakes

Ditto.

We're making this our family's first Thanksgiving without straws.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Another year, no major illness, deaths or divorces in the family.

So I'm staring across the table at the same bunch of assholes aa last year.

Family, modern medicine, and mountains. ¡Salud!

We're going to some friends today, she has been fighting cancer for a while and they keep chasing it around her body. Modern medicine at least breaking even. Heh, I'd rather they come here so I can drink but it's not about me.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Ditto.

We're making this our family's first Thanksgiving without straws.
    Heh. We're gonna make a serious attempt not to kill any unarmed black men, even if they stole some cigars. Wish us luck.

I'm having all my cats in from the barn and feeding them my turkey while I sing "Soft Kitty"

Better run and flip the bird in the brine wouldn't want the kittens to be disappointed!

I'm thankful for much....so I'll drink the day away at my mom's house and piss off my overly-judgmental sister. Cheers

Is it egg-nog season yet?

Just another holiday to point out my relatives delusions and hypocrisy. Just like I do for you fucks.
    Happy Thanksgiving to all and all a good nap.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I'm having all my cats in from the barn and feeding them my turkey while I sing "Soft Kitty"

Better run and flip the bird in the brine wouldn't want the kittens to be disappointed!
    Gave mine canz o Tuna, they are not big on turkle for some reason.
    watch out for snakes

Hear, hear.

When there can seem to be unsurmountable mountains of tough stuff going on everywhere inside and outside, there's nothing so important as stopping to record and savor the myriad and less obvious good stuff.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Hugh Conway Guest
    I'm thankful to know a myriad of ways, earned by hard experience of fellow posters, how not to mount skis (who knew not to use a drill with a tap?) and do other minor home improvement projects

I'm thankful I haven't killed myself. And that I have a warm place to sleep.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

I'm all for lowered expectations to mitigate against disappointment, but you are setting the bar pretty low.

So many things to be thankful for, I don't know where to start.

Cheers.
    In with the 9.

I'm thankful for bacon. Enjoy your bird, the games, y la familia. Eat more...
    http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

I'm thankful for little kids, because without little kids there'd be no iPhones.

I'm thankful for slow moving trains with open boxcars, so an 'ol chunk of coal like me can catch a ride every now and then.

I'm thankful for butlers, because without butlers every guy named 'Jeeves' would be unemployed.

I'm thankful for football. I'm talking about american football here, not siberian football which I hear is actually the better sport.

I'm thankful for skyscrapers with windows that actually open with real windowsills. That way giants can steal cooling pies just like the rest of us.

I'm thankful for women's skirts or tight pants that are sheer enough to show the outline of their panties. Now I just have to imagine the color: chances are they're white, but maybe they're black, or something really cool like red or pink. Or maybe they're exotic like leopard print. Or maybe they're something I can't even imagine. It's kind of mind blowing when you think about it.

I'm thankful for that sign down the street that says 'Slow Children' but then shows a picture of them running. Hey, they must not be slow anymore. That's good news!

Finally and most importantly, I'm thankful for friends. The one thing in this world that makes life worth living. I'm especially fond of that episode where Joey buys Chandler a duck.

Quote Originally Posted by berko View Post
    I'm all for lowered expectations to mitigate against disappointment, but you are setting the bar pretty low.
    Really? I can't think of anything more to be thankful for than being alive. I kind of enjoy that... sometimes.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by jma233 View Post
    I'm thankful for little kids, because without little kids there'd be no iPhones.

I'm thankful for slow moving trains with open boxcars, so an 'ol chunk of coal like me can catch a ride every now and then.

I'm thankful for butlers, because without butlers every guy named 'Jeeves' would be unemployed.

I'm thankful for football. I'm talking about american football here, not siberian football which I hear is actually the better sport.

I'm thankful for skyscrapers with windows that actually open with real windowsills. That way giants can steal cooling pies just like the rest of us.

I'm thankful for women's skirts or tight pants that are sheer enough to show the outline of their panties. Now I just have to imagine the color: chances are they're white, but maybe they're black, or something really cool like red or pink. Or maybe they're exotic like leopard print. Or maybe they're something I can't even imagine. It's kind of mind blowing when you think about it.

I'm thankful for that sign down the street that says 'Slow Children' but then shows a picture of them running. Hey, they must not be slow anymore. That's good news!

Finally and most importantly, I'm thankful for friends. The one thing in this world that makes life worth living. I'm especially fond of that episode where Joey buys Chandler a duck.
    A+

made a quick stop at Plymouth Rock just now. this is as American as it can get people. thank you USofA

I'm going to amend my earlier post to add candied bacon appetizers and 15 yo whiskey. A nice old Cabernet is next.

My posts for the rest of the day should probably be ignored.

I'm with system on the alive and warm place to sleep.

That and dogs. And kindness from unexpected places.

Hope, I guess. As long as there is one more option that has yet to fall through, right?

I just overheard this from in the kitchen: "Fuck, I have to make gravy! I shouldn't have gotten stoned."

I'm thankful for the food and the family and my healthy boy, and for the 37 years my mom stuck around to help me. Thanks mom, rest in peace.
    sigless.

I am thankful. For a lot.

I'm thankful for Calvin Johnson.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid