Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Surfer that Snowboards, or Skier that Surfs?

Which are you? After my last trip down to El Sal I am convinced that I am a surfer that snowboards. (even though I have been land locked living in the mountains for the past 15 years.

Does it come down to what you grew up doing? What resonates most with your psyche? I do love snowboarding A LOT, however if my job was different I would happily trade pow days in for glassy barrels in a heartbeat.. One day

Considering snowboarding is lame, I would just tell people you surf ....Brah.

.....However, you probably suck at surfing (it's fucking tough, unlike snowboarding) so you'd sound like a poser saying you're a surfer....

When can we expect a click bait article on your website about this very engaging topic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Hugh Conway Guest
    you write shitty spam for money and grind stoke into tiny little bits that match your dick

< insert dickbag 310 making fun of someone bumping his shitty thread for his shitty website, but it's ok cuz he's a fucking bro, who's lolz, a surfer living inland > < followed by some dumbcunt like shredgnar waving his stupid dick about some hilarious flight of his s-bit brain > < followed by vapid stoke from the tourist bureau> < followed by rodneyvee being too ballless to post under his real name >

another epic fail thread on TGR ...

how could one possibly be offended by this place ???
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

What about surfers that ski and snowboarders that surf and losers that win and winners that lose? Total racist bullshit keeping those demographics out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    What about surfers that ski and snowboarders that surf and losers that win and winners that lose? Total racist bullshit keeping those demographics out.
    Racist fucks probably won't even let you surf at Alta!
    get paid

The toxicity is so welcoming. I have a proposal for Hugh Conway and Mt Pet Powder Goat...

Since you are now polluting the surf boards, which I highly doubt either of you have ever seen the inside of a barrel or can make a bottom turn....

Here it is: I challenge you to a race - If you can beat me paddling around any pier in southern California on a shortboard I will delete all most post, cancel my account on TGR and never come back to this website. It's like that old ski movie, right??

Shit I would even be willing to pay for your flights just to watch you suffer in person. Otherwise do us all a favor and stop running your mouths.

Hugh Conway Guest
    You bump your own thread days later for this shit? Not enough hits from your other "I'm so rad" bullshit?

The more you sit there smug in Jackson lording how fucking rad you are over all of us.... the harder I fucking laugh at you being a stokeless shit. Your media presence reminds me just how fucking toxic bros are, everywhere. I don't want to be in the same fucking state as you, much less the same patch of water.

So do "us all" a favor and if you want a cheerleading section for your shit, stick to your blog, or get the good bro's here to hit the full on "cheerleader mode". Tye's got the switch.

Quote Originally Posted by media310 View Post
    The toxicity is so welcoming. I have a proposal for Hugh Conway and Mt Pet Powder Goat...

Since you are now polluting the surf boards, which I highly doubt either of you have ever seen the inside of a barrel or can make a bottom turn....

Here it is: I challenge you to a race - If you can beat me paddling around any pier in southern California on a shortboard I will delete all most post, cancel my account on TGR and never come back to this website. It's like that old ski movie, right??

Shit I would even be willing to pay for your flights just to watch you suffer in person. Otherwise do us all a favor and stop running your mouths.
    Ohhhh, a paddle off! Commence dick waving

Your OP os vague and doesn't explain that you grew up surfing, only that you've lived in the mtn for 15 years but love surfing. Like I said surfing is difficult. Snowboarding isn't. Call yourself whatever you want, nobody cares.

Relax Francis, your tiny dick is poking out of your undone zipper.

And no you can't mount me
    get paid

Hugh Conway Guest
    what kind of limpdicked faggot sends PMs about this shit? Seriously, what the fucks wrong with you media310? Maybe Dunfee can create a "brospammers" forum where you could post and not get offened that there are assholes on the internet.

^^^spun out guy^^^
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Is that my schtick? Thanks. I did not know that.

I hope the surf is as good in {mid-west big city location censored at La Hugh's request} as the skiing is.

killing it
    Last edited by ~mikey b; 11-29-2014 at 09:16 PM.

Glad you're happy little buddy. Isn't it time for meds and beddy bye?

Edit: action sports? I didn't even know I did "action sports". I just thought I was a skier. I'm certainly no surfer these days, and I'm a shit mtn biker.

