Sweet bikes for sale- need a good home

Two bikes, both listed here:
    http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1679652/

http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1679648/

2012 Trek Slash 9- Very custom build - willing to separate / swap parts to make even more reasonable
    2013 Devinci Wilson Carbon - pretty much as nice as it gets.

Thought someone may want a good deal on a nice bike. Some of the crustier folks around here know I keep my bikes pretty nice, no time for shit parts.... (Ain't nobody got time for that)
    "People blame me because these water mains break, but I ask you, if the
    water mains didn't break, would it be my responsibility to fix them then?
    WOULD IT!?!"
    - M. Barry,
    Mayor of Washington, DC

Damn, nice builds! Kinda makes me wish I was in the market. What's replacing these bad boys?
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Damn, nice builds! Kinda makes me wish I was in the market. What's replacing these bad boys?
    Hey Dude, you are always in the market. There is even more little goodies on these I did not list. You get the Drewshbag discount, should I box both up for ya? I have been on a slightly modified Mach 6 all year, LOVE it. If the Devinci sells, going to a Pivot Phoenix as well...Gotta support our boy Kevin. He's hitting home runs these days...
    WOULD IT!?!"
    - M. Barry,
    Mayor of Washington, DC

How does one modify a Mach 6? Inquiring minds want to know....

Love my Firebird!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    How does one modify a Mach 6? Inquiring minds want to know....
    I like to build my bikes from the frame up so I tend to have a very different buildup, plus I like to try idea's my boy's at Go-ride want to "try". This build went like this:
    Started with a Large frame w/ Fox Float X and went with a BOS Deville 160 to start. That fork was AWESOME but as is everyone's worry with these guys, it locked down to 140mm after a very hard crash and I'm still trying to get it fixed. The distributor I got the fork from hasn't returned a message in three months, bla, bla....

So I switched to the 2015 Fox 36, 160mm. Love it, a lot. 99% as good as the BOS, weighs less, I can get parts to fix it, etc. I did experience the same issue Jared Graves did in Whistler lately (stuck down due to over-pressure in the negative chamber, had to pull the rod that goes though the two air chambers to release it). Fox thinks I may have flexed the fork enough to allow the negative air to get trapped. At least it was an easy fix.

For the rear, I liked the Float X but did overload it a bit. Cane Creek doesn't advertise it much but you can have them machine a DB Air CS so that it will fit the rear bolt hole. I've had that shock for a couple of months and really like it, feels bottomless/ climbs very well but I have had to send it back once already due to another negative air pressure issue. I think I may be too big to ride like the rest of you guys...

I did bend the DW link that is sandwiched into the real linkages, probably in the very rough wreck that took out the BOS or just riding the bike like a DH rig all the time. Pivot got me one overnight. In talking to Pivot, a revised, stronger link will be available soon that I hope to be one of the first to get my hands on. It will stiffen up the rear a bit, that is fine for me but may add a little harshness for lighter riders. If you look from the rear of the bike at the seat tube, the space on the upper link should be equal on both sides. If it is not, look at your DW link. Also be careful when torqueing the rear shock bolt. This caused some creaking issues when it first came out and the fix was increased torque setting; just make sure everything is straight before final torqueing.

Rest of the build:
    Enve AM's on I9 Torch hubs- I don't need a bell anymore, I just back pedal due to these being so loud (I love loud /high engagement hubs)
    XTR trail brakes - I did switch to a Sram front adapter /200mm front rotor -works great / still quiet
    XX1 derailleur / cassette /chain (I wish Shimano would get up to speed in the 1x11 world)
    Race Face Next SL cranks / ring
    MRP AMg - carbon chain guide
    Enve DH bar's, uncut 800mm
    Chris King headset
    Stealth reverb seat post
    Race Face Affect seat
    Minnion Front / High Roller rear
    XTR trail pedals

I could not be happier with this bike. I rarely rode my DH bike this year due to this bike being so fun.
    WOULD IT!?!"
    - M. Barry,
    Mayor of Washington, DC

"USS Kickass" right next to a canadian flag?

How do I know I can trust you? It's not stuffed with poutine is it?
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    "USS Kickass" right next to a canadian flag?

How do I know I can trust you? It's not stuffed with poutine is it?
    No, the bike isn't..... but I am. If you ever want to see me the happiest I can get, find me either at the GLC at the end of the day with a Jug of Kokanee / plate of Poutine (summer) or find me at the end of the day @ Whitewater with a Jug of Kokanee / plate of Poutine (winter).
    WOULD IT!?!"
    - M. Barry,
    Mayor of Washington, DC

You still go to whistler?

We should talk. And split some 'tine.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp