Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Straws Suck!

Good god, TGR is full of assholes who are too cool for their own good. Atrain, I voted. As a lifelong activist I know dam well that anything worth accomlishing is going to require tens, hundreds, thousands or millions of tiny, individual steps. I hope you can wrangle a few million less straws, since doing that is better than the fuck-all that most of the folks are going to get done.

"In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

what about the little plastic beads in toothpaste... ?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/t...ur-toothpaste/
    Last edited by Schemeboat; 11-24-2014 at 07:36 PM. Reason: found the link

Finally. Someone who gets it. I hate straws. My wife hates it that I complain about straws to wait staff. Straws are fucking stupid.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    Straws are fucking stupid.
    Again I ask, how the fuck do you drink your vat of carbonated HFCS water while driving and texting without it? It's impossible I tell you. Straws contribute greatly to roadway safety. Just think, if I don't have a straw I'm pretty much guaranted to dump that cold sticky shit all over myself and my car when I hit a speed bump which will cause me to swerve and maybe even have a spasm causing my car to rocket through a school zone right when the kindegartners are all holding hands crossing the street and I'm not sure my wiper blades are good enough to get that kind of crap off my windshield which means I'd probably run off the road and into some old lady's house.

Why won't you think of the children and the elderly?

But yah, straws in sit down restaurants are stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamespio View Post
    As a lifelong activist.
    Good lord you never miss an opportunity to sound sanctimonious around here do you? Shouldn't you be in Ferguson?

Nothing personal Pio, I'm sure you're a good person, but man you should consider toning down your own hype here.
    I still call it The Jake.

I though cigarette butts were the most common trash on the beach?

Following that logic straws would only be trash to non suckers.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrain505 View Post
    Would love to hear your suggestions so I can attempt to do something about it.
    Have you considered killing Kim Kardashian?

^^Nothing is worse than a non-sucker.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Good lord you never miss an opportunity to sound sanctimonious around here do you? Shouldn't you be in Ferguson?

Nothing personal Pio, I'm sure you're a good person, but man you should consider toning down your own hype here.
    have you read this thread? And you chose me to toss shit at? I'm flattered, but happily married.

You're right, the smug runs deep here. I'm with Hugh, KONY 2012!

Quote Originally Posted by Atrain505 View Post
    Would love to hear your suggestions so I can attempt to do something about it.
    You've got a long row to hoe, I'd start with blatant media glamorization of straws...like this:

Clearly a major part of the problem.

have you read this thread? And you chose me to toss shit at? I'm flattered, but happily married.
    In this theater of smug, you own the center stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I own it because I fucking bought it with decades of hard work. The man who isn't occasionally smug is the man who hasn't accomplished jack-shit.

I own it because I fucking bought it with decades of hard work. The man who isn't occasionally smug is the man who hasn't accomplished jack-shit.
    Yeah....no.

Bwahahahaha!!! Too good man, thanks!

I notice you fuckers aren't coming forward with any accomplishments.

At least Atrain is out there trying, if you haven't at least tried to do better then you got no grounds to criticize.

At least Atrain is out there trying, if you haven't at least tried to do better then you got no grounds to criticize.
    My family doesn't use straws. Also, I don't burn fossil fuels with a snowmobile or helicopters.

I don't feel the need to list all my benevolent acts on social media, much less a skiing website's social sub-forum to feel morally superior to a bunch of internet aliases there Pio. But don't let that stop you from being you! Keep up the fight for whatever the cause is this week man.

And this has nothing to do with the OP. This is all about you, just the way you like it.

I use straws to butter my bread, then I toss 'em. Does that count?

Good god, TGR is full of assholes who are too cool for their own good. Atrain, I voted.
    I expected nothing less than a crazy conversation on here. Expecting anything more is foolish! Thanks for the vote. Appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Schemeboat View Post
    what about the little plastic beads in toothpaste... ?
    People stop buying it. They'll stop making it.

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    I though cigarette butts were the most common trash on the beach?
    They are definitely found all the time and in quite large numbers, possibly more in number than straws, but definitely not more in space taken up, but there is also more than enough anti smoking stuff out there.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Have you considered killing Kim Kardashian?
    Only if I could tap that glorious oiled derrière first.

You've got a long row to hoe, I'd start with blatant media glamorization of straws...like this:

Clearly a major part of the problem.
    Clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    My family doesn't use straws. Also, I don't burn fossil fuels with a snowmobile or helicopters.
    Everyone's circumstances are different. I make part of my living for 4 months every year using fossil fuel burning devices to film people doing trivial stunts, some people make their living working on the oil rigs, others are as green as they come. Everyone needs to make a living and whatever they choose is fine by me. But everyone can limit their use of straws very simply and easily with no added stress or complications on their life. Pointless, single use garbage that has no reason for existence in its single use variety. I commend your family for not using straws. There should be more like it.

Wouldn't that pretty much fit the definition of smug?

I'm fine with what I've accomplished. I couldn't care less what you think of them.

Good god, TGR is full of assholes who are too cool for their own good. Atrain, I voted. As a lifelong activist I know dam well that anything worth accomlishing is going to require tens, hundreds, thousands or millions of tiny, individual steps. I hope you can wrangle a few million less straws, since doing that is better than the fuck-all that most of the folks are going to get done.
    posted from your account at Daily Kos?

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    those tiny stir straws the old fucks use to stir non dairy creamer, what's that all about.
    exactly. you take away the other straws, parents everywhere will shriek. nobody can hear the old geezers hoarsely attempting to mumble an obviously inanimate complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I don't feel the need to list all my benevolent acts on social media, much less a skiing website's social sub-forum to feel morally superior to a bunch of internet aliases there Pio.
    Yeah, you only keep posting in response to me because you don't care.

If you're happy with who you are and don't need to interact with others to feel good about that, then please for the love of god stop interacting with us.

^and you dipshits wonder why people hate dentists.