"Action Sports" I gotta look that up so I know what's expected of me.
    Last edited by ~mikey b; 11-29-2014 at 06:24 PM.

Hugh Conway Guest
    aww, mike's a couple IPAs deep and in need of a fight in his awesome life.

I haven't sent you a pm in months Carl. I gave up on you.

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your longjohns

Kooks on TGR can surf heavy waves but cant 50/50 on a 5 foot transition but hate snowboarding ha !

Which kook is surfing heavy waves? And why would anyone give a shit about what happens in a park.

I've done both. Boarding is fine. Skis are just better tools for getting out and about IMHO.

I mean, why not, eh?

Also IMHO surfing is pretty much always way more fun then dickin around 50/50 on any transition.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post

I've done both. Boarding is fine. Skis are just better tools for getting out and about IMHO.
    agreed. i was never originally a skier. i used to snowboard.

What did I miss? I haven't been around for awhile, but the hatez for the OP question is puzzling. I have surfed for 20 years and skied for 10, but I would rather be a great skier any day. Maybe that will change down the road and I will want to surf all the time again. Anyways, carry on.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

JM2C. I grew up surfing, and keep it going with an annual trip, but have been living in the mountains for 25 years. While the physical act of surfing and skiing are similar, surfing is (usually) competing for rarity with a bunch of dudes, whereas skiing as I know it feels like rejoicing in plenitude with friends. Sure I love riding waves, and when I travel to the ends of the earth to score glassy overhead point break perfection with only my brother and I in the water I get nostalgic for what surfing might once have been, but 99.99% of what passes for surfing isn't like that. The surf/fashion/media industry has convinced the world's middle class that surfing is cool in order to sell premium t-shirts, but crowding the scarce supply of waves with posers has turned them all into assholes (aggression is an inevitable stress response to overcrowding), so call me a happy and contented skier. Snowboarding is just a bio-mechanically inferior version of skiing for those who buy into the myth of cool ("look at me, I'm surfing on snow").

I would be a skier that surfs. Came late to surfing and will never be as good at surfing as skiing but I love surfing more right now. Both have a great aesthetic . To counter what Koot said I would also add that rockered fat skis have made powder the new point break. Too many skiers battling for fresh tracks. Now with the explosion of touring gear you have to go further and further out to have some isolation. I am probably the equivalent of of an intermediate skier in the water but I have that stoke when I do new things on a surfboard that I used to have 3 decades ago when I was an improving skier. I learned surfing in the PNW and there is rarely any aggro people in the water here as there is a mutual respect for everyone that is out in 50 degree water. When in So Cal or Hawaii I always show respect and have never had anyone get aggressive with me.
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    The surf/fashion/media industry has convinced the world's middle class that surfing is cool in order to sell premium t-shirts, but crowding the scarce supply of waves with posers has turned them all into assholes (aggression is an inevitable stress response to overcrowding), so call me a happy and contented skier. Snowboarding is just a bio-mechanically inferior version of skiing for those who buy into the myth of cool ("look at me, I'm surfing on snow").
    Spot on, crazy to think that before the Gidget movies and the media there were only a handful of surfers driving up and down the coast. Typically when it's under 10 foot there are A LOT of kooks in the water these days, everyone is a "surfer" all it takes is a board, and wetsuit and your living the dream.

Snowboarding is just a bio-mechanically inferior version of skiing for those who buy into the myth of cool ("look at me, I'm surfing on snow") - just might be the funniest and somewhat true thing I have seen on here in sometime, appreciate that!!

Alright, im a boarder that rides. I started skating when i was 8. I started skiing at about the same age. I got pretty decent at skiing and really enjoyed it. But then I got my first real snowboard at 14 and i was hooked. Never skied again. Still skateboard every day i can. I've never surfed. Maybe I'll try one day. It looks hard as fuck.

http://www.surfingmagazine.com/video...rs-hippy-dick/
    (Pun intended)
    27° 18°

Skier who skateboards? I have this sweet G&S Fibreflex pintail 44 longboard with Abec 11 classic green Big Zig 75s, Bones Red bearings, and Indy trucks. Thing motors. I just cruise it tho; don't slide.

Unfortunately for me, I'm having inner ear issues and may need to move it. Anyone else skate?