Binding settings for Marker m11

I have the front and rear set to 9 right now (goes up to 11). I don't really know anything about binding adjustments, I just wanted to stop popping out of my skis from every little jump I hit. My dad is telling me that I am definitely going to tear my ACL and to get them checked at a ski shop, but I know from previous experiences that ski shops will just set them back to marker's standard for liability so I'm not going to do that.
    Anyone know if this seems safe? Last weekend I skied on back at 9 and front on 5, hit lots of bumps (it was much softer snow though) and didn't pop out once, and felt super bouncy and light (in a good way), but I figure they should both probably be at the same number. They were at 6 and 5 when I was popping out a lot.

You need to get DIN16+ if u want to ski aggressively. You would know that if you spent a little time searching and read the sticky thread "Post New Threads in the Right Fucking Place".

You would also know that the Marker M series is famous for pre-release, so your daddy is technically guilty of at least child neglect for making you use shit for clamps. You should turn him in to social services.

autograft

Maybe remove the binding from the ski and use some gorilla glue to attach your boot. Be sure to check and recheck boot sole center prior to using glue. A lot of guy around here forget that. And make sure the toe is pointing toward the tip. Fucked that one up once, but then I just learned to ski switch, so not was cool. Anyway, gorilla glue is kind of perfectly formulated that is you spread it along the entire sole, and you have a decent BFI, release will only happen when you need it. Works great, except when your ski does release, that is it for the day. Gita take them back to the shop to remount.

Ps, do not use the gorilla brand super glue. That stuff will not release and you will tear your ACL.

Or just buy a pair of decent bindings. Or start with your low setting and increase by a 1/2 DIN until they stay on as you like. Or work on your finesse and stop banging into every turn like a spaZz. Any of those might work.

I know you're young, but c'mon...
    "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning".

-Scottish Proverb

1. Put boot in binding.
    2. Tighten all adjustments as far as they go. (DIN settings, toe height, forward pressure, wings)
    3. Go hit jumps. All day long.
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

M11 have wing adjustments? They sound rad.

I saw the title and knew this one was going to be rich and was not disappointed...

OP, in all seriousness PM Alpinezone...

I think you need the M51s I have sitting buried somewhere in storage. Since they are 51s and not 11s they're burlier for your needs.

Listen--someday this kid is going to be president (if he doesn't kill himself first) and he's going to cut our social security because we're being assholes now.
    Kid--your dad is wrong. You won't tear your ACL--bindings won't prevent that. But you will break your leg.
    DIN is determined by your height and weight, your boot sole length (BSL--which is written on the side of the sole) and by your ability level I (beginner) through III (expert). If you want to set the DIN yourself you can look up a DIN chart on the internet.
    One reason for coming out of bindings is that the forward pressure is not set correctly. Do you know how to check that? If not you should take it to a shop. Or the bindings could be old and worn out. A shop has a machine that can test if the bindings are working properly--if you go to a shop make sure they test the bindings, not just set them.
    People who hit a lot of jumps, especially big ones, do often set their bindings higher than recommended--if you do that you have to be willing to accept a higher risk of injury. (You can get hurt coming out of your bindings at the wrong time, too. That's how I dislocated my shoulder). If you decide to do that don't go more than 1 number at a time and try it for a while. If it's always the heel that releases just increase the setting on the heel. The heel and toe don't have to match.
    You might also see if you can find someone who knows what they're doing to see if you're landing properly.
    Some brands of bindings have a reputation for releasing too easily when they're not supposed to. If your bindings are properly set and you're coming out a lot you might be able to talk your dad into buying you different bindings like Look Pivots, Rossignol FKS (same as the Looks) or Salomon STH2--or you could earn the money by delivering newspapers. (PM me if you don't know what a newspaper is.)

Quote Originally Posted by wildmanwillie View Post
    this, obviously.

This isn't Nam, Smokey, there are rules!
    Calmer than you dude

Quote Originally Posted by freshie247 View Post
    This isn't Nam, Smokey, there are rules!
    There's a good chance that movie is older than the OP.
    OP--he means next time post in tech talk.