turks & caicos advice

will be headed to providenciales next week. Would appreciate some advice.

Any cool beaches? Good spots to snorkel? restaurant advice? any other cool things to see and do?

We did the t&c thing in '07. It was okay. Won't do it again. Nice resorts, beach, etc... but that's all. Dominica is a better trip. Tips? Snorkling, and the buffet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

^^^
    Not calling you a liar, but you're crazy I you think Dominica is better than T&C. Depends on where you were I guess?

There's a whole T&C advice thread somewhere on here from a ways back.

We stayed at the Gansevoort last time down on Grace Bay and did a few nights at Turks and Caicos club prior to that. Both were fantastic but very different. Gansevoort was as you'd expect, top flight everything but pricey. (Everything is pricey in Provo) T&C Club was like having your own resort - small boutique place with basically your own private white sand beach.

We did Point Grace the trip before and loved it. 20 some villas/rooms and a gorgeous beach.

Conch Shack is like any other Caribbean dive that attracts tourists but can be fun. Again, if not pricey.

Diving is out of this world. So is the water.

See if you can find the other thread for more.

Oh and be warned. A case of Corona or cheap US domestic beer at the grocery is ~$56 if you're planning on buying your own food while on island.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    ^^^
    Not calling you a liar, but you're crazy I you think Dominica is better than T&C. Depends on where you were I guess?

There's a whole T&C advice thread somewhere on here from a ways back.

We stayed at the Gansevoort last time down on Grace Bay and did a few nights at Turks and Caicos club prior to that. Both were fantastic but very different. Gansevoort was as you'd expect, top flight everything but pricey. (Everything is pricey in Provo) T&C Club was like having your own resort - small boutique place with basically your own private white sand beach.

We did Point Grace the trip before and loved it. 20 some villas/rooms and a gorgeous beach.

Conch Shack is like any other Caribbean dive that attracts tourists but can be fun. Again, if not pricey.

Diving is out of this world. So is the water.

See if you can find the other thread for more.

Oh and be warned. A case of Corona or cheap US domestic beer at the grocery is ~$56 if you're planning on buying your own food while on island.
    Not a diver or snorkler, so whatever T&C has going for it in that area is lost on me. We always do a little, but I don't really care either way. T&C is just resorts. Dominica was a month in a hut on the side of a mountain. We went to this one beach every day for two weeks and saw one other person one day. People were incredibly friendly, and we had several good nights hanging out with random people in Portsmouth. Great times. Dominica is a real place. T&C is like Disney land in comparison.
    Hugh Conway sucks
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    Not a diver or snorkler, so whatever T&C has going for it in that area is lost on me. We always do a little, but I don't really care either way. T&C is just resorts. Dominica was a month in a hut on the side of a mountain. We went to this one beach every day for two weeks and saw one other person one day. People were incredibly friendly, and we had several good nights hanging out with random people in Portsmouth. Great times. Dominica is a real place. T&C is like Disney land in comparison.
    Parts of T&C can be like any other high end resort, but you're shortchanging yourself if you think that the isolated places don't exist. In fact they're everywhere. As I mentioned in my post, my wife and I went days without seeing someone on our slice of Grace Bay - for as far as we could see. Dominica is mountainous and rainforest-y, T&C's highest elevation is a few meters above sea level. Two totally different landscapes and both offer the plush and rustic routes.

But then again, we're not talking about what the OP asked then are we?

Bring an 8-weight and a 10-weight, bonefish flies and big flyrod poppers. The jacks will hit anything you put in front of them, the bonefish are spooky from the Osprey, barracudas and locals netting whole schools of them. My friends have a house on Pine Cay, if you take a snorkel trip to fort george it is the 3rd one on the right going east. At the tip of fort george there are cannons in 5' of water with anemones growing out of them. Insane clear water. We never stay in Provo, just go for supplies.

Lookers right of the boat is a great flat, lots of big bones on the right tide. The house is the one directly to the left of the boat with the dock. The sandy tip at the top of the pic is where the cannons are. the beach on the north side is very private. BIG sharks everywhere….

Is Club Med still there? "Hoy. Oim Sally from Long Aweland. You wanna shot of Jagah?"

blah, blah, blah
    On "your slice" of grace bay, home of the grace bay club and hotel? Could you not see the other people over the fence?

