Early Season TR: Mouth Breathing on Teton Pass for Tom Magliozzi

Since it is my understanding that it's my obligation to carry the torch here , I thought I'd "contribute" this brief video TR put together from some mouth-breathing done while biking and skiing, and holding my breath, and doing shitty little turns, and shitty little nosebutters, on Teton Pass, and dedicate these great early days of winter to the late, great Tom Magliozzi of Car Talk fame, who passed away in the transitions between season here. Thank you for dying laughing while making fun of Eastern Europeans for their lack of use of vowels...

"We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Magliozzi

No second o
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

From the law firm of Dewey, Skium and Now
    carpe diem vita brevis

and our Russian car shuttle driver, Skinup Andropoff...
    "We need sometimes to escape into open solitudes, into aimlessness, into the moral holiday of running some pure hazard, in order to sharpen the edge of life, to taste hardship, and to be compelled to work desperately for a moment at no matter what. -George Santayana, The Philosophy of Travel

...it would probably bother me more if I wasn't quite so heavily sedated. -David St. Hubbins, This Is Spinal Tap

One of my favorite zones up there that usually seems to get ignored by everyone but a few old timers. Dunno if I'd be in there right now with all the exposed scrub pine and deadfall, but looks like a fun run!

Nice. Do TRs go here or in the TR subforum?

gah. you moved it.
    Last edited by klar; 11-25-2014 at 10:43 AM.
    Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

get after it Dunfee!!! jealous for sure. new sticks?

Quote Originally Posted by SkiersLeft View Post
    get after it Dunfee!!! jealous for sure. new sticks?
    Thanks olly! Still coming down out there... I got those automatics mid season last year. Didn't ski them a ton but will more once I mount em a little farther forward. Slightly better tool in the real deep than my Deathwishes
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

I'm consistently blown away that the USFS allowed such fun trails to be built

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    Thanks olly! Still coming down out there... I got those automatics mid season last year. Didn't ski them a ton but will more once I mount em a little farther forward. Slightly better tool in the real deep than my Deathwishes
    Suppose those 5mm make a difference. The deathwish likes the forbidden porpoise technique. Had an over the head deep day with our hipster buddy a couple of years ago, he seemed to manage fine. won't you loose that float you gained by mounting forward? Anyways, enjoy the pow!!! It's supposed to snow here in January I here.

Nice video. I like the crash near the creek crossing