Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch

Wasatch STOKE, Conditions, Obs and assorted drival 14/15

aint no rulez arguing about them is pointless and adds little
    threads gonna be what its gonna be based on what ya choose to post or some refrain from postin
    Ideally current backcountry obs, instabilities, humor stoke or things that others might find useful would dominate
    headed up to b right on ,skittle compaction in full effect
    bailed for silver fork 2 tp variable 10" lower to 2' drifts
    bout 15" at teepees, primarily graybird bit of blue sky, bit of short snow en-training gusts.
    instabilities observed in hasties, collapsing and cracking and naturals in n facing lower davenport and emma ridge

and

low angled lovin and light feet
    there is an ER in hero powder turns produced smiles.
    heres hopin for a good thread and season in wasngles
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Missed you today... Took a misguided late pm hike up guardsman. Didn't seem so flat on the way up. Even with wide skis had to walk down half of that shit lol. At least the misses enjoyed herself!

ARE YOU SPEAKING EBONICS?

Quote Originally Posted by warren jeffs View Post
    ARE YOU SPEAKING EBONICS?
    With a count of 1 you are not familiar with the language of SFB, and no it is not Ebonics. IPerfectly understandable,in these parts its referred to as the language of Wasangeles.

Took a stroll up the summers road. Lots of smiles and stoke. You could smell the safety in the safety meetings a block away. People looking to press a thin pack early in the season, remember those rocks have no give this early. Oh, did you freshen up your batteries and skills?
    carpe diem vita brevis

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    With a count of 1 you are not familiar with the language of SFB, and no it is not Ebonics. IPerfectly understandable,in these parts its referred to as the language of Wasangeles.
    I hope this isn't the language of wasangeles since Utah already gets made fun of enough as it is.

^^^^^You have been hear since 2009 and you don't understand SFB jibberish? I understand the jong being a jong, but when the ambassador speaks, you should pay attention. Now post up some stoke for us So Cal guys to drool over.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

this'll probably be the only time I strap the skis on this November, with the conditions shallow/sketchy and leaving on a 10 day xgiving trip to end the month. still was stoked to slide around a little bit yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post

this'll probably be the only time I strap the skis on this November, with the conditions shallow/sketchy and leaving on a 10 day xgiving trip to end the month. still was stoked to slide around a little bit yesterday
    Still have any interest in getting out sometime this week or did you cure your early season itch?
    For that matter anyone want to get out tuesday or wednesday and show an SLC jong around?

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Still have any interest in getting out sometime this week or did you cure your early season itch?
    For that matter anyone want to get out tuesday or wednesday and show an SLC jong around?
    Totally down to get out tues/weds! I'm also an SLC jong though, so I dunno how helpful I'll be as far as showing you new areas.

Maybe by then the avy rose will have settled down...? I think the resorts are all closed to uphill though, so it's bona fide backcountry or bust.

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    Totally down to get out tues/weds! I'm also an SLC jong though, so I dunno how helpful I'll be as far as showing you new areas.

Maybe by then the avy rose will have settled down...? I think the resorts are all closed to uphill though, so it's bona fide backcountry or bust.
    Shot ya a PM.

Got out on Saturday, better than expected. Found some nice pockets, didn't really hit anything somehow.

Ascending through the snowguns

Soft slabs lurking

Ian

Me

nobody is scared in thigh deep blower ontop of nothing it seems like. nobodys also scared of early season avalanches either around alta (like usual)

I'm not scared if I know nothing but grass is under it.

Last edited by Johnny Deep; 11-17-2014 at 05:00 PM.
    Johnny's only sin was dispair

Dibs did you ever get that Dynafit jig? Lemme kno!

gave oylmpus the jig fundage last week, old ones at the shop and can wing radicals pretty easy if your in a hurries
    quite the majestic lineup for the resort opener
    headed up millie for a quicky
    1st oh fuck i aint got boots and 1st rock induced ski ganking digger
    good bit of settlement and solar funkages w/ increasing stabilities noted
    coverage lackin cept

probably head back up that way towards sillysummit or egp
    pm me if you beta seekin jongs wanna join
    jeffy jong it's like altabonics
    cept nobody cares
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Hey sfb, your thread doesn't have "OFFICIAL" in the title. Jong mofo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Hey sfb, your thread doesn't have "OFFICIAL" in the title. Jong mofo.
    Laughter on this end. I love this place.
    Johnny's only sin was dispair

ofishcereal 4 U

Skied E facing 10.8k Wolvie laps today, didn't see anyone else for some reason.

They took most of the rocks out and changed it's aspect, so it skied more like Grizz. Lots of whumping and cracking, careful out there.

Arash

John

Wolvie

Went up the 10,420 west ridge to check things out today. My partner remotely triggered this from the skin track on the ridge, pretty sensitive out dere. 9,700' N facing with windloading. The trees have a good 2-3 feet of snow but not quite ready yet. No core shots

Sketchy thanks for reporting this
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

spun a few sillytude laps fore headin back to the silver snow study plot
    wasn't a lot of in your face instabilities
    signs of an apex predator had the 4 legged cloven crew volunteer slope stability some steep slopes w/out results
    a small test slope needed a bit of prodding to collapse crack and release around the corner

hasties reveled piss poor snowpack structure plenty o grap

drifts up to 4' deep were stubborn sometimes waitinfg for the 3rd person across to collapse and collapsing and cracking to ground
    surprisingly no naturals observed along the meadows, flannies, dav or emma

skied stellar like a right side up nov. 18"er should

feed the jones

dawgs

Anyone get out today or did the report spook everyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...