Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Too late this winter, but anyone tour in the Big Holes? Now that I'm right near Patterson creek, there has to be some stuff to ride when the snowpack is healthy?

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Too late this winter, but anyone tour in the Big Holes? Now that I'm right near Patterson creek, there has to be some stuff to ride when the snowpack is healthy?
    Stouts mountain. Google earth that thing
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    Stouts mountain. Google earth that thing
    Kinda on the other side of the range from where I'm thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    I used to live up Patterson, the best touring we found was one drainage to the north, Henderson, up toward Red Mountain. Grove creek to the south is also good but needs substantial low elevation snow to make it worth it. A snowmobile helps and if you make friends with the folks in the flats you can ride from the house.

Quote Originally Posted by haysman16 View Post
    I used to live up Patterson, the best touring we found was one drainage to the north, Henderson, up toward Red Mountain. Grove creek to the south is also good but needs substantial low elevation snow to make it worth it. A snowmobile helps and if you make friends with the folks in the flats you can ride from the house.
    Right on, thanks for the beta.

Anybody have any beta on winds conditions?
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

http://www.tetongravity.com/story/sk...ountain-resort laughing at the inevitable, hmm? I'm pretty certain a few of the VR exec own the giant hole in the ground next to the Tram..

If you enjoy corporate skiing then by all means support Vail Resorts. Maybe it will happen during the 50th anniversary, who knows..

Quote Originally Posted by media310 View Post
    http://www.tetongravity.com/story/sk...ountain-resort laughing at the inevitable, hmm? I'm pretty certain a few of the VR exec own the giant hole in the ground next to the Tram..

If you enjoy corporate skiing then by all means support Vail Resorts. Maybe it will happen during the 50th anniversary, who knows..
    Its certainly not outside the realm of possible. I'm personally sick of replying to all my buds who didn't actually read it and think its true...

Did you two kiss and make up?

Driving from Park City to Jackson this afternoon to see the family for easter. Haven't been following the weather much up there. I'm not sure what gear to bring - a resort setup or touring gear?

I would bring your short shorts

I'm leaving town tomorrow for 2 weeks so my guess is that it's going to go full on nuclear winter coming in wet and heavy at first and then light and fluffy on top and make for perfect pow skiing conditions.

Or the sun might come back out and it'll go back to being 60 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by baby bear View Post
    I would bring your short shorts
    I guess I'll have to buy you a beer for the great advice.

Fortunately I just borrowed a roof box from a friend for the trip, so I guess I'll bring pow skis and touring gear.

umm- it's been balmy here so it wasn't that far off
    http://www.weather.com/weather/tenda...+USWY0088:1:US
    + I mean your name? come on
    the mountain is fun when it warms up mid-day, the pass has been a bit better going earlier before it warms up as much.

Quote Originally Posted by _Aaron_ View Post
    Anybody have any beta on winds conditions?
    A few links for you: http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/webmap/...-94.000&zoom=5

http://www.wrcc.dri.edu/snotelanom/basinpre.html

http://www.wrds.uwyo.edu/wrds/nrcs/s.../snowprec.html

What are you thinking? I have all the maps if you need.

And I am planning a Berry to Webb to Moose Basin to head of Bitch Creek to N Leigh for next weekend/ 5 days or so.

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    A few links for you: http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/webmap/...-94.000&zoom=5

http://www.wrcc.dri.edu/snotelanom/basinpre.html

http://www.wrds.uwyo.edu/wrds/nrcs/s.../snowprec.html

What are you thinking? I have all the maps if you need.

And I am planning a Berry to Webb to Moose Basin to head of Bitch Creek to N Leigh for next weekend/ 5 days or so.
    Thanks Lynne, We'll probably head into Titcomb for a few days. I was going to just buy the maps but maybe Ill swing by this weekend and borrow them as well as check out the van progress. Ill call or text you tomorrow.

East face of Static skied surprisingly well today. New snow was sticking to the crust in most spots but isolated areas with heavier wind deposit >1ft were getting a little touchy. Booted from the car to the summit, didn't need skins at all. Quite nice.
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

Skied Owl, the north side of Forellen, and south side of Survey with SCOTT Fitzgerald and a crew back in '98 staying at the Berry Creek Cabin... that zone is a fun one! Skating out Berry Creek on frozen snow was a top ranker!!! Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by drocker View Post
    Skied Owl, the north side of Forellen, and south side of Survey with SCOTT Fitzgerald and a crew back in '98 staying at the Berry Creek Cabin... that zone is a fun one! Skating out Berry Creek on frozen snow was a top ranker!!! Have fun!
    Thanks! Got all the maps laid out on the kitchen table right now, plus TT's Teton skiing book. So much cool unknown terrain.

Sounds like the luge run out from Taylor and Coal Creek is melted out? And Static/ other sheep closures are lifted since it is after April 1. It's go-time.

Buddy has some extra passed to the village this weekend. Let me knwo if you're interested and I'll get ya in touch...
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    Thanks! Got all the maps laid out on the kitchen table right now, plus TT's Teton skiing book. So much cool unknown terrain.

Sounds like the luge run out from Taylor and Coal Creek is melted out? And Static/ other sheep closures are lifted since it is after April 1. It's go-time.
    In that vein, hats off to the three that tagged hunt this am. Picture perfect turns that call attention form the village. Really, beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    In that vein, hats off to the three that tagged hunt this am. Picture perfect turns that call attention form the village. Really, beautiful.
    Isn't Mt. Hunt a no no due to bighorn migrations/habitat?
    why make ten turns when you only need to make NONE!

Quote Originally Posted by elevens View Post
    Isn't Mt. Hunt a no no due to bighorn migrations/habitat?
    see quote in my post

No more Village!

Now it the snow comes?
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

For the employees and 100 day peeps today at least
    Aggressive in my own mind

Jess put together a pretty nice blog article on her Grand ski a few weeks back- link

And a well-written article on the increasing numbers of folks skiing that zone, and a potential alternative route out, link
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's