Stfu, tool.
    Hugh Conway sucks

Was there in August. To eat, we liked Garan Masala, (because we like Indian and it appeared to be the only one, but was still good), Magnolia Wine Bar, because it's up on a hill overlooking the bay instead of on the beach, and Mr. Grouper's for a more local place. I highly recommend the Atabeyra http://www.suncharters.tc for a snorkeling sailboat ride. We snorkeled on a wreck, and out on the reef. Where the sailboat docks we rented SUPs twice to go to the iguana island and to circle the mangrove island.

I wanted to fly fish, but DIY was more difficult now as a lot/most of the good flats are protected now. Guides were pricey compared to about anywhere else. Renting a boat seemed impossible. I'm sure the previously rec'd flats were great. Next time I would rent an SUP or kayak for the day from the same place in the morning, and head out past the protected areas on the East side. Great pool and apps/drinks at the hotel next door to the SUP rental place.

Great snorkeling even in/at the Princess Alexandria protected area on Grace Bay.

I like crazy third world adventures, but it sure was nice to be treated extremely well by everyone, from the gas stations to the car rental folks, to the people at the stores, beaches, etc. They obviously want your tourist money.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

On "your slice" of grace bay, home of the grace bay club and hotel? Could you not see the other people over the fence?

Stfu, tool.
    Well you got aggressive quick.

Yup, not a single person. And no fences either. Just empty beach in iether direction. Gansevoort is te closest property but it's around a bend and about 3/4 a mile away so you can't see it. I'll post pics of the emptiness for you to drool over.

Again, I think you must have vacationed at sandals when you were there by your aggro-stubbornness.

Well you got aggressive quick.

Yup, not a single person. And no fences either. Just empty beach in iether direction. Gansevoort is te closest property but it's around a bend and about 3/4 a mile away so you can't see it. I'll post pics of the emptiness for you to drool over.

Again, I think you must have vacationed at sandals when you were there by your aggro-stubbornness.
    You can "think" whatever you want. I'm using that term pretty loosely. The resorts are nice... But T&C not very similar to Dominica and far more densely populated. I happen to prefer Dominica. Not sure why you feel like you have to claim that T&C is different, but also the same, and better, and that someone who prefers Dominica is crazy... But whatever the reason, you're a tool. In fact, you're exactly the sort of tool I'd expect to run into at some carribean resort.
    Hugh Conway sucks

You can "think" whatever you want. I'm using that term pretty loosely. The resorts are nice... But T&C not very similar to Dominica and far more densely populated. I happen to prefer Dominica. Not sure why you feel like you have to claim that T&C is different, but also the same, and better, and that someone who prefers Dominica is crazy... But whatever the reason, you're a tool. In fact, you're exactly the sort of tool I'd expect to run into at some carribean resort.
    Listen chief, I never had beef with you but I'm starting to see how you rub so many here the wrong way.

Both locales offer seclusion and resort options, and that you can find both was my only point (since you insisted on bringing up Dominica in a T&C thread - compete nonsequitur. But since you want to call names I'll play. You remind me of the touron at the dock waiting for your cruise ship tender as we sail by on our Bennetau. Enjoy the t shirt shops on the way to your authentic jungle hut.

NA-na-na-boo-boo stick your head in Doo Doo.

NA-na-na-boo-boo stick your head in Doo Doo.
    Ignored. I fucking love this feature!
    Hugh Conway sucks

We went in 2007. Rented a condo on Grace Bay - the name escapes me. Beautiful beach but not much beyond the strip then. We're active divers and while we enjoyed the diving (the only time I've spotted a sea horse), the hour boat ride to/from the dive sites south of the island really ate into other activities.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Ignored. I fucking love this feature!
    Congrats. You're the first person who's ignored me. For disagreeing with you about a vacation spot. I'm sure that says more about you than me. Hope this works out for you!

I'll think of you, and this thread as we're sailing the BVI for Thanksgiving. TR to follow to get your opinion on all our moorings.

Ironic that you fucktards are at it over experiences that differ based on money. Maybe take notice of the fact that the OP didn't really bring up budget?

Shut up fucktard, this is serious business.

I don't think I ever mentioned money other than TC is pricey. Just like every other Caribbean/island destination not named Haiti.

Probably some deals to be found in Equatorial Guinea.

Near the Indian place there's a pretty good wine bar/gelato joint.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda