Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Let's Bring the Gnarwhale Home fundraiser-

While this is in the original Maggot Down thread here, figured some may not be checking there regularly and might be interested in this fundraiser.

Here's to getting Gnarwhale back to the States and getting the best care available-

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fun...im-home/269288
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Done, despite the interaction.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Donated and shared. Awesome to see so many rise up to help a maggot, incredibly talented artist, and overall amazing person in his time of need. Sending my +vibes to him, his family and kickass fiancé.

Toby

Sent from my SM-G900V using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

in on it
    watch out for snakes

and one other damn awesome initiative launched for the GW [crosspost from the original thread]:

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx View Post
    also done and done!

And while you guys are at it... We are starting an art-sharing project for Jim! He has given the world SO MANY beautiful photographs and amazing drawings to enjoy, I think it's time to pay it forward with some art of your own. Grab a pencil, marker and a napkin crayon and paper, your cell phone, photoshop, MS Paint, whatever you have handy! Make something fun, awesome, positive, etc. and share on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc, and tag it with #GoodVibesPW Let's do this!!!!!!!!
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

In. Hope he gets home soon.

Done. Hope he is home soon.

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Awesome to see so many rise up to help a maggot, incredibly talented artist, and overall amazing person in his time of need.
    repeat for eternity

Jim is a rare human being, talented in so many ways, and always kind and positive. Help this good man and his family.

That's some horrible stuff to read about. Paypal on the way.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Thanks mags! Ben and I were out flying traction kites the other evening after a long, frustrating day dealing with permit bureaucracy. A big gust came along and lofted me. I was clipped into the 4m kite (small by snow kite standards) with my climbing harness. There's not just one, but two emergency release options, but I thought I could hang on and regain control. Instead I got accelerated into the ground, smacked down hard, lost consciousness, and then was drug for a bit through the field. The last couple days since then have been a blur of drip morphine and staring at rectangular hospital ceiling tiles in Punta Arenas.

I'd bought SAR and medical rescue insurance for the three of us, which I'm glad I did. It's paying for an ambulance jet that's on its way from Florida to Chile now. If all goes well, I'll be back in the States on Saturday morning.

I broke a few vertebra in the fall and my friends Ben and Forrest found PA's fastest internet and uploaded the MRI imagery so that doctors in the states were able to weigh in. The consensus is that I might or might not regain use of my legs, but that there's nothing in the imagery that indicates I can't. Friends have been eager to share success stories of athletes who have regained mobility after similar or worse trauma. So maybe after surgery to fix my smashed vertebra, the swelling will go down and, after a ton of PT, I'll be able to ski again. I freakin hope so.

So, my Spangish is muy malo, but this phone's translate app just helped me understand that the nurse is here para un aseo genital and I think it might be rude to be typing through my afternoon sponge bath. Adios amigos !
    Last edited by The Gnarwhale; 11-27-2014 at 11:12 AM.

Just chipped in for ya, Jim. Best of luck to you man. I know you'll be posting connoisseur level stoke again soon.

Done. Tough break man. Thanks for all the stoke over the years. Heal up soon.

Donated. Hope you heel up fast and get back on your legs again. Puts our daily trivial shit in perspective.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

BUMP for Friday.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

contribution made. Good luck Gnarwhale, this sounds incredibly scary
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Sounds like rescue plane broke down in Chile, waiting for parts. Hopefully that or a faster plan b come together stat!

That's some shitty news^^^. Hope things come together soon.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Sounds like rescue plane broke down in Chile, waiting for parts. Hopefully that or a faster plan b come together stat!
    Some bad news, but good to see the GW posting.

Last year, a good friend/neighbor fell, broke some ribs and punctured his lung on his first run in Chile. It was the first time in his 81 years that he didn't buy trip/medical insurance... he had to stay in Chile for two months while his lung healed before heading back on a plane (due to decreased cabin pressure.)

Glad to see Jim had the foresight to buy insurance at least, but damn, hoping for the best and sending a little to hopefully help.
    Last edited by BigDaddy; 11-28-2014 at 06:40 PM.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    Donated. Hope you heel up fast and get back on your legs again. Puts our daily trivial shit in perspective.
    No shit, talking about trivial problems, I was just bitching in another thread about the lift being broke down today in Big Sky. Then I read this thread and think about the big picture. I will donate for sure.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Couldn't do much, but happy to help. Heal up

I don't check in for a couple of days and this kind of thing happens...best of luck and heal fast.

Donation made

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

cliff notes version from FB until he/kyle have time to check in:

First plane had broken down two stops before P.A., and the company was not forthcoming with explanations or solutions. The Gnarfamily worked the phones with all involved companies and eventually found a second air ambulance provider who agreed to do the flight. He's in the air now and is scheduled to land in Ohio Sunday at 2am, with surgery likely on Monday.

here's to a fast safe flight home---

thanks for us non FB people Tye

A bump on a thread that should be made "sticky" by TGR with a link on the Community front page.