Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Cheers to everyone that joined us and the Shift Cleanup! Loved seeing all those orange bags along the highway...

Thanks for being a part of it. It helps!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Speaking of cleanup,On saturday Snow King is looking for help cleaning up the trees and dead fall. Over time this could pay off in the form of good, steep tree skiing. I also think they are ready to fire the guns up, gonna be cool to see what they can produce from now to Dec 1 with the new tech. Alas I wont see it this winter. Iam off to adventure in a old favorite valley, the Loisachtal!

Can you provide more info on the King cleanup. Been staring down those tree runs past few years thinking, if we cleared some of the dead fall this would be epic tree skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by media310 View Post
    Can you provide more info on the King cleanup. Been staring down those tree runs past few years thinking, if we cleared some of the dead fall this would be epic tree skiing.
    9 thirty at the base of summit. Dont know if they are providing saws or gloves. Skid bonus, free coffee and a bagel!

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    9 thirty at the base of summit. Dont know if they are providing saws or gloves. Skid bonus, free coffee and a bagel!
    Check with them for specifics.

that's cool that they are involving the community- they do that a lot at the little ski areas in new england
    I've been hiking the king a bunch recently and they've been doing tons of clearing - it's looking good
    here are a couple pics I snapped of the artfully assembled burn piles and also testing of the snow guns....can't wait for winter- the forecast is looking cold at nights finally

I'm sidelined from digging, riding etc right now (shoulder injury) but my other half usually represents for our clan at the trail days

whhops damn alarm clock ^

in other news whats everyone's thoughts on all the dog chatter as of late. Personally I am not going to be happy if people (aka local govt ) tells me I need to start carrying a leash with me. Especially considering my dogs knows and obeys the word heel...

Dog owners are like cyclists. Ask any one and they all swear they have perfect control of their animals. Just like every cyclist claims to stop at stop signs.
    Live Free or Die

gun dogs seem to listen well or they end up being shot,

http://planetjh.com/2015/10/20/the-b...-consequences/ - interesting read

"In overall development, the study concludes that the town should plan on adding between 950 and 1,190 affordable housing units over the next 10 years to accommodate the stated goal of housing 65 percent of the workforce."

Anyone else laughing or scared shitless. Personally I don't want anyone that was involved with the Groove shitshow trying to make more affordable housing. This combined with the recent article saying the school would need 500 more seats in the coming years makes me wonder..

Quote Originally Posted by media310 View Post
    http://planetjh.com/2015/10/20/the-b...-consequences/ - interesting read

"In overall development, the study concludes that the town should plan on adding between 950 and 1,190 affordable housing units over the next 10 years to accommodate the stated goal of housing 65 percent of the workforce."

Anyone else laughing or scared shitless. Personally I don't want anyone that was involved with the Groove shitshow trying to make more affordable housing. This combined with the recent article saying the school would need 500 more seats in the coming years makes me wonder..
    School would need 500 more seats with more affordable housing, or just at current trends?
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

hence why they are wanting us to fund another school in Jackson. Really? But yeah these are the future needs of the valley. At some point do we say, ok we have hit our maxim capacity

Anyone grab a pair 174 Bros at the ski swap today? They went missing and aren't showing up as purchased at this point...

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Anyone grab a pair 174 Bros at the ski swap today? They went missing and aren't showing up as purchased at this point...
    When I picked up my stuff, they said they had issues with people grabbing stuff that wasn't theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowy Spartan View Post
    When I picked up my stuff, they said they had issues with people grabbing stuff that wasn't theirs.
    Kind of annoyed, told me to put it in the report book in case they sold but didn't get recorded otherwise I'm SOL.

if anyone on here has that rossi surfboard looking snowboard for sale that didn't sell at the swap I will take it. Would look rad on my wall and on deep pass days

this is the one I am trying to track down

Anyone in the area have some extra indoor storage? Looking to store 1 or 2 motorcycles for the winter, cash up front for 6 months.

Think I'm doing the margarita cup this year with some friends. I've never raced, but am a competent skier. Anyone have an idea what type of skis I should be looking for for this series? My skinniest skis now are some old dynastar LPs at 97 underfoot.

People ski a little bit of everything in the Picas. Do what ever you like, but those LP will get you by. Just show up and have a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by galenparke View Post
    People ski a little bit of everything in the Picas. Do what ever you like, but those LP will get you by. Just show up and have a good time.
    Maybe I should rephrase a bit. I believe my wife will buy off on this opportunity to purchase some new (used) skis, which I will need, in order to do this race series.

I know, should have asked before the swap, but here I am looking for something in the 70-90 underfoot range and I haven't looked at that size ski in a long time. Maybe a Rossi experience or something similar? I say Rossi experience based solely on it looking like it should be stiff and capable. My budget is likely under $150.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawless View Post
    Maybe I should rephrase a bit. I believe my wife will buy off on this opportunity to purchase some new (used) skis, which I will need, in order to do this race series.

I know, should have asked before the swap, but here I am looking for something in the 70-90 underfoot range and I haven't looked at that size ski in a long time. Maybe a Rossi experience or something similar? I say Rossi experience based solely on it looking like it should be stiff and capable. My budget is likely under $150.
    I got a pair of head rev 85s in a 170. 85 mm underfoot and and a 14 meter radius. Id do 120 on those. Integrated binding system included.