Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Bill Cosby?????

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    No one knows whether Crosby is innocent other than Crosby himself, and his victims. Our legal system tries to do the best job possible at reaching the correct outcome. Does it reach the correct outcome 100% of the time, no. But in this case, we have disingenuous prosecutor blatantly disregarding the 5th Amendment, one of most important rights afforded to us. And then this prosecutor will go around blasting the court for setting a guilty man free, and the most Americans will nod in agreement. The net result is Americans lose faith in our system, which hurts us all.
    Did I blast the legal system? Or declare that it didn't reach the correct outcome? Did I suggest that the court should not have set him free?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

"No one knows whether Crosby is innocent other than Crosby himself, and his victims."

I always thought Bing was such a nice man. I blame Dean Martin for most of the shenanigans.

Are there other states that could bring charges? Hope so.
    Everybody's gotta have parkas. I'm talking custom parkas. Two words: "client development." They see all of you out there cutting the powder in your matching Schweikart & Cokely parkas, you'll make an impression. You will thank me later.

Just let him die a lonely old, sick man.

Danno, read the opinion today before expressing your opinion?

Crosby, like everyone, has 5th amendment right to not incriminate themselves. So in a civil law suit, you don't have to testify so long as you still face the potential of criminal charges. Previous prosecutor announced Crosby would not be charged. They specifically did this because they wanted to force Crosby to have to testify in his civil suit. Since prosecutor said there would not be criminal charges, Crosby was not able to plead the 5th and was forced to testify against his will. Then, years later, the new criminal prosecutor decided to charge Crosby (because statute of limitations had not yet run) and used Crosby's testimony against him in the new criminal trial.

From NYTimes: Today, the PA Supreme Court wrote that a “non-prosecution agreement” that had been struck with a previous prosecutor meant that Mr. Cosby should not have been charged in the case, and that he should be discharged. They barred a retrial in the case.

Also, one of Crosby's previous trials ended in a mistrial. A deadlocked jury mistrial after six days of deliberations, meaning some of the jurors thought he was guilty, some thought he was innocent. A deadlocked mistrial does not prove innocence, but it definitely shows this was a very tough case.

Now go along and spout off on how terrible lawyers are and how our court system is so fucked up.
    It's Bill COSBY, sir. You leave Sid the Kid (or whomever other Crosby) out of this.

Crosby, like everyone, has 5th amendment right to not incriminate themselves.
    No one knows whether Crosby is innocent other than Crosby himself, and his victims.
    Isn't the point of today's ruling that Cosby incriminated himself in the civil trial because of the belief from a legal standpoint that he was no longer facing state prosecution? In other words we the public know Cosby is guilty because he said so himself?

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Did I blast the legal system? Or declare that it didn't reach the correct outcome? Did I suggest that the court should not have set him free?
    No. But it's these celebrity cases where most Americans form their opinions of our legal system. And the story line going forward will not be "I can't believe the prosecutor disregarded his 5th Amendment rights and he had to sit in prison for three years before a court finally had the balls to make the right legal call." It will be, "I can't believe our legal system let another guilty one walk."

The prosecutor is already blasting the court saying Cosby went free "on a procedural issue that is irrelevant to the facts of the crime." Like how he characterizes disregarding 5th amendment rights as a "procedural issue?" I'm pretty sure this prosecutor is free to appeal this decision to the US Supreme Court, but he won't, because he knows it is legally correct. Instead, he will just continue to push the evil PA Supreme Court let this guilty dude walk story because it gets him places politically. There are legal opinions telling prosecutors to not publicly criticize jury verdicts or appeal court rulings specifically because it erodes public confidence in the system. But as you can see, most don't give a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Isn't the point of today's ruling that Cosby incriminated himself in the civil trial because of the belief from a legal standpoint that he was no longer facing state prosecution? In other words we the public know Cosby is guilty because he said so himself?
    I don't know the facts of the case. But the fact that one of his trials resulted in a hung jury tells me whatever he said in the civil case wasn't as simple as a full confession. There were at least some jurors who thought Cosby was innocent in that trial.

This is how most cops and prosecutors think. They don't care about Constitutional rights. When they violate someones right and the court tosses the case, they don't think, gee, I shouldn't have done that. They think the system is bs and just go on violating our rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    No.
    Then don't go after me for a point I didn't make. If you don't like how the American public might interpret this ruling, post away about that. But to use me and my posts as a strawman for arguments that I didn't make is BS.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by thedude2340 View Post
    Iced tea all over my keyboard.
    I still call it The Jake.

The main question is will he get a Netflix series?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

He already has one. David Crosby: Remember My Name

I loved his Quaker Oats commercials.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    It's Cosby... FFS
    I was going to say that everything altasnob has posted in this thread is almost invalidated in my eyes by constantly using an incorrect name.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

I don't know the facts of the case. But the fact that one of his trials resulted in a hung jury tells me whatever he said in the civil case wasn't as simple as a full confession. There were at least some jurors who thought Cosby was innocent in that trial.

This is how most cops and prosecutors think. They don't care about Constitutional rights. When they violate someones right and the court tosses the case, they don't think, gee, I shouldn't have done that. They think the system is bs and just go on violating our rights.
    Setting aside the legal issues, Cosby admitted on the record to giving Alcohol laced with Quaaludes to women, young women, in order to have sex with them. That's not in dispute. The dispute is whether there was consent. The women say no, that the quaaludes were in the drinks without their knowledge, Cosby says there was consent.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Setting aside the legal issues, Cosby admitted on the record to giving Alcohol laced with Quaaludes to women, young women, in order to have sex with them. That's not in dispute. The dispute is whether there was consent. The women so no, Cosby says yes.
    You leave him out of it.

Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Just let him die a lonely old, sick man.
    Well, the POS is a pariah, so nobody will have anything to do with him, but if you were a victim of his assaults you may want to shoot his ass and I for one would not convict you.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

The only thing really in doubt in my mind is where the fuck did he get Quaaludes?

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    The only thing really in doubt in my mind is where the fuck did he get Quaaludes?
    He realized their value and stashed a few boxes back in 1972.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

It took 90 minutes for the little fuckers to kick in, but once they did -- pow! I had skipped the tingle phase and went straight to the drool phase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    It's Bill COSBY, sir. You leave Sid the Kid (or whomever other Crosby) out of this.
    Don't let the innocent look and the nickname fool you. Sid is approaching dirty old man age.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    You leave him out of it.

That's Young you fucking moran. This is Crosby.

Name:  Stephen-Stills-e1565968500904.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  18.5 KB

This has been my question since the beginning. Any way I could get some jello infused with ludes?

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    This has been my question since the beginning. Any way I could get some jello infused with ludes?
    Ludes are still big in South Africa.